• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and the NFL Draft

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As exciting as a mobile QB can be, an non mobile QB with game processing agility won the SB this year.
I would not be against Mills.

My thoughts on 15?
If we can't get an elite QB this year or the trade up market is not there, take an elite defender or trade out, even if it is for nexts years 1st if a partner is there.
Not sure who the QB's of next years draft will be. All I've heard for the past 3 years is Lawrence.
I would also be cool with taking someone's 1st next year

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd want to make sure their 1st is better than ours. (15th)
Who is going to be drafting top 10 next year that will want our 15?
I'd also want another pick to go with it. Add a 4th ?
I think the team you trade with is a foregone conclusion. Although it might be hard to target that with any real accuracy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is always either a home run or a or an out.

Character;
Hernandez - almost a home run, bounced off the green monster and caught for an out.
J.C. Jackson - looks like and in field home run right now as he is rounding third and heading for home

Wheels;
That TE that fuckered us to play in Tampa - Grand slam.
Malcolm Mitchell - fouled out, could have been the next Pats Great.
First, if a ball is caught off the monster it may be a single, but likely a double... But do you really think the shit storm that was hernandez was just an out. That ball ricocheted through the dugout popping nearly everyone in the eye.

Mitchell wasn't a foul out when you factor in he was very significant down the stretch, into the playoffs through a super bowl win. Super Bowl wins add 10x value.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what round Mills will be targeted but I feel he could be a great pick for the Pats and pick that will allow the Pats to manipulate the draft and shore up other areas.
Until his pro day last Friday in the pouring rain and wind, he was considered mid to late third. After throwing wet balls fifty yeards and only missing 3 of 40 targets, he's moved up into the first round and by April29th will most likely replace Lance and Trask and possibly Fields.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until his pro day last Friday in the pouring rain and wind, he was considered mid to late third. After throwing wet balls fifty yeards and only missing 3 of 40 targets, he's moved up into the first round and by April29th will most likely replace Lance and Trask and possibly Fields.
LOL If Trask goes is the first I will start golfing. I will have lost my faith in sports and seeing as golf is not a sport it seem appropriate. And 3rd round to top 3 is a huge jump.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL If Trask goes is the first I will start golfing. I will have lost my faith in sports and seeing as golf is not a sport it seem appropriate. And 3rd round to top 3 is a huge jump.
pick 163 according to this site

Davis Mills has average athleticism overall with regards to agility in and out of the pocket. He does a good job with subtle movements inside the pocket. However, on boots, naked, and RPOs, his lack of good athleticism and movement shows. He is a competitive player who has rallied his team from deficits. He is more accurate in the short to intermediate area than he is with his deep ball—although he shows moments of good touch on his deep passes.

Ideal Role: Backup NFL quarterback.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis Mills has average athleticism overall with regards to agility in and out of the pocket. He does a good job with subtle movements inside the pocket. However, on boots, naked, and RPOs, his lack of good athleticism and movement shows. He is a competitive player who has rallied his team from deficits. He is more accurate in the short to intermediate area than he is with his deep ball—although he shows moments of good touch on his deep passes.

So I am guessing when they wrote that they did not see his Pro Day or study game film. Yes we all know he not super mobile or agile, but for a team that prefers a pocket presence QB that can make all or most of the throws I think he is more than just a back up.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how different this is from Brady's scouting report. Not saying he's Brady or anything but I think Brady's scouting report wasn't very complimentary and look how that turned out.

Again, not saying Mills is anything. Just saying sometimes scouting reports are jack shit.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how different this is from Brady's scouting report. Not saying he's Brady or anything but I think Brady's scouting report wasn't very complimentary and look how that turned out.

Again, not saying Mills is anything. Just saying sometimes scouting reports are jack shit.
and so is 1 good pro day its all a crap shoot :suds:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so is 1 good pro day its all a crap shoot :suds:
No but watch his film, don't just buy into what the pundits write. The kid can pass the ball, reads D well, works the pocket well. A lot of qoute unquote experts do this write up because they feel the league is moving toward mobile QBs, and to a degree it is, so they knock less athletic qbs. Go watch some film on him, I think you will be surprised

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pretty much always a crap shoot with QBs. The last time a felt a QB was sure fire going to have NFL success was Manning. You could just tell with him. Since then no I have not had that feeling with any QB, and I don't with this class of QBs either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are thirty two teams and if there's a run on QBs, someone will take Trask in the top 20. If Miami decided to take a QB at #3, I'm expecting to see 6 QBs taken before the Patriots at #15 and that pick will be worth it's weight in gold for someone else to move up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are thirty two teams and if there's a run on QBs, someone will take Trask in the top 20. If Miami decided to take a QB at #3, I'm expecting to see 6 QBs taken before the Patriots at #15 and that pick will be worth it's weight in gold for someone else to move up.
I can't see Miami taking a QB at 3 and I cannot see Trask in the top 20 but time will tell

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comment about no particular QB:

The highlight films I'm watching all look like great receivers and bad defense.....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Miami taking a QB at 3 and I cannot see Trask in the top 20 but time will tell

If Miami bails out on Tua after half a season, holy shit. I don't see that happening but who the hell knows I guess.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much always a crap shoot with QBs. The last time a felt a QB was sure fire going to have NFL success was Manning. You could just tell with him. Since then no I have not had that feeling with any QB, and I don't with this class of QBs either.

There's some pretty remarkable catches on that video. Maybe the result of the QB raising the play of his offense?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, if a ball is caught off the monster it may be a single, but likely a double... But do you really think the shit storm that was hernandez was just an out. That ball ricocheted through the dugout popping nearly everyone in the eye.

Mitchell wasn't a foul out when you factor in he was very significant down the stretch, into the playoffs through a super bowl win. Super Bowl wins add 10x value.
Sure...I'll give you that, I don't even like baseball.
I just hate the Yankees.