• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's the Mayo Clinic. I'd guess that they likely have a pretty good idea as to what is or isn't safe. They seem pretty smart about doctoring en sech.

It's not like he showed up at a nursing home maskless, shaking hands and kissing old ladies.

That's more of a Biden thing. lol
They did ask him to wear one, everyone with him did

Come on dude

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. It's why I'm a Libertarian. I just want the gubbamint to leave me the hell alone. lol
Not really possible in a modern large nation. There's not really any libertarian governments anywhere and never have been. Society is a real thing

But I understand where you're coming from

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really possible in a modern large nation. There's not really any libertarian governments anywhere and never have been. Society is a real thing

I agree. But the government doesn't need to be in as deep in peoples lives as they are.

And that's both sides. The only difference is which part of your life they want to be in charge of.

And a true Libertarian government likely wouldn't work anyway. Eventually, some form of anarchy would likely ensue.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But the government doesn't need to be in as deep in peoples lives as they are.

And that's both sides. The only difference is which part of your life they want to be in charge of.

And a true Libertarian government likely wouldn't work anyway. Eventually, some form of anarchy would likely ensue.
The closest thing to the libertarian ideal was probably the early years of the United States, maybe up until the 1820s. But only for white dudes.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Isiah grossly underrated?

Only Superstar to beat Bird, Jordan, and Magic in the playoffs. And the Pistons were exceptionally competitive in the years leading up to the back to backs

Just reflecting on that with the last dance doc

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only Superstar to beat Bird, Jordan, and Magic in the playoffs. And the Pistons were exceptionally competitive in the years leading up to the back to backs

Eh, he beat Bird when his back finally gave out on him. The one time he beat the Lakers, Magic pulled his hamstring game 1 and was out of the series. Yes, he beat Jordan, but Jordan became what he was and had Scottie. Then they didn't even remain competitive.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, he beat Bird when his back finally gave out on him. The one time he beat the Lakers, Magic pulled his hamstring game 1 and was out of the series. Yes, he beat Jordan, but Jordan became what he was and had Scottie. Then they didn't even remain competitive.

Lol

Bird averaged 30 a game in 87/88 and was averaging about 27 in the playoffs until they faced Detroit. Went 4-3 the year earlier

Yes magic was hobbled in 89 but they had a 3-2 lead on them the year earlier. (Still shady reffing)

And went 3-1 all time against MJ

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a team sport especially in the playoffs. But yeah he's probably a little underrated especially since MJ kept him off the Dream Team

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team sport especially in the playoffs. But yeah he's probably a little underrated especially since MJ kept him off the Dream Team

Which was ridiculous

At the time Stockton/Thomas was laughably lopsided

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw why MJ did it though right?

I knew 27 years ago. Because of how they walked off the court. But if that had been the Milwaukee Bucks or something Jordan wouldn't still hold a grudge. They beat him three years straight and he wanted his due

Thomas should've given it to him no doubt. But the lifetime achievement selections of Bird/Magic (deservedly obviously) and trying to brush off the role Detroit played with Zeke was shady imo.

This was American hoops on the world stage and it was a whopping two years since Detroit had been to three straight finals

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on what you mean by "libertarian". There are two kinds of Libertarians; Big Ls and Little Ls. Big Ls are what most people think of when they hear "libertarian". The type of people whose approach to gov't is close to anarchy. Like not only is social security evil but seat beat laws are the devil types but also every drug ever should be legal. But then there's Little Ls. These are the types that see the need for some form of federal gov't, but that it should not as intrusive in most areas if possible. They recognize the need for federal gov't in certain areas. They're also firm believers and defenders of all rights. I think there's more people out there in the country that actually fall into the Little L category than most realize.

The problem is its fractured on multiple levels. The first and main issue imo being the way politics is set up in this country, its essentially a rigged game. It is damn near impossible to get 3rd parties on ballots, much less on equal footing with the established Dem and GOP, making it harder for any group to organize and attract a following. (Libertarians are starting to gain a little ground here. They are getting on ballots but they're still a long way off from having any meaningful impact). And the other issue is libertarians tend to fracture among themselves. Since by nature they are more independent, its hard to nail down behind a unifying party platform. They tend to start arguing among themselves about purity and ideals and no one is willing to budge. So instead of sacrificing some part of a platform ideal to make a little bit of electoral progress and slowly build over time, nothing gets done. They can't ever gain any ground electorally.

So in conclusion, basketball needs to start up again fast.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew 27 years ago. Because of how they walked off the court. But if that had been the Milwaukee Bucks or something Jordan wouldn't still hold a grudge. They beat him three years straight and he wanted his due

Thomas should've given it to him no doubt. But the lifetime achievement selections of Bird/Magic (deservedly obviously) and trying to brush off the role Detroit played with Zeke was shady imo.

This was American hoops on the world stage and it was a whopping two years since Detroit had been to three straight finals
One simply does not fuck with Jordan, especially not then.