• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ed Snider was to blame on this one if I remember right. After Bob had a rough playoff he came out pretty strongly in public saying the Flyers wouldn't have a goaltending problem again and that they'd be active trying to acquire the best goalie available.

Bryz and his agent had all the leverage. Bryz was also apparently a headcase. And so they continue to pay his ass for 3 more seasons :eek: . Good thing it was a compliance buyout..

What might be the more egregious Panthers related error is the Flyers interviewed and then passed on Zito in 2019 to hire Fletcher :doh:
I agree Ed was a huge part of fucking this up.

If they folded Ed's team when he died, we'd have a better hockey team in this city right now. It should have happened. Fuck Comcast.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ed Snider was to blame on this one if I remember right. After Bob had a rough playoff he came out pretty strongly in public saying the Flyers wouldn't have a goaltending problem again and that they'd be active trying to acquire the best goalie available.

Bryz and his agent had all the leverage. Bryz was also apparently a headcase. And so they continue to pay his ass for 3 more seasons :eek: . Good thing it was a compliance buyout..

What might be the more egregious Panthers related error is the Flyers interviewed and then passed on Zito in 2019 to hire Fletcher :doh:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDavid had 42 points in the playoffs. That would've been 5th on our team for the year. :what:
Reinhart had 27 PPG for Florida this season.

As a team, the Flyers scored 31 PPG.......

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinhart had 27 PPG for Florida this season.

As a team, the Flyers scored 31 PPG.......

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office
It's embarrassing, but I think it's safe to say that Michkov is going to cure a lot of our power play sickness. He gives us some elite level offensive skill that we just have very little of right now.

Couturier is going to bounce back too and that will help everything.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It’s not that we did not like Bobrovsky,” Snider said. “The whole thing was a fiasco. We can't look back. What happened, happened, and here we are.”

He was right about that lol. After signing Bryz there was no way Bob was going to stick around. Bryz was signed for 9 years, by the time he moved on Bob would've been an old guy too.

I liked having Snider as the owner for the most part. Dude wanted to win as much or more than the fans. It worked to have a competitive team year in and year out, until the cap. He never did make the adjustment to the cap world and the Flyers suffered as a result.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which Flyers players does Michkov’s arrival affect the most?​

Looking at the depth chart on right wing, it’s safe to assume that Garnet Hathaway will occupy a spot on either the third or fourth line. That leaves Cam Atkinson and Bobby Brink.

Atkinson is probably as good as gone. He didn’t score a goal in his final 23 games, and could get bought out as soon as Thursday, when the window opens for teams to do that — unless Daniel Briere gets creative and finds a way to move him, thereby getting his entire salary off the books by next summer. Brink is a pending restricted free agent who needs a new contract, but that shouldn’t be an issue.

If Konecny gets signed to an extension, as is still the likeliest outcome, the Flyers’ top-six wingers for the foreseeable future could be Konecny, Michkov, Tyson Foerster and Owen Tippett. That’s a decent group to keep building around, as all of them have 30-plus goals per season potential.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a 6' 6" player LeTourneau available towards the end of the 1st round.

But, perhaps we've suffered enough with players like Isaac Radcliffe.....
I personally think we need a center at the 12th pick.

I just post these so our board can get a look at who is out there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very high praise for his 2nd round pick. Camparing Freij's ceiling to Yemenchuk.. Does this guy know a a lot or is he crazy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a 6' 6" player LeTourneau available towards the end of the 1st round.

But, perhaps we've suffered enough with players like Isaac Radcliffe.....
It depends on if we take a forward at 12 i think we may be looking at defense at 32.

Just my opinion but who really knows.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which Flyers players does Michkov’s arrival affect the most?​

Looking at the depth chart on right wing, it’s safe to assume that Garnet Hathaway will occupy a spot on either the third or fourth line. That leaves Cam Atkinson and Bobby Brink.

Atkinson is probably as good as gone. He didn’t score a goal in his final 23 games, and could get bought out as soon as Thursday, when the window opens for teams to do that — unless Daniel Briere gets creative and finds a way to move him, thereby getting his entire salary off the books by next summer. Brink is a pending restricted free agent who needs a new contract, but that shouldn’t be an issue.

If Konecny gets signed to an extension, as is still the likeliest outcome, the Flyers’ top-six wingers for the foreseeable future could be Konecny, Michkov, Tyson Foerster and Owen Tippett. That’s a decent group to keep building around, as all of them have 30-plus goals per season potential.
If Atkinson gets gone is there a way for Briere to hide Risto on the deal and not tell the trade partner??!! lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year’s Stanley Cup Final averaged 8.8 million viewers across North America, up 85 percent year-over-year, and was the most-watched Stanley Cup Final across the continent since 2013, per the NHL.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year’s Stanley Cup Final averaged 8.8 million viewers across North America, up 85 percent year-over-year, and was the most-watched Stanley Cup Final across the continent since 2013, per the NHL.
That's a blatant lie, I didn't watch a minute of it!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Drysdale is healthy this coming season and secures a spot on the top unit, he may offer up a boost to the power play as well.