• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if we could somehow get someone like UTAH to take Risto's contract. That would be a major move. But I'll have to keep on dreamin', I suppose!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where he thought that winning wasn't important in our eyes do you?
Nope, but I don't care either lol. If that's how he feels so be it. I can't tell you how many times we've been told we don't know shit only to have what we've said be true. It's all good, I'll love it soo much when we start truly winning and competing yearly again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Crispy. We still have some remnants of those two idiots that drove this franchise into the ground for nearly a decade one of which is that unbelievable bullshit contract for a useless player in Risto.

WE are slowly making progress and when we get back to the Broad Street Bullies of old, then winning and fun Hockey will be alive again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but I don't care either lol. If that's how he feels so be it. I can't tell you how many times we've been told we don't know shit only to have what we've said be true. It's all good, I'll love it soo much when we start truly winning and competing yearly again.
If we could improve on a very solid year we had this year i will truly believe we are on our way back to where we are expected to make a playoffs annually.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to get this kid with our 2nd first round pick.

No. 32: Julius Miettinen, C, Everett Silvertips (WHL)
Height:
6-foot-3 Weight: 201 pounds
Season Stats: 66GP-31G-36A (+27)

Miettinen brings a combination of size, power and skill. He’s a solid skater in open ice and a shooter on the power play. He gives opponents all they can handle along the boards and net front in the offensive zone.

NHL Projection: Second line forward. Power goal scorer

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to get this kid with our 2nd first round pick.

No. 32: Julius Miettinen, C, Everett Silvertips (WHL)
Height:
6-foot-3 Weight: 201 pounds
Season Stats: 66GP-31G-36A (+27)

Miettinen brings a combination of size, power and skill. He’s a solid skater in open ice and a shooter on the power play. He gives opponents all they can handle along the boards and net front in the offensive zone.

NHL Projection: Second line forward. Power goal scorer
I like the idea of size in the line up, but we need guys that can play too. Not saying this kid can't but that's what I'm hoping for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of size in the line up, but we need guys that can play too. Not saying this kid can't but that's what I'm hoping for.
Look at the bottom it says NHL projection: Second line forward power goal scorer.. Lord know we need a power goal scorer and to get him at 32 would be pretty good.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bottom it says NHL projection: Second line forward power goal scorer.. Lord know we need a power goal scorer and to get him at 32 would be pretty good.
Definitely, I was just saying that I love guys like this, however I think I've just gotten to the point until I see it for real it's hard to imagine it being real. After all the Cinderellas we've had that have been touted as good players, I've become a little hesitant to believe. But I wholeheartedly agree with a big power scorer type guy or a few being on this roster. Hope he slips to us and we get to find out.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Seeler who makes barely more than league minimum, it's young guys that haven't had a contract signed outside of the RFA years. That's the key to managing the cap for a contender. ELC's and guys on RFA-signed contracts. Once they get to UFA-signed contracts the pendulum swings the other way and while they still might provide a lot of value for the team, you have to pay for it. And there's only so much money to go around.
That and once you've broken through and Won that Cup, for as long as you're still a true contender, veterans and homegrown talent too will be willing to sign with you for a lot less for a shot at another Cup. This is how you get stacked teams like Tampa for years and years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Catton a lot too. I'm hoping that at least one of him or Yakemchuk is there. They're my two favorites that seem to slip out of the top 10 in some mock drafts. Really just means I need to root for guys like Iginla, Sennecke, and Helenius to go in the top 10.
The latest mock draft from The Athletic has Yakemchuk going 6th, Iginla going 9th, Sennecke going 10th and Helenius slipping all the way to 15th.

They have us taking Catton 12th. He's not a very big guy, but that might be the only real downside. Incredible skater and playmaker.

The kid claims to have modeled his game after Jack Hughes. We could definitely use that type of player in Philly.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose the one thing you worry about with Catton, assuming you can get over him being smaller, is whether he's able to stay healthy at the Nhl level. He checks almost every other box, overwhelmingly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose the one thing you worry about with Catton, assuming you can get over him being smaller, is whether he's able to stay healthy at the Nhl level. He checks almost every other box, overwhelmingly.

I'm already dreaming of the Briere comparisons haha

Still would love one of the bigger dmen to drop. Quite a few 6-3, 6-4 dmen at the top of the draft and they all seem to be good skaters too. Feels like most of the time you're choosing between one or the other in that range, so the chance at getting one of those guys at #12 is very appealing. Just not very optimistic one of them will get to the Flyers for the same reason though.

Catton and Yakemchuk still my 2 guys. I've seen a couple mocks that have Dickinson slipping close to the Flyers range and I'd be pumped to get him too. People talk like Buium could slip to there too, but I haven't seen a mock where he actually does. But he'd be a fun pick too.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are answering the question in your other posts. 2-7-2, 11-0, who gives a shit? Just have to get rid of the expensive players after the 11 games are done. And then do it again next year.

Did you want them to lie to you instead of answer it truthfully? Because we already know the answer through their actions.
This is not making much sense but the part i did understand is "Because we already know the answer through their actions"

I dont know any answer from our management until i hear it from their mouths. Answer the question about what happened in the last 2 weeks and then we will know the answer. Its really that simple.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Seeler who makes barely more than league minimum, it's young guys that haven't had a contract signed outside of the RFA years. That's the key to managing the cap for a contender. ELC's and guys on RFA-signed contracts. Once they get to UFA-signed contracts the pendulum swings the other way and while they still might provide a lot of value for the team, you have to pay for it. And there's only so much money to go around.
I agree although this is from last years team which should've by all measures should've made the playoffs.

Gotta figure out a way to have more production from guys like Seeler making his type of salary before they get paid.

We have to many people making big bucks and not producing anywhere near the level of salary they are getting paid.

For every Seeler we have these guys Couts, Attkinson, Hart ,Risto ,Ellis ,Peterson and more. This needs to stop. More Seelers please.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not making much sense but the part i did understand is "Because we already know the answer through their actions"

I dont know any answer from our management until i hear it from their mouths. Answer the question about what happened in the last 2 weeks and then we will know the answer. Its really that simple.
Their answer is the season doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is waiting until the end of the year to try to get rid of contracts and then doing the same thing next year.

They told the fans this and the players were well aware. Why extend the season when management and the fans only care about getting rid of contracts?

Do you really need them to say that you? Or do you just want to hear them lie?

You don't even need them to convince you, you're already convinced.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their answer is the season doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is waiting until the end of the year to try to get rid of contracts and then doing the same thing next year.

They told the fans this and the players were well aware. Why extend the season when management and the fans only care about getting rid of contracts?

Do you really need them to say that you? Or do you just want to hear them lie?

You don't even need them to convince you, you're already convinced.
Again for the third or fourth time.

YES i would like to hear them to tell me that in the season closing interview.

I hope you understand this time as i can make it any clearer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will be our solid number 1 defenseman in a couple of years.

He's our Left Scott Niedermeyer a hall of fame defenseman.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is that time of the year when all of us are like: "Please get us the best player or at least a good player in the draft that we need with the major feeling of "and don't screw this up with some jackwad that we have to overpay to get him to play like we need him to play in the present good system just to get enough wins for the playoffs"!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again for the third or fourth time.

YES i would like to hear them to tell me that in the season closing interview.

I hope you understand this time as i can make it any clearer.
You would like them to tell you that they "bailed on the season on purpose because the season doesn't matter" ??

You want them to say to you "we tricked you into following along all year and we're doing it again next year" ??