• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and the NFL Draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us know that the Patriots have to make some serious moves if they are to return even partially, to what they've been for the past twenty years. This thread is to introduce your ideas as to who you think that the ptriots should at least consider or guys you're totally sold on. Let's try to keep it civil.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needs a QB in the absolute worst way. Because of that, I know that BB will not spend a 1st round pick on one. I don't think he'll go after a WR either. If he's available, I think Defensive tackle Christian Barmore would be a guy that Belichick would be very comfortable drafting.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needs a QB in the absolute worst way. Because of that, I know that BB will not spend a 1st round pick on one. I don't think he'll go after a WR either. If he's available, I think Defensive tackle Christian Barmore would be a guy that Belichick would be very comfortable drafting.
I still think if Trey Lance or Mac Jones are there BB takes one. His only other option is to grab a FA Vet if he still thinks Cam is the answer then he might as well go defense because we are gonna need it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if Trey Lance or Mac Jones are there BB takes one. His only other option is to grab a FA Vet if he still thinks Cam is the answer then he might as well go defense because we are gonna need it.

I'm sorry but that's fucking funny.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of 6-3 and 9-6 games?
am is 3 for 17 and then runs to the 30 for a 3 point Folk winning kick? 6-3 Patriots win!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or both.
They have plenty of cap space. get a decent free agent and if a top QB falls to 15 grab him.
Or trade up if a QB falls close.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to depend on you guys for the draft prospects. I never really followed college ball. Everything changes so fast there.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or both.
They have plenty of cap space. get a decent free agent and if a top QB falls to 15 grab him.
Or trade up if a QB falls close.
That would be ideal get a vet that can help the rook with the playbook, how to read defenses, how to work through his progressions. IMO working through progressions is an issue run first QB tend to lack, and part of why I am starting to lean toward Mack

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Mac Jones decision to run straight into traffic to get a first down (while holding a 14 point lead), I was extremely impressed. Great poise and amazing accuracy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Mac Jones decision to run straight into traffic to get a first down (while holding a 14 point lead), I was extremely impressed. Great poise and amazing accuracy.
I'm a little concerned that he may be spending too much time at Popeye's

1610504328925.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of finding a decent vet. Cam is not going to help this team win.
If Lance or Jones are there an NE has them at 15 or higher I take either of them as well.

If not Bill likely trades down again unless he has a super high grade on someone that has dropped?

Would BB take Kyle Pitts from Florida that early? He's projected top 20. AZ picking at 16 would likely snag him? Chi took Kmet last year and have JG and Harris already. Mia has their stud Gesicki. LV has their stud Waller and the WFT has three decent TEs but could Isee them possibly taking him? That rounds out teams picking 15-20.

With BB you just never know. Maybe this year he blows our mind and moves up?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.... he is a frumpy fat fuck aint he?!?!
At least you had the ""GUTS"" to say it out loud.

I think any team that drafts him, is going to put him on a restricted diet. When I came home after my last tour in 'Nam, I weighed in at 205. When I went to Boot Camp I was 74" tall and 166 lb. Jones looks like I did in 1976 after 4 years of easy living and no combat stress. His metabolism is not designed to eat 9 meals a week at fast food restaurants.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you had the ""GUTS"" to say it out loud.

I think any team that drafts him, is going to put him on a restricted diet. When I came home after my last tour in 'Nam, I weighed in at 205. When I went to Boot Camp I was 74" tall and 166 lb. Jones looks like I did in 1976 after 4 years of easy living and no combat stress. His metabolism is not designed to eat 9 meals a week at fast food restaurants.
I agree he will have to lose the gut and his agent may be telling him to get it done before the combine

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to list the top 100 college players entering the 2021 draft. These appear to have been done back in November because Devonae Smith certainly is higher than 16.

1-25

1. QB TREVOR LAWRENCE, CLEMSON

This one ain't changing anytime soon. Lawrence has a 91.5 passing grade through six games and looks even better than the guy we've seen in years past.

2. QB JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE

The accuracy was on full display against Nebraska, as Fields didn't have a single off-target pass on 21 attempts in his first game back.

3. OT PENEI SEWELL, OREGON

We won't see him this fall, but that won't change his evaluation. Sewell graded out better as a 19-year-old last year than guys like Tristan Wirfs and Jedrick Wills Jr., who are dominating already in the NFL.

4. WR JA'MARR CHASE, LSU

What Chase did winning the Biletnikoff award and leading college football in pretty much every conceivable receiving category last season as a true sophomore is enough to solidify his position here on our board. Jaylen Waddle was the only real threat to overtake as WR1, but now his ankle injury means Chase is taking the top spot.

5. LB MICAH PARSONS, PENN STATE

Yet another opt-out who is in no danger of falling anytime soon. Modern athleticism with throwback size is a combination that will be coveted by every single scheme in the NFL.

6. WR JAYLEN WADDLE, ALABAMA

We said going into the season that all we needed to see was his special production on limited snaps translate to a full-time role. After four straight 100-yard games, I'd say he ticked that box. He hauled in six deep catches on seven targets in those four games and should be an elite deep threat in the league.

7. WR RONDALE MOORE, PURDUE

We haven't seen him yet, as Moore was mysteriously out for Purdue's opening-week win. If he's progressed at all from the guy we saw in 2019, he'll stay a top-10 player for us.

8. QB TREY LANCE, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

The absurd showcase game against Central Arkansas really did Lance's stock no favors, as he struggled with his accuracy. However, his combination of arm talent and legit game-breaking running ability maintains his spot in the top 10.

9. TE KYLE PITTS, FLORIDA

With seven touchdowns and 274 yards already through three games, Pitts is on pace for an all-time receiving season at the position. Still more receiver than complete tight end, he's a mismatch at either position.

10. OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD, ALABAMA

Leatherwood has run into trouble at times with his outside hand and has already allowed seven pressures on the season. His combination of feet and length — that he knows how to use — makes me confident he'll figure it out.

11. DI CHRISTIAN BARMORE, ALABAMA

After a knee injury sidelined him early on, Barmore has eased back in with 11 pressures in four games. It hasn't quite been the Quinnen Williams-esque leap some were hoping for, but he's still producing in a full-time role.

12. ED GREGORY ROUSSEAU, MIAMI (FL)

Rousseau's status isn't nearly as set in stone as the opt-outs above him on this list. He's a freak-long lineman who looked much more comfortable on the interior than outside. With only one season of college football, he's more project than a finished product.

13. OT SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS

Texas passes about as much as any team in the country, and Cosmi has already been on the field for 241 pass plays this season. He's only allowed seven pressures and owns the third-best pass-blocking grade among Power Five tackles.

14. CB CALEB FARLEY, VIRGINIA TECH

Farley is getting some competition for his CB1 spot, but as it stands, he's still there on our board. Size, athleticism and production is a combination that makes you feel pretty good about translating to the league.

15. ED KWITY PAYE, MICHIGAN

Yes, it was only one game, but Paye looked like a different player entirely against Minnesota. His 88.4 pass-rushing grade last Saturday was far and away a career-high. With his explosiveness and agility, don't be surprised if he's EDGE1.

16. WR DEVONTA SMITH, ALABAMA

Size be damned, Smith just wins. Whether it's along his routes or at the catch point, Smith finds a way to come down with the ball. He's hauled in 45 passes for 556 yards this season and not dropped ONE SINGLE PASS.

17. CB PATRICK SURTAIN II, ALABAMA

He's yet to allow more than 50 yards in any single game this season. Yes, he got beaten for a touchdown this past week against Tennessee, but he's allowed only 10 catches from 21 targets for 110 yards for the season.

18. QB ZACH WILSON, BYU

The single biggest riser on the draft board. Wilson had an inconsistent and injury-plagued 2019 season but has looked like the best quarterback in college football so far this year. He's earned a 94.0 passing grade, with five of his six games being above 87.0. The competition level isn't great, but he's not missing throws either.

19. ED CARLOS BASHAM, WAKE FOREST

One of the more disappointing players we were high on heading into the season. Basham has only managed a 73.8 pass-rushing grade in five games after a 90.6 a season ago. He's up 10 pounds to 285 pounds this year, and it's not helped his effectiveness.

20. LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, NOTRE DAME

Owusu-Koramoah is cut from the Patrick Queen mold of undersized linebackers that are so explosive it doesn't matter. JOK continues to make plays that others simply can't physically.

21. WR RASHOD BATEMAN, MINNESOTA

He gave a tough Michigan defense the business in his first time out, with over 100 yards. He's taken over Tyler Johnson's slot role, with 44 of his 62 snaps coming there.

22. CB SHAUN WADE, OHIO STATE

Early returns on the outside were solid for Wade as he allowed two catches from three targets for 10 yards with a pass breakup. However, we're going to need to see more than just one game against Nebraska to get on board fully with him outside.

23. WR AMON-RA ST. BROWN, USC

Status quo here for Amon-Ra. He'll be in line for far more targets this season with Michael Pittman's 100-plus gone to the NFL.

24. IOL WYATT DAVIS, OHIO STATE

Davis had to shake the rust off a little bit in Week 1 after initially opting out. He allowed two pressures against Nebraska, although both came on stunts.

25. LB NICK BOLTON, MISSOURI

Bolton has picked up where he left off, stuffing stat sheets for Missouri's defense. He's already got 18 stops and seven pressures in four games.