• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After they decided to cut ties with RJ Prince that left a PS void for the inside OL position. Not familiar with Hassenauer, but he may have won that position by default unless Derwin Gray can play well inside.

I'm not either...he's been in a camp or two and didn't stick, but the AAF (or what ever they called that league) he turned some heads. At least right now, they seem to be looking at Gray as a G...whereas Hassenauer has some game experience a C and they are working him at G as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't agree with his TE sentiments. Nobody felt like James ever came close to Heath Miller, nor do we treat it like we lost a talent with Miller's caliber. Sure they "filled the void", but this guy is completely ignoring the fact that Vance McDonald hasn't played a full 16-game season even once in his career. James & McDonald were viewed as a 1-2 punch, both capable of being a great receiving option and filling in the trenches. Grimble has yet to prove he is a capable blocker so I don't understand why he dismisses that so easily. And just because both James & Gentry were 5th Rd picks doesn't mean you'll get the same level of play. To think that either Grimble or Gentry can step in day 1 as a plug & play piece within this scheme is a farce.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't agree with his TE sentiments. Nobody felt like James ever came close to Heath Miller, nor do we treat it like we lost a talent with Miller's caliber. Sure they "filled the void", but this guy is completely ignoring the fact that Vance McDonald hasn't played a full 16-game season even once in his career. James & McDonald were viewed as a 1-2 punch, both capable of being a great receiving option and filling in the trenches. Grimble has yet to prove he is a capable blocker so I don't understand why he dismisses that so easily. And just because both James & Gentry were 5th Rd picks doesn't mean you'll get the same level of play. To think that either Grimble or Gentry can step in day 1 as a plug & play piece within this scheme is a farce.

Yep...clearly this writer was not paying attention to details...even if that was true on the TE2, that's not the reason the FO hasn't extended Hilton. Any new money that he would get on an extension would be hitting the cap next yr., not this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Haden's extension must be imminent.

An easy way to access an extra ~$4m in cap space. Puts Tuitt in the spotlight though from what used to be a backloaded deal he signed. Tuitt still has a lot to prove if he is going to be worthy of the $15m cap hits in '20 & '21.

That's just it...he won't be most likely unless he's getting the QB on the ground a lot more...but those restructures are artificially boosting his cap hit.

That does make sense with Haden, we shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Haden's extension must be imminent.

An easy way to access an extra ~$4m in cap space. Puts Tuitt in the spotlight though from what used to be a backloaded deal he signed. Tuitt still has a lot to prove if he is going to be worthy of the $15m cap hits in '20 & '21.

Another thing Bell and his agent failed to see...the Steelers history in restructuring deals...while it's not automatic, but the top players will get paid most or all of their contract in PIT.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it...he won't be most likely unless he's getting the QB on the ground a lot more...but those restructures are artificially boosting his cap hit.

That does make sense with Haden, we shall see.
Yea I'm not sold on paying Tuitt that much. Incredible potential but has yet to prove he's worth it. He needs to go from "occasionally" to "constantly" disruptive.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing Bell and his agent failed to see...the Steelers history in restructuring deals...while it's not automatic, but the top players will get paid most or all of their contract in PIT.
This was a fact I was trying to argue with someone on the general board and they of course didn't want to account for it. Bell woulda got a lot more guarantees than what were reported at face-value

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions: Training Camp, Vol. 2 - Behind the Steel Curtain

1. Offense: Rudolph, Johnson & Grimble. Time for Rudolph to step up. It should be readily apparent that Johnson is a superior route runner. Grimble has a lot to prove in a few preseason games if he wants to convince the team not to sign his replacement once roster cuts start. Defense: Ola & Kelly. Time to see what all the fuss is about with these 2.
  2. I'm leaning towards honesty. But I could see him walking away after Ben leaves.
  3. I'd give him spell work early on in the season and wait to see what Dupree does. If Dupree struggles yet again then Ola would be my starter by week 3 or 4.
  4. Sorry I don't make that kind of investment until I know its a proven commodity. And even then I typically wait until their 2nd contract to make that decision. But for the sake of the discussion... Benny Snell. Kid will be a household name in 2 years.
  5. Kameron Kelly.
  6. No top 100? Let's remind these assholes who's boss.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions: Training Camp, Vol. 2 - Behind the Steel Curtain

1. Offense: Rudolph, Johnson & Grimble. Time for Rudolph to step up. It should be readily apparent that Johnson is a superior route runner. Grimble has a lot to prove in a few preseason games if he wants to convince the team not to sign his replacement once roster cuts start. Defense: Ola & Kelly. Time to see what all the fuss is about with these 2.
  2. I'm leaning towards honesty. But I could see him walking away after Ben leaves.
  3. I'd give him spell work early on in the season and wait to see what Dupree does. If Dupree struggles yet again then Ola would be my starter by week 3 or 4.
  4. Sorry I don't make that kind of investment until I know its a proven commodity. And even then I typically wait until their 2nd contract to make that decision. But for the sake of the discussion... Benny Snell. Kid will be a household name in 2 years.
  5. Kameron Kelly.
  6. No top 100? Let's remind these assholes who's boss.
hows dobbs and rudolph each looking . heard teams were interested in dobbs last year

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hows dobbs and rudolph each looking . heard teams were interested in dobbs last year
Seeing both good mixed with bad. Neither has really separated themselves yet so we'll have to wait & see. As it stands now Dobbs remains the QB2.

Side note... QB4 Hodges has been having himself a good camp. But we all know it means nothing. Another camp casualty lost in translation to the love that Tomlin has for his draft picks. Would love to see Hodges have a fantastic preseason then force them to look stupid if they cut him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing both good mixed with bad. Neither has really separated themselves yet so we'll have to wait & see. As it stands now Dobbs remains the QB2.

Side note... QB4 Hodges has been having himself a good camp. But we all know it means nothing. Another camp casualty lost in translation to the love that Tomlin has for his draft picks. Would love to see Hodges have a fantastic preseason then force them to look stupid if they cut him.
lol, our qbs are a mess

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you all were wondering what the plan was to replace the WR coach after Drake's passing...

Don't know if its the official move or just brought in these 2 to help for the time being... But I'm sure we'll know soon enough. Team is still shell-shocked from Drake's passing so I don't think anyone is too keen on moving forward in a timely manner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you all were wondering what the plan was to replace the WR coach after Drake's passing...

Don't know if its the official move or just brought in these 2 to help for the time being... But I'm sure we'll know soon enough. Team is still shell-shocked from Drake's passing so I don't think anyone is too keen on moving forward in a timely manner.

Good pick up...

I just posted a thread about that very topic.