• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rosterbation

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. He just hasn't been the same since going to Tampa. Did you see that Lucius Fox got his contract purchased? He's yet to have a breakout year in the minors but is still really young for the leagues he's played in.

Part of the reason Duffy was DFA'd, they have too many infielders and not enough spots. Fox needed to be protected.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Kruk today, Duffy can play seven positions....FZ might like that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he also bats right handed. FZ is on record that he wants a left handed bat for the infield.
Is Joe Panik available? :heh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to Kruk...dude still has speed to play CF
Kruk is the most positive person on the face of the planet. I tend to roll my eyes when he predicts massive success for anyone.

he predicted Heston would be a Giants rotation mainstay for 6+ years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir Bam Bam goes back to New York. He signed on to be China Doll’s bench coach.

Reactions: LHG

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... the Chicago White Sox have placed Gold Glove second baseman Yolmer Sanchez on outright waivers.

This is exactly the sort of dude FZ picks up : not-too-old, multi-this, multi-that. Switch-hitting 3B/2B. Oh, boy : versatility!

(It's a shame he doesn't hit or run.) This is a minor-league *signing* that will happen if nobody grabs him off of waivers. (Nobody is stupid enough to pick him and his $4M salary off waivers, are they?)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... the Chicago White Sox have placed Gold Glove second baseman Yolmer Sanchez on outright waivers.

This is exactly the sort of dude FZ picks up : not-too-old, multi-this, multi-that. Switch-hitting 3B/2B. Oh, boy : versatility!

(It's a shame he doesn't hit or run.) This is a minor-league *signing* that will happen if nobody grabs him off of waivers. (Nobody is stupid enough to pick him and his $4M salary off waivers, are they?)
I guess we find out in the next few days.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Giants could non-tender as many as 3 guys: Tyler Anderson, Kevin Pillar and Joey Rickard.

I am perfectly fine with a non-tender to Rickard. Not sure why he's been carried this long. He didn't really show anything with the Giants and he's had plenty of chances in Baltimore to prove himself.
Anderson would be a bit puzzling because he was only picked up a month ago but I know that FZ's transaction game is strong. He could try to non-tender him and then sign him to a minor league deal for depth purposes.
I don't know how I feel about Pillar possibly being non-tendered. He looked somewhat better on offense than I expected but his defense is slipping. I'd hope Duggar gets one more shot in center but I don't know if he'll be ready in 2020. Not much available in the free agent market for center field.
I could see a number of other guys who are possibilities for non-tender. Anyone not signed through a long term deal or in arbitration have to be tendered a contract by next Monday. There are some other guys who could be jettisoned through this method.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will probably get dibs before the Giants, but I would very much approve of this: Orioles Reportedly Place Jonathan Villar On Waivers

Personally, I'd rather the Giants stick with Dubon @ minimum pay (and 5 years of control) than jump on Villar (@ $10M and one year of control). Last year was one of Villar's best, with some pretty bad ones mixed in.

I just don't think that the Giants are going to win a championship in 2020, and it is more important to stitch together a decent core for several years than it is to sign a few people who will be pretty good ... for only one year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd rather the Giants stick with Dubon @ minimum pay (and 5 years of control) than jump on Villar (@ $10M and one year of control). Last year was one of Villar's best, with some pretty bad ones mixed in.

I just don't think that the Giants are going to win a championship in 2020, and it is more important to stitch together a decent core for several years than it is to sign a few people who will be pretty good ... for only one year.

Don't have to be competing for a championship to acquire talent.

Dubon and Villar both can play multiple positions, neither will be relegated to full-time bench duties. It's more Solano who would lose out, and I would rather have Villar than Solano.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they aren't 'acquiring' talent, they are renting it - for one year. Pass.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they aren't 'acquiring' talent, they are renting it - for one year. Pass.

I mean sure but you can always bring him back. If they were trading for him, yeah I'd pass, but I don't see why you wouldn't want to put in a claim.

$10m for the Giants is chump change (although I guess with the Pillar news, maybe not).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty surprising, tbh. I don't think this is going to sit well with some of the vets in the clubhouse.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the FLUCK is FZ claiming guys off the waiver wire after the end of the season, and then non-tendering them a month later? (Tyler Anderson, Rico Garcia)