• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would like them to tell you that they "bailed on the season on purpose because the season doesn't matter" ??

You want them to say to you "we tricked you into following along all year and we're doing it again next year" ??
AGAIN for the last time.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i would like management to answer the question of what happened the last two weeks of the season during our losing streak.

Why is that so hard to understand :L:L:L:L:L:L

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is that time of the year when all of us are like: "Please get us the best player or at least a good player in the draft that we need with the major feeling of "and don't screw this up with some jackwad that we have to overpay to get him to play like we need him to play in the present good system just to get enough wins for the playoffs"!!
With the last 2 regimes it felt like all they did was get us jackwads that we over payed. Lets hope this regime is different.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN for the last time.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i would like management to answer the question of what happened the last two weeks of the season during our losing streak.

Why is that so hard to understand :L:L:L:L:L:L
They answered it for you in January and February when they had to cover for the Cutter nonsense and when they sent Walker packing.

This franchise is shit and doesn't deserve the playoffs.

That's almost a direct quote. They already told you!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another Couts injury.
Maybe he's actually healthy to start a new season?????

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My disappointment with this is, if he knew he should have had it treated then and there. He continued to play and become weaker each game when even a fresh healthy face would have been better.
You see this every year with several players who reveal they played through an injury. While it is nice to see how tough these guys are, they sometimes hurt the team. If an injury is affecting your play, you have to get yourself better. Guys have minor injuries all the time and still play well. This one sounds like it was significant enough to sit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Chy. Bravado and Machismo are admirable but when it starts to majorly affect team play and the bottom line of W's and L's, then it is time to sit and let someone else who is healthy contribute!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Chy. Bravado and Machismo are admirable but when it starts to majorly affect team play and the bottom line of W's and L's, then it is time to sit and let someone else who is healthy contribute!!
Yes, but he's already missed an absolute shitload of games over the last few seasons. If he had packed it in last season and only played 20 or 30 games, you guys would be shitting all over him more than ever. It's bad enough as it is for a former Selke winner, back to back 76 point player and career +72 center that is/was one of the best all-around centers in the Nhl.

I just refuse to accept that this guy is done at only age 31. He will be really good this season, assuming he can get the damn monkey off his back and stay healthy. I feel terrible for the dude because most of you guys would probably trade him for a bag of used condoms right about now and he's the captain of our team. Everyone forgets how exceptional of a 200 foot hockey player this guy was at 100% health. He has the size and skill, wins faceoffs and plays in all situations. He could've been named captain years ago and nobody would've flinched.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, no surprise at all to hear that Couturier had the surgery. You could tell he was struggling throughout the vast majority of the season and when he comes back healthy this season, we're going to get a horse. Credit to the guy for battling through everything, dealing with the pain and playing in 74 games ultimately. Would've been extremely difficult for him (after all he's been through) to sit down and get another surgery while his team is in the hunt, although it may have been a better move in the long run for the franchise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but he's already missed an absolute shitload of games over the last few seasons. If he had packed it in last season and only played 20 or 30 games, you guys would be shitting all over him more than ever. It's bad enough as it is for a former Selke winner, back to back 76 point player and career +72 center that is/was one of the best all-around centers in the Nhl.

I just refuse to accept that this guy is done at only age 31. He will be really good this season, assuming he can get the damn monkey off his back and stay healthy. I feel terrible for the dude because most of you guys would probably trade him for a bag of used condoms right about now and he's the captain of our team. Everyone forgets how exceptional of a 200 foot hockey player this guy was at 100% health. He has the size and skill, wins faceoffs and plays in all situations. He could've been named captain years ago and nobody would've flinched.
O.K. Maverick. Your points are valid but what I think what is happening here is sometimes an athlete cannot return to the level he was at pre-condition when he achieved all those things you listed. Yea he WAS one of the best Centers in the NHL but father time is undefeated and attempting to return to past glories while injured may not be good on a number of levels. If, after his surgery, he returns close to those years, then you are right. But if not, then it is time to move on to something else like maybe retirement and coaching. Otherwise, he is impeding the team's progress to what we all want and that is another jewelry item from Lord Stanley.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. Maverick. Your points are valid but what I think what is happening here is sometimes an athlete cannot return to the level he was at pre-condition when he achieved all those things you listed. Yea he WAS one of the best Centers in the NHL but father time is undefeated and attempting to return to past glories while injured may not be good on a number of levels. If, after his surgery, he returns close to those years, then you are right. But if not, then it is time to move on to something else like maybe retirement and coaching. Otherwise, he is impeding the team's progress to what we all want and that is another jewelry item from Lord Stanley.
You're not wrong, but he's only 31. If he were at least 36+, I would absolutely agree in this situation. Father time should not yet be an issue. Plenty of guys his age or older are still going strong. That and he obviously hasn't played a lot of hockey over the last 3-4 seasons. If he gets to 100% (which by all accounts, he will) and can stay there, he should be fresh in the long run.

The point is, I'm betting on him, not against him. He has 6 seasons left with a no-movement clause, so perhaps we all should have more faith in the guy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Let's wait and see and if he pans out after getting healthy, then you were/are spot on and I was/am premature in my assessment!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong, but he's only 31. If he were at least 36+, I would absolutely agree in this situation. Father time should not yet be an issue. Plenty of guys his age or older are still going strong. That and he obviously hasn't played a lot of hockey over the last 3-4 seasons. If he gets to 100% (which by all accounts, he will) and can stay there, he should be fresh in the long run.

The point is, I'm betting on him, not against him. He has 6 seasons left with a no-movement clause, so perhaps we all should have more faith in the guy.
The bold is the key to me. For better or worse the Flyers are stuck with him for a little bit. Best to just root for him to return to what he used to be, or at least something close to it, and go from there. If he doesn't, the Flyers are kinda screwed with his contract but after a few years maybe it's cheaper to dump him on someone. But if he does bounce back, then you either have a good player or a valuable asset.

Nothing to do but wait and hope he bounces back.