• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB market starting to thin out. Jamal Williams & Malcom Brown are signed... Chris Carson, Kenyan Drake, Mike Davis, James Conner, Duke Johnson Jr, James White & Marlon Mack still out there.
Darn i wanted williams...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb here... Extension incoming?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Juju... Or both? Timing seems funky with the Williams release. It's like they are actively trying to free up money, which is usually done BEFORE FA starts if they planned on pursuing someone.

But this year is different in many ways. Seeing how depressed the market is, maybe they just wanted to wait & see if someone's value dropped because of that and if they came within reach they would make it happen.

I'm guessing V-Will was asked to take a paycut/restructure and he refused so they released him. Spillane is younger, faster & plays better in coverage, but is hardly the leader & defensive coordinator that V-Will was. Spillane will have big shoes to fill, if they don't just draft for the position now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Juju... Or both? Timing seems funky with the Williams release. It's like they are actively trying to free up money, which is usually done BEFORE FA starts if they planned on pursuing someone.

But this year is different in many ways. Seeing how depressed the market is, maybe they just wanted to wait & see if someone's value dropped because of that and if they came within reach they would make it happen.

I'm guessing V-Will was asked to take a paycut/restructure and he refused so they released him. Spillane is younger, faster & plays better in coverage, but is hardly the leader & defensive coordinator that V-Will was. Spillane will have big shoes to fill, if they don't just draft for the position now.
Don't have too much of a shock face if they draft an ILB at 24.

Zaven Collins is probably one of the more likely targets they are looking at.

Maybe even J O-K.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have too much of a shock face if they draft an ILB at 24.
Yep... Seeing 4 starters set sail this offseason I'm starting to think we are goin all in on retooling the defense lol. Can't wait to see what sort of rag-tag group of O-lineman they use next year.

LT: Chuks?
LG: Dotson
C: Finney/JCH
RG: DeCastro
RT: Banner

Yeesh. With how deep the OL class is this year they may find someone that could start in the 2nd or 3rd Rd... So there's still hope they can patch it up. But there is no way in 5 picks and <$6M in cap they can find two starting OLs, a starting RB, starting DT, starting ILB, and depth at almost every position. As you said, they are cut down to the bone right now and still not enough cap room to make up enough ground this offseason to patch up all these holes. Are they prepping for a 2022 rebuild? I know the cap space next offseason is awesome, but they only have like half of the team under contract lol.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pain, followed by pain. And a pain nightcap.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the Steelers are doing? Bringing Ben back says "make another run". Everything else they've done says "burn that fucker down and start over".

Alualu & Hilton are gonna hurt. Those guys were the unsung heroes of this defense. Remove them, and it's just not the same. Vince might be able to be added to that list as well.

Guys on the radio were predicting that JuJu would sign somewhere today.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have zero clues

I'm not sure what the Steelers are doing? Bringing Ben back says "make another run". Everything else they've done says "burn that fucker down and start over".

Alualu & Hilton are gonna hurt. Those guys were the unsung heroes of this defense. Remove them, and it's just not the same. Vince might be able to be added to that list as well.

Guys on the radio were predicting that JuJu would sign somewhere today.
may just be those guys wanted to move on or the funds weren't there.........who knows.......

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colbert AND Tomlin at Georgia.

Remember, when they both go, it's very significant. So far it's Georgia and Clemson.

IOL Trey Hill.
OLB Azeez Ojulari
TE Tre McKitty
DL Malik Herring
ILB Monty Rice
CB Tyson Campbell

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colbert AND Tomlin at Georgia.

Remember, when they both go, it's very significant. So far it's Georgia and Clemson.

IOL Trey Hill.
OLB Azeez Ojulari
TE Tre McKitty
DL Malik Herring
ILB Monty Rice
CB Tyson Campbell
I like Ojulari alot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still floored by cutting Vince...

I mean FFS they could have saved MORE cap room by cutting a worthless pile like Eric Ebron...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY is a bigger market, but it's got a losing culture.

JuJu needs to realize while he might not get as big of a contract from the Steelers right now, no one is going to pay him last year's market money that he wants. And staying here lets him continue to capitalize on a built-in brand. In NY, he'll just be another guy on a disappointing team.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colbert, Tomlin and Hilliard all at Auburn.
No first-rounders there, though. Just mid-rounders.

Tony Schwartz
KJ Britt

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colbert, Tomlin and Hilliard all at Auburn.
No first-rounders there, though. Just mid-rounders.

Tony Schwartz
KJ Britt
Seems like they have little intention to make another offer to Juju.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m honestly surprised the Steelers haven’t re-signed Avery Williamson.