• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's embarrassing, but I think it's safe to say that Michkov is going to cure a lot of our power play sickness. He gives us some elite level offensive skill that we just have very little of right now.

Couturier is going to bounce back too and that will help everything.
No he’s not (Coots)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think our captain is done? Age 31 and 6 seasons left...Lol

That would be extremely unfortunate.
I have to hope that injuries and the hernia last season were slowing him down.
He's had plenty of rest, so if we get anything resembling 90% of old Coots, that should be productive enough to finish out that contract.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which Flyers players does Michkov’s arrival affect the most?​

Looking at the depth chart on right wing, it’s safe to assume that Garnet Hathaway will occupy a spot on either the third or fourth line. That leaves Cam Atkinson and Bobby Brink.

Atkinson is probably as good as gone. He didn’t score a goal in his final 23 games, and could get bought out as soon as Thursday, when the window opens for teams to do that — unless Daniel Briere gets creative and finds a way to move him, thereby getting his entire salary off the books by next summer. Brink is a pending restricted free agent who needs a new contract, but that shouldn’t be an issue.

If Konecny gets signed to an extension, as is still the likeliest outcome, the Flyers’ top-six wingers for the foreseeable future could be Konecny, Michkov, Tyson Foerster and Owen Tippett. That’s a decent group to keep building around, as all of them have 30-plus goals per season potential.
Well hoping it's the obvious, Atkinson. I already read they were committed to Brink and Hathaway played great last season so this is the way I see it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a 6' 6" player LeTourneau available towards the end of the 1st round.

But, perhaps we've suffered enough with players like Isaac Radcliffe.....

Craig Button has us taking the 6'6" player you brought up with the 32nd p[ick so ya never know.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in the Athletic about the Necas trade possibility:

While Tulsky wouldn’t say, other league sources say that there is one team in particular that is pretty close with Carolina on the framework of a deal and that if that trade goes through, it would involve a first-round pick Friday night. So if that particular team decides to go ahead with Carolina, we will know within 48 hours here.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in the Athletic about the Necas trade possibility:

While Tulsky wouldn’t say, other league sources say that there is one team in particular that is pretty close with Carolina on the framework of a deal and that if that trade goes through, it would involve a first-round pick Friday night. So if that particular team decides to go ahead with Carolina, we will know within 48 hours here.
Please let this not be us.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It’s not that we did not like Bobrovsky,” Snider said. “The whole thing was a fiasco. We can't look back. What happened, happened, and here we are.”

He was right about that lol. After signing Bryz there was no way Bob was going to stick around. Bryz was signed for 9 years, by the time he moved on Bob would've been an old guy too.

I liked having Snider as the owner for the most part. Dude wanted to win as much or more than the fans. It worked to have a competitive team year in and year out, until the cap. He never did make the adjustment to the cap world and the Flyers suffered as a result.
A blind squirrel found a nut.

What he did with it next is a horrible tale.

And the horror out lived him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the NHL yet.

If they think he can play center, I hope that's the case.
Just did a little searching and Necas was the center on the Canes top PP unit.

I would think he could play center for us. Well see tomorrow if we are the team in the trade.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did a little searching and Necas was the center on the Canes top PP unit.

I would think he could play center for us. Well see tomorrow if we are the team in the trade.
From what his dad said about wanting to play on the top PP, sounded like he wasn't. Maybe he centered the 2nd PP. At least there's something to see there, but he'd have to get a lot better on face offs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed eaglesnut. We need PP peeps who are elite level (if possible) to the level that our penalty kills and short-handed goals scored improved last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed eaglesnut. We need PP peeps who are elite level (if possible) to the level that our penalty kills and short-handed goals scored improved last year.
Hahaha We aren't getting elite PP peeps for Farabee and Brink.

Gonna have to sweeten that pot a whole lot more than that.