• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good find. I’d go after him.

Pretty good chance they might, still on his rookie deal...TE is probably the weakest depth position on the team in terms of quality behind #1. $2 mil is a lot for Grimble's past production so they have to be thinking he's going to fill JJ's role and get more targets...we shall see.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see James Washington this year. He's dropped 15 pounds and looks a look quicker according to reports. I was a big fan of his coming out of college, the drops and struggles to separate definitely were there last year but he did seem to play better and be more productive after that benching stemming from the Denver game. Think he'll have a good year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see James Washington this year. He's dropped 15 pounds and looks a look quicker according to reports. I was a big fan of his coming out of college, the drops and struggles to separate definitely were there last year but he did seem to play better and be more productive after that benching stemming from the Denver game. Think he'll have a good year.

Yeah...I think everyone just assumed he would have a break out rookie season and when he didn't some have been quick to jump of his wagon. His college tape was really good, so the talent is there, relax and catch the damn ball, don't try to make a play until the ball is secured.

I've heard some of the same things of late...this we pretty much know...Ben is going to give him chances to show he's ready...if he takes advantage, he will get 50+ targets as the WR3.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about this man's abilities... But who ride? HE RIDES for this team. This sort of outspoken enthusiasm is contagious.

Well said Vince.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as the blue collar guys can play.

What I think happened in PIT going off the rails, started with Ben and other vets getting additional time off practice and other preferential treatment, and it morphed into turning the other cheek when players like Antonio Brown thought he also had earned preferential treatment.

They can say what they want about Bell and Brown being the cancers and it was good to rid the locker room of them, but Tomlin/Colbert also need to look at themselves and see what was in their control that contributed to what ultimately happened LY.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering about that RB position. Jaylen Samuels coming out was considered a HB/TE, and with no real #2 TE I wonder if they experiment with Samuels at an H-Back role with Conner/Snell on the field. Might free it up for a guy like Edmunds or Webb to get a shot (liked Webb in college).

They have numbers at the position, hoping they utilize that instead of just running one guy into the ground.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering about that RB position. Jaylen Samuels coming out was considered a HB/TE, and with no real #2 TE I wonder if they experiment with Samuels at an H-Back role with Conner/Snell on the field. Might free it up for a guy like Edmunds or Webb to get a shot (liked Webb in college).

They have numbers at the position, hoping they utilize that instead of just running one guy into the ground.

With Connor's injury history, I would be surprised (well, that's not totally true) I wouldn't be surprised to see him over 250-260 total touches...We know that pass pro dictates snaps, so if Snell picks up on that part of the game quickly, I could see him getting 80-100 snaps and Samuels being used more as a HB/TE.

I still expect them to bring in a vet TE as I'm still not sold on Grimble making this team, but with very little cap space, it's not going to be a big name if he's in addition to Grimble and McD.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Connor's injury history, I would be surprised (well, that's not totally true) I wouldn't be surprised to see him over 250-260 total touches...We know that pass pro dictates snaps, so if Snell picks up on that part of the game quickly, I could see him getting 80-100 snaps and Samuels being used more as a HB/TE.

I still expect them to bring in a vet TE as I'm still not sold on Grimble making this team, but with very little cap space, it's not going to be a big name if he's in addition to Grimble and McD.
Looking around the league for potential roster bubble TEs, I came across an article on the Broncos. They are apparently loaded at the position, and just drafted Noah’s Fant. Jeff Heuerman & Jake Butt look like afterthoughts suddenly. Good upside for depth pieces if they suddenly become available in August/Sept.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/predom...assing-expectations-according-vic-fangio/amp/