• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Giddeys party
dead seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when they met

So apparently, this is actually a whole thing about. I don't think it should be a reason why he should drop but I reading about it, I get why teams asked to get a sense of what kind of person they are bringing in.

The woman was in her mid-20s when she started dating Flip when he was in high school. She even went to his prom. She's apparently a hardcore mormon and it appears this could be a grooming type situation going on, both from an underage perspective and taking him into mormonism away from his family, which is why there's been a split between him and some of his family. The more you look into it, the more wild it seems.

Maybe the teams really did say "Nah, we don't need that crazy" but I don't see why his personal life should have impacted it. It's a fucked up situation for sure, but one that shouldn't spill into the organization.

Also, kinda funny its Utah that drafted him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently, this is actually a whole thing about. I don't think it should be a reason why he should drop but I reading about it, I get why teams asked to get a sense of what kind of person they are bringing in.

The woman was in her mid-20s when she started dating Flip when he was in high school. She even went to his prom. She's apparently a hardcore mormon and it appears this could be a grooming type situation going on, both from an underage perspective and taking him into mormonism away from his family, which is why there's been a split between him and some of his family. The more you look into it, the more wild it seems.

Maybe the teams really did say "Nah, we don't need that crazy" but I don't see why his personal life should have impacted it. It's a fucked up situation for sure, but one that shouldn't spill into the organization.

If he were a better prospect, it wouldn’t matter as much.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peoples lives is peoples lives. This is crap that just doesn’t matter.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have like a 5 or 6 year age gap.

They started dating when he was 18 , I believe.

Go look at the age gap between Jalen Green, Antman and the women they just had kids with.

Look at the age gap between Coke Tucker and Vanessa Hudgens.

Nobody had shit to say because it only looks bad when one party is in their teens.

If organizations passed on this kid because of whom he chooses to date, shame on them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were a better prospect, it wouldn’t matter as much.
Plenty of evidence of this across sports.

NFL, NBA, MLB all college sports.

They will look past you ray-ping kids in the campus showers if they think you can help them recruit and coach guys to win a national championship.

If this was Wembenyama, non issue.

They aren’t doing the same for the next Frank Kaminsky.

It still sucks though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of evidence of this across sports.

NFL, NBA, MLB all college sports.

They will look past you ray-ping kids in the campus showers if they think you can help them recruit and coach guys to win a national championship.

If this was Wembenyama, non issue.

They aren’t doing the same for the next Frank Kaminsky.

It still sucks though.

I guess that is my point.

If a team is deciding between 2 iffy prospects, most teams are going to pass on the guy who might have trouble relating to other players on the team.

Filipowski is an iffy prospect.

The NBA has a long history of guys like Mateen Cleaves and Udonis Haslem sticking on rosters long past their time being useful on the court because they are so good in the locker room.

Personality and relatability do matter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanasis been the laughing stock of the league for at least 2 yrs now. Maybe longer

He also wasn’t drafted by the bucks

Got drafted 5 yrs prior to the bucks signing him and once again there was nothing wrong with the lakers drafting Bronny. The stunt Rich Paul here is the issue most are having

...only because it's Lebron and being overpublicized as such

Same agent shit, different day