• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the season isn't completely dead but we can certainly start looking forward as this season is rapidly becoming lost, if not already.

Let's take a look at the upcoming draft shall we?

As of right now the Steelers have 5 picks, and a possible 6th if they recoup their compensatory pick for losing Lev Bell. I'm not entirely sure how that works since LJ Fort was cut & resigned by another team. But they may need to cut Donte Moncrief before week 10. Should be a no-brainer decision.

Their current picks (as it stands right now they are 5th):

Rd 2, pick 37
Rd 3, comp
Rd 4, pick 101
Rd 4, pick 118
Rd 6, pick 164
Rd 7, pick 196

Now let's talk needs!

Possible noteworthy losses: Hargrave, Hilton, Dupree, Davis, McDonald (club option), Vannett, Finney, Feiler, Banner

Here's my quick list of needs (accounting for some predicted losses):

Tier 1:
WR... Need a playmaker, or simply just depth. Debatable. JuJu should be extended.
DT... Losing Hargrave will hurt. McCullers & Buggs?
EDGE... Dupree should be gone. Ola could be the placeholder or better. Need to see more. Chick? No thanks.
O-LINE... Lot of pieces in play this offseason. Starting 5 are aging. Feiler is upgradeable.
TE... Vannett & McDonald... 1 will likely go. McDonald just isn't reliable. Gentry ain't it folks.

Tier 2:
S... Davis should only be brought back on the cheap. Dangerfield & Kelly are cheaper options, but upgradeable.
LB... Barron worth keeping? IDT so. Vince is upgradeable. UG3 should take Red's job next year.
QB... Lots to shake out here before I think its a necessary piece. But I doubt they look to the draft for it if they deem it necessary.
RB... Conner worth an extension? I think so, but it better not cost a top 10 contract at the position.

Obviously subject to change! A lot of this will be solved via extensions and FA.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly potential for massive shakeups on the team this offseason.

Some that need to go, others that will be sad to see go.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not done trading draft picks to salvage the season.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not done trading draft picks to salvage the season.....
The only trade I want right now is Tomlin to the Skins. That could be revolutionary.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the season isn't completely dead but we can certainly start looking forward as this season is rapidly becoming lost, if not already.

Let's take a look at the upcoming draft shall we?

As of right now the Steelers have 5 picks, and a possible 6th if they recoup their compensatory pick for losing Lev Bell. I'm not entirely sure how that works since LJ Fort was cut & resigned by another team. But they may need to cut Donte Moncrief before week 10. Should be a no-brainer decision.

Their current picks (as it stands right now they are 5th):

Rd 2, pick 37
Rd 3, comp
Rd 4, pick 101
Rd 4, pick 118
Rd 6, pick 164
Rd 7, pick 196

Now let's talk needs!

Possible noteworthy losses: Hargrave, Hilton, Dupree, Davis, McDonald (club option), Vannett, Finney, Feiler, Banner

Here's my quick list of needs (accounting for some predicted losses):

Tier 1:
WR... Need a playmaker, or simply just depth. Debatable. JuJu should be extended.
DT... Losing Hargrave will hurt. McCullers & Buggs?
EDGE... Dupree should be gone. Ola could be the placeholder or better. Need to see more. Chick? No thanks.
O-LINE... Lot of pieces in play this offseason. Starting 5 are aging. Feiler is upgradeable.
TE... Vannett & McDonald... 1 will likely go. McDonald just isn't reliable. Gentry ain't it folks.

Tier 2:
S... Davis should only be brought back on the cheap. Dangerfield & Kelly are cheaper options, but upgradeable.
LB... Barron worth keeping? IDT so. Vince is upgradeable. UG3 should take Red's job next year.
QB... Lots to shake out here before I think its a necessary piece. But I doubt they look to the draft for it if they deem it necessary.
RB... Conner worth an extension? I think so, but it better not cost a top 10 contract at the position.

Obviously subject to change! A lot of this will be solved via extensions and FA.

If they are indeed 5th overall...(I'm still fine with Minkah as the 1st draft pick of 2020) then the 2nd rounder will be almost like a late at 37th.

Maybe that moves closer to a top 10 pick as the season goes along, but I do agree it's not too early to get a grip on the 2020.

1st off, with AB's dead money rolling off, we need to see where the cap is going to be.

In terms of the notable Steeler FAs to be.

Shazier...I'm not sure what happens here, but I know he's a Steeler for life
McDonald...let go just not on the field enough, I would aim high in the draft for a TE
Finney... imo the FO wanted Finney to take over the LG spot LY, but Ben convinced them to keep Foster. I think they let him go for Fred Johnson.
Burns...let go
Sean Davis...let go
Dupree...let go
Hilton...let go, I see Sutton taking over the slot full-time
Hargrave...let go...personally, I would extend the big guy and shift to a 4-3...Watt and Heyward at DE, Tuitt and Hargrave at DT, Ola is the 3rd down edge guy.
Feiler...let go...I think they will put Banner or Chuks in there.
Matakevich...let go UG3 takes over
Kelly...retain cheap

Reality.

Edge...Dupree is on track to do more or less what we projected. He won't be back unless it's a team friendly deal. I can see them looking at a FA here, but not a stud.

NT...I think Hargrave does leave next yr. Buggs is not a NT so it would be McCullers or the draft to replace him...maybe the draft.

OL...I don't think they want to pay Feiler starter money so he gets it on the FA market. Foster is playing well enough to finish out his 2nd/final yr so I think Fred Johnson is being groomed for that job going forward.

TE/WR...I expect this to be a high draft choice. Moncrief has been a bust, Holton is the only other WR with size.

QB...they feel they have Ben coming back for '20...maybe he holds up for the balance of the contract. I don't think they will make a big move here....

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Gruden trade, from the dumbest fucking Owner in the league. One that could possibly be a top 3, maybe even first overall pick in this draft.

Ehermagherd.

Two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks, plus 8 million cash.

Most of us want him gone anyway. To get a return is just ridiculous.

This would make me so much happier than the Minkah trade.

Roll with Randy as interim HC for the season, then go shopping.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Gruden trade, from the dumbest fucking Owner in the league. One that could possibly be a top 3, maybe even first overall pick in this draft.

Ehermagherd.

Two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks, plus 8 million cash.

Most of us want him gone anyway. To get a return is just ridiculous.

This would make me so much happier than the Minkah trade.

Roll with Randy as interim HC for the season, then go shopping.

If this were the offseason...I could see this happening maybe...Tomlin goes back to his neck of the woods and starts over with a pile of money to be the next HC to fail in WAS.

As it stands...mid season I don't see anything happening.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were the offseason...I could see this happening maybe...Tomlin goes back to his neck of the woods and starts over with a pile of money to be the next HC to fail in WAS.

As it stands...mid season I don't see anything happening.
We're 1 and 4 and playing our third string rookie undrafted QB.

It's the offseason.

Tomlin should be happy to bite at Snyder's $100 million contract offer. Not like he'll get that here. He'll be lucky if he isn't fired this offseason.

If a Gruden offer comes in NOW, and Pitt is thinking they want to move on anyway, you jump at that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 1 and 4 and playing our third string rookie undrafted QB.

It's the offseason.

Tomlin should be happy to bite at Snyder's $100 million contract offer. Not like he'll get that here. He'll be lucky if he isn't fired this offseason.

If a Gruden offer comes in NOW, and Pitt is thinking they want to move on anyway, you jump at that.

Not the offseason yet, but I feel ya. Yes, I would make this move if I'm Rooney.

If Tomlin is motivated by cash, you would think he would jump at it, but he's not getting fired from PIT this season...when has a coach's contract actually been terminated in PIT?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the offseason yet, but I feel ya. Yes, I would make this move if I'm Rooney.

If Tomlin is motivated by cash, you would think he would jump at it, but he's not getting fired from PIT this season...when has a coach's contract actually been terminated in PIT?
The Steelers have prematurely retired coaches without their prior knowledge already.

Tomlin would get cash, and back to his home turf, and where his kid is going to college. So there is that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have prematurely retired coaches without their prior knowledge already.

Tomlin would get cash, and back to his home turf, and where his kid is going to college. So there is that.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least to see that happen.

I don't recall any coaches getting fired recently though...to my knowledge, they either left on their own (Carnell Lake) or their contract was not renewed...LeBeau, Arians, Haley, etc...none were technically fired.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is shazier ,on a roster spot or what exactly is he? They should transition him and hire him as a coach, keeps his health, hes very helpful in that role as is. He is not coming back to play football. But i guess if they can finagle it, thats his goal, and it gives him hope.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is shazier ,on a roster spot or what exactly is he? They should transition him and hire him as a coach, keeps his health, hes very helpful in that role as is. He is not coming back to play football. But i guess if they can finagle it, thats his goal, and it gives him hope.
He's on IR.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on IR.
Have to point out that, in accordance to the PUP designation every year, his contract tolls at a league minimum (for as long as the Steelers keep renewing it)... Thanks in large part to the FO restructuring the bulk of his rookie contract into a bonus, which minimized his base salary to a league minimum. Omar Khan is a damn genius.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder's jet was in Pittsburgh today.

N1924D Live Flight Tracking and History (G150 owned by N995DP LLC) ✈ 08-Oct-2019 ✈ KILG - KPIT ✈ FlightAware

https://i.imgur. com/MU6uGPx. mp4

Close the link. I cant. Otherwise it loads wrong.
fnpynzcbibs21.gif