• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so.

I wouldn't hold my breath given the season is already underway, but this is ideal...the weakest starting position on the team right now is FS...a top tier young FS is suddenly on the market.

IMO, Colbert owes it to the franchise to make this happen.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hold my breath given the season is already underway, but this is ideal...the weakest starting position on the team right now is FS...a top tier young FS is suddenly on the market.

IMO, Colbert owes it to the franchise to make this happen.
If they really are in win-now mode for the next 3 years with Ben, it would be inexcusable for him to go somewhere for a 1st round pick, and the Steelers not at least match that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really are in win-now mode for the next 3 years with Ben, it would be inexcusable for him to go somewhere for a 1st round pick, and the Steelers not at least match that.

I'll say this...for all of his warts, Tomlin never gives up on a draft prospect that they liked and didn't get.

Being that he went so high, maybe they never targeted him, but hopefully this is one that they pursue and make happen. MIA is clearly in tank mode so maybe picks mean more to them now...if so, give it to them....make it happen.

Davis is not the long term answer at FS, if he was they would've locked him up long term a month ago...he's still in prove it mode.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this...for all of his warts, Tomlin never gives up on a draft prospect that they liked and didn't get.

Being that he went so high, maybe they never targeted him, but hopefully this is one that they pursue and make happen. MIA is clearly in tank mode so maybe picks mean more to them now...if so, give it to them....make it happen.

Davis is not the long term answer at FS, if he was they would've locked him up long term a month ago...he's still in prove it mode.
If Davis wasn't part of a trade deal, I'd want to see Minkas FS and Sean Davis SS, and Edmunds the 3rd safety for subpackages. He's not getting it done right now, he seems lost, and Sean Davis would be an upgrade there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Davis wasn't part of a trade deal, I'd want to see Minkas FS and Sean Davis SS, and Edmunds the 3rd safety for subpackages. He's not getting it done right now, he seems lost, and Sean Davis would be an upgrade there.

I still like Edmunds a lot, and would have no problem pairing him with Minkah, but if I didn't have to move Davis, I'd rather Davis and Minkah...at least one of my guys knows the system well.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Edmunds a lot, and would have no problem pairing him with Minkah, but if I didn't have to move Davis, I'd rather Davis and Minkah...at least one of my guys knows the system well.
Exactly. Edmunds can still develop into a good starter, but he isn't there yet. Some time in subpackages will help him develop without being a liability right now.

Edmunds isn't all that... cerebral. Minkah and Sean are.
The job needs to be instinctive for Edmunds in the box.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad reality...I hope not all of it true though...especially the sucking all season part...:D
The Steelers are listed in a couple online sources (for whatever they are worth) as one of the interested teams.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys seem higher on Edmunds than I am. I had high hopes for him to take a leap this year and prove all the doubters wrong about him being drafted. But judging by how lost he looked in week 1, it’s going to take at least another year before he should start lol.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Mikey, get that chub up.

EEXWUAsXoAE5s7X.jpg

Tomlin Recalls Dining With Multiple Former Alabama Players Earlier This Month - Steelers Depot

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting caught up on the prior posts, so just adding fuel to the existing fire by posting the same crap... but before i logged on I saw Fitzpatrick is wanting out of Miami and that they only want a 2nd round pick for him. WTF....he should be in Pittsburgh already!

Then realization set in....Colbert is the GM and Tomlin is the head coach. They will never admit "their guys" suck.