• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones looked terrible at yesterday's Alabama Pro Day. FWIW.
He has good film, but I still don't understand the hype about him. For chrissake he's being talked about as high as #3 overall to the 49ers. I've never been impressed with him. To me he seems like just a smart quarterback with a limited ceiling.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has good film, but I still don't understand the hype about him. For chrissake he's being talked about as high as #3 overall to the 49ers. I've never been impressed with him. To me he seems like just a smart quarterback with a limited ceiling.
You could be right.

Quarterback is the hardest position to translate. It almost doesn't matter what the tape says or what the measurables are. Seems like it's still a dice roll on whether or not they can be special at the next level.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right.

Quarterback is the hardest position to translate. It almost doesn't matter what the tape says or what the measurables are. Seems like it's still a dice roll on whether or not they can be special at the next level.
It's the hardest position to draft for. Toughest part is drafting a QB that is the right "fit". Taking the best QB available and forcing him into a shit scheme with a poor coaching staff is never going to turn a bad franchise around. There's just too many factors that have to work together cohesively to give a QB the fighting chance he needs. Most teams searching for their franchise QB often try to do so with a new offensive-minded coach in place. But its still a crapshoot, mostly because teams fail to build a good enough OL and rather focus on surrounding the QB with playmaker talent at skill positions.

I could be very wrong about him. But IMO Mac Jones will need a Sean-Payton type offense to thrive in the NFL. An offense centered around a balanced attack with a passing scheme that focuses on efficiency vs explosiveness. Drew Brees became a HOFer based on the short to intermediate window. Mac Jones is an accurate passer with a great cerebral game and would do well in a similar role. He just doesn't strike me as the type of QB that could carry an offense to a win.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the hardest position to draft for. Toughest part is drafting a QB that is the right "fit". Taking the best QB available and forcing him into a shit scheme with a poor coaching staff is never going to turn a bad franchise around. There's just too many factors that have to work together cohesively to give a QB the fighting chance he needs. Most teams searching for their franchise QB often try to do so with a new offensive-minded coach in place. But its still a crapshoot, mostly because teams fail to build a good enough OL and rather focus on surrounding the QB with playmaker talent at skill positions.

I could be very wrong about him. But IMO Mac Jones will need a Sean-Payton type offense to thrive in the NFL. An offense centered around a balanced attack with a passing scheme that focuses on efficiency vs explosiveness. Drew Brees became a HOFer based on the short to intermediate window. Mac Jones is an accurate passer with a great cerebral game and would do well in a similar role. He just doesn't strike me as the type of QB that could carry an offense to a win.
Well said man.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW. The Steelers should just let me draft for them. I just scored Christian Darrisaw, Javonte Williams, and Quinn Meinerz in the first three rounds of the PFN Mock Sim.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW. The Steelers should just let me draft for them. I just scored Christian Darrisaw, Javonte Williams, and Quinn Meinerz in the first three rounds of the PFN Mock Sim.
I'd be over the moon with a draft like that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin and Colbert at Notre Dame.

Liam Eichenberg, OT

Aaron Brooks, OG

Robert Hainsey, OG/OC

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB (I think he's too small to pair with Bush)

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold sold for a 6th this year, a 2nd and 4th next year. Seems like fair compensation. Wonder if the Steelers made a run.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold sold for a 6th this year, a 2nd and 4th next year. Seems like fair compensation. Wonder if the Steelers made a run.
I wouldn't pay that much for his 2nd chance. Especially that plus what his 5th year option costs, 18.8 Million.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... I'm ok passing on that. A little richer than what I was thinking.

But I reserve the right to pull a 180 on that sentiment if Ben gets hurt this year lol.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... I'm ok passing on that. A little richer than what I was thinking.

But I reserve the right to pull a 180 on that sentiment if Ben gets hurt this year lol.
If Ben gets hurt this year, then they lose more games, and get in a position to draft a top QB next year.

And maybe they need that 2nd and 4th in 2022 to package to move up to make sure they get their guy.

I don't see Mason, Darnold or Haskins salvaging a run this coming season, if thrown to the fire.

Big Brain Thinking.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben gets hurt this year, then they lose more games, and get in a position to draft a top QB next year.

And maybe they need that 2nd and 4th in 2022 to package to move up to make sure they get their guy.

I don't see Mason, Darnold or Haskins salvaging a run this coming season, if thrown to the fire.

Big Brain Thinking.
Agreed. Mason and/or Haskins gives them a better chance at a higher draft pick in that scenario.

Just out of curiosity... Who are the top QBs for next year's class?

Spencer Rattler - Oklahoma
Sam Howell - North Carolina

JT Daniels - Georgia
Kedon Slovis - USC
Tyler Shough - Texas Tech

Honestly haven't watched any of these guys so I'm curious who we should be keeping an eye on?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay that much for his 2nd chance. Especially that plus what his 5th year option costs, 18.8 Million.
I think it looks about right. It's not so cheap that you are shaking fists at empty skies and wishing your team made that move.

Any deal that would have brought Darnold here would have required him to take a pay cut.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Mason and/or Haskins gives them a better chance at a higher draft pick in that scenario.

JT Daniels - Georgia
Kedon Slovis - USC

Honestly haven't watched any of these guys so I'm curious who we should be keeping an eye on?
I'm with you. I have no idea. I don't really start looking at that class until the season is under way.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. I have no idea. I don't really start looking at that class until the season is under way.
I watched some highlights of an Oklahoma game last year and I remember thinkin that Rattler kid had a high ceiling. Another Lincoln Riley disciple with a similar talent ceiling of Kyler Murray. He's a much better out-of-structure performer though. Kid is excellent on the move and performs really well under pressure. He should translate really well into the NFL, and will more than likely be a top 5-10 pick.

Outside of Rattler I think I have only seen 2 others play (Howell & Shough). Howell looks like a Baker Mayfield clone. He's more erratic when under pressure and makes some bad decisions. Which is another reason why he reminds me so much of Mayfield. I don't remember being blown away by Shough, but he had good arm talent.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JT Daniels - Georgia
Kedon Slovis - USC

Right now Howell and Slovis.

But having an actual, full College Football season will end up shaking that up a lot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in the minority here. Ive touted kellen mond at times elsewhere. I really would like to get gim. Think hes going round 2. Hes getting late hype.

He had an interview on the fan yesterday. Stellar interview.

this is assuming they are drafting ine anyways.

but i dont think we draft one.