• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Buy Or Sell: Steelers Can't Afford To Pay Javon Hargrave What He's Worth - Steelers Depot

Kinda sad but true. It probably won't bother @SteelersPride much, but this could be the last yr as a Steeler for Hargrave. He wants 43 DT money I'm guessing and as a 34 NT there are not enough snaps to justify it.

Unfortunately, I did see this coming.

What really could potentially suck...there are two 4-3 base teams in the DIV (CLE and CIN) and both will have ample cap space should they want to pick up a pass rushing DT in FA next yr.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Buy Or Sell: Steelers Can't Afford To Pay Javon Hargrave What He's Worth - Steelers Depot

Kinda sad but true. It probably won't bother @SteelersPride much, but this could be the last yr as a Steeler for Hargrave. He wants 43 DT money I'm guessing and as a 34 NT there are not enough snaps to justify it.

What really could potentially suck...there are two 4-3 base teams in the DIV (CLE and CIN) and both will have ample cap space should they want to pick up a pass rushing DT in FA next yr.
Yeah they were just talking about this. Could lose some big names soon

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they were just talking about this. Could lose some big names soon

Possibly...hearing rumblings of an extension for Haden (since he's tweaked something and being held out, I think the team wants to see him out there before it's official)

I don't expect Sean Davis, Dupree, or Hargrave back unless it's a team friendly deal. All will be FAs and team friendly and FA don't live on the same planet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly...hearing rumblings of an extension for Haden (since he's tweaked something and being held out, I think the team wants to see him out there before it's official)

I don't expect Sean Davis, Dupree, or Hargrave back unless it's a team friendly deal. All will be FAs and team friendly and FA don't live on the same planet.
Yeah I just see a real transition period coming

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Agreed. He’s worth more to a team playing 4-3. I always forget the snap percentage but Hargrave was only on the field around 40-50%, maybe even as high as 60%. Still not going to be enough to pull top dollar from this team. He’ll get paid elsewhere.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ive said before Tomlin has his flaws, all coaches do. Hes never had a losing season, EVER. Hes barely regarded as a top ten coach. Hes a "players" coach. He let things get out of control.........blah blah........yet he managed AB, Bell, Marty B.......hmmm

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll never glorify the circus ringleader... like I said in the other thread, that’s like saying you support a teacher not teaching your child anything so long as it keeps him in school.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll never glorify the circus ringleader... like I said in the other thread, that’s like saying you support a teacher not teaching your child anything so long as it keeps him in school.
and like i just said there, his job is to win game, keep shit together, not teach life lessons.

If you could make your boss alot of money, but u were crazy, he'd try and keep u under wraps, as long as things went well. When things downturned, and you werent working out anymore, he'd let you go. but he did manage to squeeze out the greatest start to a WR career in NFL history...........before cutting ties

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like i just said there, his job is to win game, keep shit together, not teach life lessons.

If you could make your boss alot of money, but u were crazy, he'd try and keep u under wraps, as long as things went well. When things downturned, and you werent working out anymore, he'd let you go. but he did manage to squeeze out the greatest start to a WR career in NFL history...........before cutting ties
I’d take non-poisonous lockerroom with a better team mentality than to promote a guy that only cares about self accolades. W’s are meaningless without the trophy, which is the primary goal every year. If you want to touch yourself to shiny stat books then go ahead, but I’m not going to support the “team” mentality that tomlin fostered.

FWIW I think AB kept himself relatively in check because of his personal hunger for glory. Once he reached the status he craved he grew out of control. I don’t think Tomlin had much of anything to do with keeping him under wraps.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take non-poisonous lockerroom with a better team mentality than to promote a guy that only cares about self accolades. W’s are meaningless without the trophy, which is the primary goal every year. If you want to touch yourself to shiny stat books then go ahead, but I’m not going to support the “team” mentality that tomlin fostered.

FWIW I think AB kept himself relatively in check because of his personal hunger for glory. Once he reached the status he craved he grew out of control. I don’t think Tomlin had much of anything to do with keeping him under wraps.

No point having this convo two places:suds:.

But how r u so sure we would of been better without him all those years? That we would of win more?

Again, if they felt the team Was better with ab. I’m sure that’s y they did it. Once ab lost the locker room. Then yeh. He was gone. Which essentially is when u started hearing things.

Truth is neither of us know what happened behind those doors.

Blame Tomlin? Blame ab? Blame Colbert? Blame Rooney? Blame them
All.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point having this convo two places:suds:.

But how r u so sure we would of been better without him all those years? That we would of win more?

Again, if they felt the team Was better with ab. I’m sure that’s y they did it. Once ab lost the locker room. Then yeh. He was gone. Which essentially is when u started hearing things.

Truth is neither of us know what happened behind those doors.

Blame Tomlin? Blame ab? Blame Colbert? Blame Rooney? Blame them
All.....
Fair enough. No way of knowing for sure other than just seeing the evidence of the aftermath and wondering how things could or should have been handled differently. It’s a good point that no matter how anyone would have handled the situation AB would have eventually ended up here. But I also believe that AB never would have reached his superstar status without the Steelers. Without Pittsburgh he would have just been another Chad Johnson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. No way of knowing for sure other than just seeing the evidence of the aftermath and wondering how things could or should have been handled differently. It’s a good point that no matter how anyone would have handled the situation AB would have eventually ended up here. But I also believe that AB never would have reached his superstar status without the Steelers. Without Pittsburgh he would have just been another Chad Johnson.
i totally agree. :suds:. IM just throwing an alternative view out there that some nfl prognosticators are taking as well. Tomlin may have well been a fn genius. Hes flawed. But he held that together, and POSSIBLY/MAY HAVE given us the best chance to win, when no one else could contain that head case. Also never had a losing season, i mean look at guys like sean payton, harbaugh, really any coach besides hoody. Their teams have flaws, they have LOSING seasons, they dont win every playoff game, they arent winning ten superbowls. THey struggle to develop certain positions.........

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree. :suds:. IM just throwing an alternative view out there that some nfl prognosticators are taking as well. Tomlin may have well been a fn genius. Hes flawed. But he held that together, and POSSIBLY/MAY HAVE given us the best chance to win, when no one else could contain that head case. Also never had a losing season, i mean look at guys like sean payton, harbaugh, really any coach besides hoody. Their teams have flaws, they have LOSING seasons, they dont win every playoff game, they arent winning ten superbowls. THey struggle to develop certain positions.........
I’ll welcome a plate of crow if I’m wrong but for now I’m not going to dim the light on all of Tomlin’s wrongdoings in light of Oakland's fiasco.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they got a taker for Dobbs in the Jags for a 5th round pick.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuzar Skipper got taken by NY.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuzar Skipper got taken by NY.
Yep fully expected him to be lost. Why they let him go is beyond me and why they need 3 QB's on the active roster I don't understand either......IE..they just resigned Devlin Hodges.