• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was ridiculous

At the time Stockton/Thomas was laughably lopsided

I don’t agree with that.

Also, fit matters. When you have a roster full of ball of famers, who do you want playing point? The gritty pass first guy who isn’t going to take a ton of shots, or the scoring PG who half the roster hates?

Isaiah also had a couple unfortunate media moments. One where he made a really unfortunate comment about Bird.

Making a team is more than assembling the best 12 players. Stockton fit and Isaiah didn’t.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree with that.

Also, fit matters. When you have a roster full of ball of famers, who do you want playing point? The gritty pass first guy who isn’t going to take a ton of shots, or the scoring PG who half the roster hates?

Isaiah also had a couple unfortunate media moments. One where he made a really unfortunate comment about Bird.

Making a team is more than assembling the best 12 players. Stockton fit and Isaiah didn’t.

Stockton barely saw the court

And yes it was lopsided. Stockton had won like two playoff series total to that point and had three all stars.

Isiah went to three finals and had been an all star every single season. I get Isiah was older but it was clear it was a balance of career versus current skill or Bird wouldn't have been there. Magic already had his diagnosis.

And oh Pippen and Jordan hated him. He was in magic's wedding. Drexler and Barkley both thought Isiah should have been there. Notice how drexler didn't act like a sore loser over taking L's to the Pistons.

Just saying wiping out Detroit from that dream team was uncalled for.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yes it was lopsided. Stockton had won like two playoff series total to that point and had three all stars.

Isiah went to three finals and had been an all star every single season. I get Isiah was older but it was clear it was a balance of career versus current skill or Bird wouldn't have been there. Magic already had his diagnosis.

And oh Pippen and Jordan hated him. He was in magic's wedding. Drexler and Barkley both thought Isiah should have been there. Notice how drexler didn't act like a sore loser over taking L's to the Pistons.

Doesn’t matter.

Isaiah might have disrupted chemistry.

And the fact that Stockton was a back-up is really just furthering my point. You don’t bring on the lightning rod for a bit role. You take the solid player who is going to be the best teammate.

They didn’t need Isaiah. And Stockton fit beautifully.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when did Drexler lose the Pistons?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and as for Magic?

The were great friends.

Then Isaiah publicly questioned Magic’s sexuality. Magic probably hated him more than anybody leading up to ‘92.

Magic, Bird, MJ all hated Isaiah and for good reasons. He wasn’t ever going to be on that team. And he didn’t deserve to be because he did and said some pretty crappy things about those guys.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter.

Isaiah might have disrupted chemistry.

And the fact that Stockton was a back-up is really just furthering my point. You don’t bring on the lightning rod for a bit role. You take the solid player who is going to be the best teammate.

They didn’t need Isaiah. And Stockton fit beautifully.

They definitely didn't need Bird. Why was he there? He could hardly play at that point.

It all comes off sour grapes and every single player that has spoken on it says Isiah should've been there (including magic) except Jordan.

28 years later and he still salty. For a guy who did so much winning he couldn't stand the fact the Pistons got the better of him more than not.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I just want to stir up shit because Detroit is irrelevant now

But Jordan comes off salty and bitter to still feel this way

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Bird averaged 30 a game in 87/88 and was averaging about 27 in the playoffs until they faced Detroit. Went 4-3 the year earlier

Yes magic was hobbled in 89 but they had a 3-2 lead on them the year earlier. (Still shady reffing)

And went 3-1 all time against MJ

The Celtics eventually wore down, that's literally in the Bad Boys documentary.

Having a 3-2 series lead doesn't mean anything if you squander it. They don't give rings out for having a 3-2 lead.

And yes, fully aware that he went 3-1 against MJ. But that was also when MJ was getting his feet wet and had Doug Collins as a coach. Once Phil and Scottie came around, the Pistons weren't even competitive with the Bulls as they got speed bagged.

So in short, Isiah Thomas's standing is not undervalued. He was a good-to-great player, not all-time elite top 10.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzmagic is obviously not the guy you want under center, but he is definitely better than what some teams (including the Redskins) have under center as their starter. Dude is a competitor.

If the Dolphins wanted to tank, they should have told Flores. Because Rosen would have landed them that #1 pick.

It was the game against the Redskins, literally the week after they promised Rosen would be the starter all year that Fitz took over for good. Rosen started and played the first 3 quarters and I don’t think he ever crossed midfield. Then Fitz comes in and they looked like the Chiefs.

If they had followed through and actually started Rosen all year I think they really might have gone 0-16.

I called Rosen from the start, hasnt been the spots but he has issues. He will be out

Why is this a surprise...MJ was getting humiliated by the Pistons year after year. Magic retires-Lakers break up, C’s get old, Pistons get old...MJ starts winning. If he would have came into the league probably 6 or 7 years early, he could have zero ships. It’s why I hate using the championship discussion for Lebron vs MJ...truly believe when Lebron retires he will be just as great as MJ, especially as time passes after retires (more people will appreicate what he has done). If he wins a ship with the Lakers and makes it 3 teams and continues his high play for 3-4 more years...he will have a new GOAT.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Rosen from the start, hasnt been the spots but he has issues. He will be out

Why is this a surprise...MJ was getting humiliated by the Pistons year after year. Magic retires-Lakers break up, C’s get old, Pistons get old...MJ starts winning. If he would have came into the league probably 6 or 7 years early, he could have zero ships. It’s why I hate using the championship discussion for Lebron vs MJ...truly believe when Lebron retires he will be just as great as MJ, especially as time passes after retires (more people will appreicate what he has done). If he wins a ship with the Lakers and makes it 3 teams and continues his high play for 3-4 more years...he will have a new GOAT.

I do feel like people try and make a lot of excuses for Jordan in that sense. The East wasn't as rough for LeBron as late 80's to mid 90's but obviously the modern West is harder....so LeBron has had to go through some all time teams.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics eventually wore down, that's literally in the Bad Boys documentary.

Having a 3-2 series lead doesn't mean anything if you squander it. They don't give rings out for having a 3-2 lead.

And yes, fully aware that he went 3-1 against MJ. But that was also when MJ was getting his feet wet and had Doug Collins as a coach. Once Phil and Scottie came around, the Pistons weren't even competitive with the Bulls as they got speed bagged.

So in short, Isiah Thomas's standing is not undervalued. He was a good-to-great player, not all-time elite top 10.

I've never argued Isiah is a top ten all time hell on some lists he barely cracks the top 50

For the record the Pistons beat all star Scottie and Phil the first time around.

And I don't know how Bird was wearing down the first year they beat them if he was averaging 30 a game. His back injury came a couple years later and ended his career

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the most savage competitor to play any sport, that doesn’t go away. Cross him at your own peril.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never argued Isiah is a top ten all time hell on some lists he barely cracks the top 50

For the record the Pistons beat all star Scottie and Phil the first time around.

And I don't know how Bird was wearing down the first year they beat them if he was averaging 30 a game. His back injury came a couple years later and ended his career

Isaiah Thomas deserves to be on the short list in the conversation for 2nd best PG of all time.

And yet, keeping him off the Dream Team was still the right call.

Seriously, Isaiah Thomas is the reason athletes go through media training today. Dude said some unfathomable things in front of the camera that absolutely hurt his image. When you add it all up, the Pistons team image, IT’s personal issues with media and then later his horrendous GM tenure, a lot of people just don’t like him.

And he provided plenty of reasons for that.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most savage competitor to play any sport, that doesn’t go away. Cross him at your own peril.

I guess to me it feels like his bitterness stems a little more from having lost to them so much.

Guess I was just surprised to see him still this angry

Oh well I will move on from the topic. Not a lot going tho lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Thomas deserves to be on the short list in the conversation for 2nd best PG of all time.

And yet, keeping him off the Dream Team was still the right call.

Seriously, Isaiah Thomas is the reason athletes go through media training today. Dude said some unfathomable things in front of the camera that absolutely hurt his image. When you add it all up, the Pistons team image, IT’s personal issues with media and then later his horrendous GM tenure, a lot of people just don’t like him.

And he provided plenty of reasons for that.

He definitely proved to be a weird dude later in life.

The kissing thing always bothered me with Magic

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me it feels like his bitterness stems a little more from having lost to them so much.

Guess I was just surprised to see him still this angry

Oh well I will move on from the topic. Not a lot going tho lol

I disagree with that, he forgot about losing to them the second he beat them. He remembers shaking their hands every time he lost to them. That is why Isaiah got treated the way he did in my opinion.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that, he forgot about losing to them the second he beat them. He remembers shaking their hands every time he lost to them. That is why Isaiah got treated the way he did in my opinion.

Yea he wasn't a salty dude

"The Pistons are undeserving champions,” Jordan said on the day between Games 3 and 4 in Detroit in 1991, according to Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports. “The Bad Boys are bad for basketball.”