• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could go a lot of ways with an Ottawa trade. Chychrun is always on the trade block. Would be a much more aggressive move from the Flyers who have been preaching patience. Konecny also played his junior hockey in Ottawa for the 67s and Ottawa expected to be better than the 7th overall pick this year. Then again, all signs point to the Flyers extending TK come July 1. Laughton maybe? Frost?
Any trade that would involve TK better be bigger than Chychrun and a 7 pick. I mean I can cut him(Chychrun)a little slack cause he's played for 2 shitty clubs but he hasn't been a standout of either one, for a 16 pick in the draft he should be better than a #6 Dman! We have and have had enough of these players already, unless there is an absolute game changing player at that pick I'd have to say I'm in the hope this doesn't happen category.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers maybe trying to move into the top ten in the draft. Whatever they come up with to do that maybe is what they concentrating on right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any trade that would involve TK better be bigger than Chychrun and a 7 pick. I mean I can cut him(Chychrun)a little slack cause he's played for 2 shitty clubs but he hasn't been a standout of either one, for a 16 pick in the draft he should be better than a #6 Dman! We have and have had enough of these players already, unless there is an absolute game changing player at that pick I'd have to say I'm in the hope this doesn't happen category.

Chychrun doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He's a fine player, but he's 26 and UFA next summer. Doesn't really fit a rebuilding team IMO. He's basically the top 4 dman version of TK in terms of age, contract situation, very good but not "elite" level. Chabot is the other dman they're rumored to be considering moving. He's 27, but he's already a few years in to a big contract so he's only signed for 4 more years. IMO, that's a better contract than signing TK or Chychrun to big deals that go well in to their 30s.

Defense would look a little better with Chabot, Sanheim, York, and Drysdale as your top 4. I don't know that it takes you to contender level on D though. Still missing that #1.

But, Jones and Briere seem to flirt with "we could finish lower in the standings next year" a lot in their media availabilities. Doesn't seem like adding guys like Chabot or Chychrun is really what they're after. Younger guys that could be difference makers long term, like Zegras (23), I think that's what they mean when they're talking about "hockey trades". But those are pretty rare. And if they essentially just stand pat, with the goalie situation and the d-group missing Walker? I think they probably would fall down a few spots in the standings. Especially if they were to trade Laughton or Frost. And Farabee's name has been out there a lot recently too.

To me, the deal that makes sense is trying to get #7 from them. The Sens are on a shorter time frame when it comes to wanting to compete. Does Farabee get them #7? Laughton and #32? Farabee and #32? Laughton and #12? Based on all the stuff I've read/listend to, the Flyers seem to like the 2025 draft, particularly the centers there. This draft's strength is the first 6 dmen who people seem to think have top pair, if not #1 potential. #7 gets you one of those guys, hopefully the right one. Then next year you hope to get a center or two with top 6 potential. Which, if they do end up lower in the standings next year and land in the top 10 they could be in a good spot to pick a future #1 C.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Briere, this draft is about 16 or 17 players deep with top level talent, so drafting at 12, he is willing to potentially trade up or down if the situation calls for it. That and if we have to decide between a winger, defenseman or center all at the same grade, we will take the center because that is what the franchise is most in need of.

This isn't really shocking news, but it's nice to here, regardless. We have a lot of flexibility at 12.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Briere, this draft is about 16 or 17 players deep with top level talent, so drafting at 12, he is willing to potentially trade up or down if the situation calls for it. That and if we have to decide between a winger, defenseman or center all at the same grade, we will take the center because that is what the franchise is most in need of.

This isn't really shocking news, but it's nice to here, regardless. We have a lot of flexibility at 12.

I'd be pretty irritated if they moved down from 12 tbh. Most of the pundits seem to have the drop closer to #12-13 with the Flyers at the tail end of it as it is. Dropping out of that group, short of getting a 1st next year to do so, would be disappointing to me. Even if Briere is right and the pundits are wrong, I'd rather them have their choice of 4-5 guys rather than getting stuck with whoever makes it to 16/17. IMO, middle of the lineup guys are basically worthless given the Flyers plethora of them. Need to get top of the lineup guys in this draft and next year's draft. And hope that Michkov lives up to the hype and Bonk is a high quality guy too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The consensus I have read is the Flyers want to move up into the top 10 but they have not found any takers yet. Damn, nobody wants Risto's shit contract! Just dreamin' again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could go a lot of ways with an Ottawa trade. Chychrun is always on the trade block. Would be a much more aggressive move from the Flyers who have been preaching patience. Konecny also played his junior hockey in Ottawa for the 67s and Ottawa expected to be better than the 7th overall pick this year. Then again, all signs point to the Flyers extending TK come July 1. Laughton maybe? Frost?
If this trade makes us better im all for it whatever it is.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chychrun doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He's a fine player, but he's 26 and UFA next summer. Doesn't really fit a rebuilding team IMO. He's basically the top 4 dman version of TK in terms of age, contract situation, very good but not "elite" level. Chabot is the other dman they're rumored to be considering moving. He's 27, but he's already a few years in to a big contract so he's only signed for 4 more years. IMO, that's a better contract than signing TK or Chychrun to big deals that go well in to their 30s.

Defense would look a little better with Chabot, Sanheim, York, and Drysdale as your top 4. I don't know that it takes you to contender level on D though. Still missing that #1.

But, Jones and Briere seem to flirt with "we could finish lower in the standings next year" a lot in their media availabilities. Doesn't seem like adding guys like Chabot or Chychrun is really what they're after. Younger guys that could be difference makers long term, like Zegras (23), I think that's what they mean when they're talking about "hockey trades". But those are pretty rare. And if they essentially just stand pat, with the goalie situation and the d-group missing Walker? I think they probably would fall down a few spots in the standings. Especially if they were to trade Laughton or Frost. And Farabee's name has been out there a lot recently too.

To me, the deal that makes sense is trying to get #7 from them. The Sens are on a shorter time frame when it comes to wanting to compete. Does Farabee get them #7? Laughton and #32? Farabee and #32? Laughton and #12? Based on all the stuff I've read/listend to, the Flyers seem to like the 2025 draft, particularly the centers there. This draft's strength is the first 6 dmen who people seem to think have top pair, if not #1 potential. #7 gets you one of those guys, hopefully the right one. Then next year you hope to get a center or two with top 6 potential. Which, if they do end up lower in the standings next year and land in the top 10 they could be in a good spot to pick a future #1 C.
Laughton and the 12 for the number 7 would be dumb.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russian hockey club SKA St. Petersburg is releasing Matvei Michkov from his contractual obligations on Monday, freeing him up to join the Flyers organization for the 2024-25 season, a team source and league sources confirmed Sunday.

This is official. It's all over the news. He could join the team in 1-2 weeks, depending on the visa process.

Fucking amazing!! I am pretty pumped to hear this, especially ahead of the fast-approaching draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3