• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said if Mac Jones is there at 24 we have to take him. I keep being more and more impressed.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well adding Alualu puts us back at 4 defensive starters lost... LOLB, ILB, CB2, and SCB.

Highsmith plugs the LOLB spot.
Sutton plugs a hole for 1/2 DB positions until proven otherwise.
Spillane plugs the ILB hole until proven otherwise.

If Pierre proves himself again they may very well have the pieces they need for all the starters they lost. But the depth is very concerning.

OLB... Who backs up Watt & Highsmith? Cassius Marsh? lol

ILB... Allen & UG3 are the main backups to Bush & Spilly right now. They signed Killebrew, but considering the injury history for this group I think they need more talent.

CB... Pierre & Layne are the backups, and 1 of those guys is a starter right now if they don't find someone.

S... Allen & Killebrew could play there, but they are more viewed as Big Nickel Slot LBers. Brooks Jr & Battle are the only 2 listed as true safeties on the roster behind Fitzpatrick & Edmunds.
The depth is concerning, for sure. That is about the best case scenario though compared to what I was expecting going into this offseason.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth is concerning, for sure. That is about the best case scenario though compared to what I was expecting going into this offseason.
I apparently need coffee since I meant ROLB... Muh bad.

Agreed. Just a few weeks ago I was pretty gloomy about this season. Still somewhat pessimistic thinkin we may be lookin at a 8 or 9 win season unless Colbert, Matt Canada & Ben turn things around.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me right now:

R1: Zaven Collins, LB / Javonte Williams, RB (Trade back)
R2: Dillon Radunz, OT / Pat Freiermunth, TE
R3: Quinn Meinerz, OC / Tre McKitty, TE / Hamsah Nasirildeen, S

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apparently need coffee since I meant ROLB... Muh bad.

Agreed. Just a few weeks ago I was pretty gloomy about this season. Still somewhat pessimistic thinkin we may be lookin at a 8 or 9 win season unless Colbert, Matt Canada & Ben turn things around.
I'm worried that not enough will change. I still think Ben has plenty in the tank. Enough so that I'm not entirely sure this will be his last year (I'm an admitted fanboy though so I could be delusional). I worry about the offensive line still and the running game. I think the passing game should be fixable. And I think the defense might fall short of dominant but should still be formidable.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me right now:

R1: Zaven Collins, LB / Javonte Williams, RB (Trade back)
R2: Dillon Radunz, OT / Pat Freiermunth, TE
R3: Quinn Meinerz, OC / Tre McKitty, TE / Hamsah Nasirildeen, S
You want an ILB or RB with our first pick? I don't have an issue with Spillane and Bush. I wouldn't mind adding depth but with how deep the ILB group is this year I'd much rather look at that in the 3-5 round range. Zaven Collins might be my favorite LB in this class though so it's not like I would cry a river.

Same with Williams. Probably my favorite back in this class. But unlike the LB class I see 3 RB that I really like and I think all will be gone before we pick in the second. That's either a trade back in the first or trade up in the second. If they wait longer... I like Rountree, Stevenson, and Herbert. But not that much. They seem like roll players to me. 4-6 rounders.

I've become a really big fan of this QB class. If any of the top five fall I think the Steelers have to jump on it. I really don't think they will though. I think they will all be gone in the top 15 picks.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want an ILB or RB with our first pick? I don't have an issue with Spillane and Bush. I wouldn't mind adding depth but with how deep the ILB group is this year I'd much rather look at that in the 3-5 round range. Zaven Collins might be my favorite LB in this class though so it's not like I would cry a river.

Same with Williams. Probably my favorite back in this class. But unlike the LB class I see 3 RB that I really like and I think all will be gone before we pick in the second. That's either a trade back in the first or trade up in the second. If they wait longer... I like Rountree, Stevenson, and Herbert. But not that much. They seem like roll players to me. 4-6 rounders.

I've become a really big fan of this QB class. If any of the top five fall I think the Steelers have to jump on it. I really don't think they will though. I think they will all be gone in the top 15 picks.
Zaven, absolutely. Also he can play inside or outside in the 3-4.

Williams in a significant tradeback to 31 or later. And I think they are intent on a top RB, so if they are going to do it, this is the way I want them to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if the top 5 picks are all QB.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Zaven is long gone in the top 10 when the draft actually happens. But if he's there, he's the pick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomlin, Colbert and Klemm all at Ohio State

Josh Myers, Wyatt Davis, Trey Sermon

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a body. And not a very good one, IMO.
That makes 5 "not very good" bodies in the RB room...

1. McFarland... highest upside, and likely to take over as the season progresses if they don't draft someone high
2. Snell... I think we've seen glimpses of what he can be, but it requires a good O-line to unlock that potential.
3. Samuels... Not sure how he has lasted this long.
4. T Edmunds... See Samuels.
5. Ballage... Another bruiser. 6'2", 231 lbs.

They've got a plethora of big bruisers that don't bring much agility to the table.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read into this since the casuals are going crazy over it. But I think Tomlin has his sights set on Wyatt Davis or Trey Sermon.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballage.Historically bad. Maybe something clicks.

I know fields has issues. But everyone is down on him. If he slides, im really warming to that.

lots of darnold chatter.

trey sermon actually makes sense for us....he fits.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read into this since the casuals are going crazy over it. But I think Tomlin has his sights set on Wyatt Davis or Trey Sermon.

Not really a fan of Sermon other than a piece of a committee. Does everything "well" but there is absolutely nothing special about his game. Seems like he would be a lot like the guys we already have.