• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never realized there was so much crime in Canada that there is such a back log of cases.
That I don't know but if it is anything like here, Covid caused major delays across the judicial system. If they are trying them together, the length of a trial alone could create more delay. I don't anticipate any of these guys testifying, but dealing with 1 attorney is a pain the the ass and this one could have 6.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in 2027 there will be some feel good reclamation project named Carter Hart who did his time and probably contributes heavily to a charity, went to rehab or something. Then he'll help the Devils bounce the first promising Flyers team in a decade by shutting them out in 3 of 5 games in round 1. The fans will turn on Michkov because he didn't have enough hits to be a "real Flyer". So clearly he didn't care. GM John Tortorella blows it up as a result. In 2028 they'll draft #12 overall because they want to hang on to enough vets to establish a culture and TK's 9M contract for 6 more seasons is now immovable because he's a 31 year old 45pt player. Michkov wins the Conn Smythe, leading the Blackhwaks to a cup in 2029.
That's not fucking cool....Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not fucking cool....Lol

Lol. I got on a roll and kept adding. Surely that won't all actually happen... right?

The Hart part definitely happens though. He's definitely signing with a rival on the other side of this and will beat the Flyers in the playoffs at some point. The Philly goalie curse is undefeated.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in 2027 there will be some feel good reclamation project named Carter Hart who did his time and probably contributes heavily to a charity, went to rehab or something. Then he'll help the Devils bounce the first promising Flyers team in a decade by shutting them out in 3 of 5 games in round 1. The fans will turn on Michkov because he didn't have enough hits to be a "real Flyer". So clearly he didn't care. GM John Tortorella blows it up as a result. In 2028 they'll draft #12 overall because they want to hang on to enough vets to establish a culture and TK's 9M contract for 6 more seasons is now immovable because he's a 31 year old 45pt player. Michkov wins the Conn Smythe, leading the Blackhwaks to a cup in 2029.
You have officially gone off the deep end :crazy::gaah::pound::pound::pound::pound:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, trade the guy only if we get something of equal or greater value in return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Order of preference for me:
1. Trade him, no sweeteners, retain whatever you want
2. Ride it out for a year
3. Buy him out
4. Trade him with sweeteners
I think maybe we keep him and trade him at the deadline.

I dont want to lose anybody to sweeten the pot

I cant take any more retaining salary on players even if its only for this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe we keep him and trade him at the deadline.

I dont want to lose anybody to sweeten the pot

I cant take any more retaining salary on players even if its only for this year.

Agree on the 1st two. I don't mind retaining because I think he's going to cost them cap space this year regardless. Either he's on the team for 5.9M, they buy him out and he costs 2.4M, or they retain some money (up to 2.9M) to facilitate a trade.

The Sharks would be attractive because they need to get to the floor and might be willing to take all 5.9M, but they can get assets from other teams to take on salary to get to the floor. No sense taking on Atkinson if the Flyers aren't willing to add an asset to it. Which I don't think they should be considering.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew he was hurt and he knew his play was badly lacking yet when he finally got benched for a game because he was playing terrible him and his agent blew up the whole season. Definitely not what captains are supposed to do. Him and his agent literally blew up the whole season with that controversy and our losing streak in the last few weeks. I directly point my finger at our so called captain for us missing the playoffs.
No, the front office:

1) Said "we suck"
2) Traded our defense

And then they sucked and had no defense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, in the last 15 years, all Cup winners have had a #1 or #2 draft pick on the squad.
Can't win without top players. The Flyers missed every single top pick for multiple decades.

The only one worth a damn at all was Couturier.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would've gotten my vote for sure. Probably didn't stick it on him because of the relatively higher chance of getting moved.
Which was so dumb. Doesn't hurt his trade value at all to make him captain. They weren't playing a real season anyway since they didn't try to make the playoffs. So what was the point of not giving it to Laughton?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As reported in April, it does not appear that the trial will begin until after the 2024-25 NHL season is underway. TSN correspondent Rick Westhead reported Tuesday that, "because of court backlogs, it's doubtful the Hockey Canada trial will begin before late April 2025 at the earliest."

The Flyers open training camp in September and the regular season in October. An NHL regular season typically ends around mid-April. The possibility of Hart returning to the ice at any point next season is appearing more and more unlikely.

The goaltender is a restricted free agent this offseason. It's uncertain if the Flyers will need to extend Hart a qualifying offer this month to retain his rights as the legal process plays out in court. According to a source, the Flyers have not made a decision on that front as they wait for direction from the NHL.
This is some dumb shit. When is the team going to:

1) Grow some balls
2) Call the bitch a dirty conniving ho
3) Call the Canadian government more corrupt than shithole ukraine
4) Put Carter back between the pipes where he belongs

Pathetic franchise doesn't deserve to win.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, my guess is the NHL doesn't give any break to the teams here and they'll all be forced to make their own decisions on whether to qualify or not. I think the NHL execs are mostly cowards and the easiest thing for them to do is punt the decision to the teams. They want to risk the public backlash, go for it.

I agree though, I don't expect the teams will risk it though and will probably just not qualify these guys and let them become free agents.
The Flyers should sign all of them. If they do nothing that the other teams aren't willing to do then they will continue to suck.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad someone else can see the future. I wish someone in a position of power wanted to change that future that awaz so clairovoyantly shared with us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lappy signs a 2 year extension to keep coaching the Phantoms. Dude has conned the Flyers organization for 15 years now and has 2 more tacked on.

I don't want to see any of the Flyers better prospects get time with the Phantoms. Everyone 'developed' by Lappy has regressed. Everything he's coached has been a loser.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could go a lot of ways with an Ottawa trade. Chychrun is always on the trade block. Would be a much more aggressive move from the Flyers who have been preaching patience. Konecny also played his junior hockey in Ottawa for the 67s and Ottawa expected to be better than the 7th overall pick this year. Then again, all signs point to the Flyers extending TK come July 1. Laughton maybe? Frost?

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lappy signs a 2 year extension to keep coaching the Phantoms. Dude has conned the Flyers organization for 15 years now and has 2 more tacked on.

I don't want to see any of the Flyers better prospects get time with the Phantoms. Everyone 'developed' by Lappy has regressed. Everything he's coached has been a loser.
Great player, probably took one too many pucks to the head, coaching isn't his strong suit for sure.