• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want, it’s enough to make him intriguing and is why the Bulls wanted him. The guy isn’t done, far from it.
That really isn’t what everyone is saying. Everyone is saying that the Bulls screwed this up and that they had better deals for Caruso this past trade deadline. Additionally, the bigger move was they held on to all these pieces they should have been dealing this past season as well. DeRozan, Lavine, Drummond, Caruso, etc… The Bulls fucked up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, it actually means he is 1 of 5 players that had a lot of triple doubles by the age of 21.
Stats can be manipulated.

Dude is a good player.

But he isn't doing some otherwordly shit.

He has 11 triple doubles in 210 games.

It is impressive in the context of being under 21.

Now, lets compare him to the guy who leads the NBA with most triple doubles in their first 210 games.....

new.PNG

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really isn’t what everyone is saying. Everyone is saying that the Bulls screwed this up and that they had better deals for Caruso this past trade deadline. Additionally, the bigger move was they held on to all these pieces they should have been dealing this past season as well. DeRozan, Lavine, Drummond, Caruso, etc… The Bulls fucked up.
All kinds of win win talk out there. People just focus on what they want. Giddey was on a team where his strengths couldn’t be utilized. The Bulls are going to put the ball in his hands and give it a shot. His size and skill set says it’s worth a shot.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are a mess.

Giddey isn't fixing that.

He's a kid with upside.
As with a lot of trades the trade looks pretty good for OKC right now.....in a few years it may look better for Giddey and the Bulls, especially if the Thunder don't lock up Caruso. They probably will, just saying.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, weird debate.

I see this more as a " Presti managed to swindle yet another organization" over Giddey is trash.

Good young player with some warts.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s exactly what I’m saying, upside. I’m certainly not saying this fixes the Bulls.
Oh yeah....

I actually like the kid.

But this was not a fair swap.....imo.

Mostly from the standpoint that you got EXACTLY what you needed at guard for pesos on the dollar.

I hate that he went to the Bulls.

I would have really liked to see him land with the Magic.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with a lot of trades the trade looks pretty good for OKC right now.....in a few years it may look better for Giddey and the Bulls, especially if the Thunder don't lock up Caruso. They probably will, just saying.
Saw an article that pointed out that the Thunder didn’t have to have Caruso, but by getting him that potentially keeps another team in the West from getting him and getting better. Kind of like the Mavs did with Gafford. In Dec I expect Caruso will get a 4 year $80 mil deal to finish his career in OKC. Now we will find out what Presti is going to do for a big.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article that pointed out that the Thunder didn’t have to have Caruso, but by getting him that potentially keeps another team in the West from getting him and getting better. Kind of like the Mavs did with Gafford. In Dec I expect Caruso will get a 4 year $80 mil deal to finish his career in OKC. Now we will find out what Presti is going to do for a big.
Yep. Keep him away from another WC team and maybe they flip Dort.....or keep both.

#Options

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah....

I actually like the kid.

But this was not a fair swap.....imo.

Mostly from the standpoint that you got EXACTLY what you needed at guard for pesos on the dollar.

I hate that he went to the Bulls.

I would have really liked to see him land with the Magic.
That’s how Presti got the reputation he has. I saw one article that says this is exec of the year level stuff. Get Hartenstein and I’ll sign off on that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, weird debate.

I see this more as a " Presti managed to swindle yet another organization" over Giddey is trash.

Good young player with some warts.
And Giddey can always improve his outside shooting, just like other young players have. And his defense as well, maybe on that one.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s how Presti got the reputation he has. I saw one article that says this is exec of the year level stuff. Get Hartenstein and I’ll sign off on that.
If they get Hartenstein, damn it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Keep him away from another WC team and maybe they flip Dort.....or keep both.

#Options
They aren’t flipping Dort. 3 more seasons at $16 mil is a steal for him. This means the Thunder can switch off guarding a teams best player and really not lose anything.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on what you project Giddey to be.

It looks fantastic for the Thunder.

I think he probably will stay as well.

If they offer the bag, why wouldn't he?

Dunno if it will be this much.

But this is Bruce Brown money, so maybe?

Caruso is also on the final year of his contract, and he's only set to make $9.9 million next season. He'll be eligible for a four-year, $80 million contract extension six months from the date of this trade.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t flipping Dort. 3 more seasons at $16 mil is a steal for him. This means the Thunder can switch off guarding a teams best player and really not lose anything.
......and Cody Williams could fall right into your lap at #12.

I find that hard to believe, mainly because I don't want to.

But I have seen it in recent mocks.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on what you project Giddey to be.

It looks fantastic for the Thunder.

I think he probably will stay as well.

If they offer the bag, why wouldn't he?

Dunno if it will be this much.

But this is Bruce Brown money, so maybe?

Caruso is also on the final year of his contract, and he's only set to make $9.9 million next season. He'll be eligible for a four-year, $80 million contract extension six months from the date of this trade.

Yeah it kind of all came together for me when I saw Caruso say he still considers Daigneault to be a mentor from their previous time together in the G league. As long as the first half of the season goes well I’ll be surprised if he isn’t extended.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......and Cody Williams could fall right into your lap at #12.

I find that hard to believe, mainly because I don't want to.

But I have seen it in recent mocks.
Not so sure about having brothers on the same team but I don’t think he will fall that far. Kind of interesting that the Thunder have 2 players with brothers in the draft. Sarr as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Giddey can always improve his outside shooting, just like other young players have. And his defense as well, maybe on that one.
I'm not sayin he can't.

But I am saying I don't believe he will improve enough offensively to mitigate that defense.