• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought you said Herbert solid starter? That makes him worthy of going 6.

Sure.

I guess because teams are so talent starved at QB it is never to early to take a starter caliber QB.

Top 10 though, is tough. What is more valuable? A viable slow end starter at QB or a pro bowler at another position? I have no idea. You are certainly passing on a few pro bowlers to take that QB top 10.

And I do think Herbert will be solid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I didn't think he was ready to start as a rookie was the limited games he started at Ohio State.
Something to be said for this, but again not sure if starting or sitting will help. Have heard most consider amount of starts in college to be one of the top things that are looked at (along with wins/losses for top schools, comletion %, TD/INT ratio)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"keep getting the right"? so far you got a #1 pick right and only think you got Haskins as a bust right. I think you did, too, but we don't know.

Never mind those are all of 2 players.

too early to judge either from last year.

Going back to Wentz/Goff draft my guy hasn’t been wrong yet.

Small sample, yes. But 1 hell of a batting average.

And if you all remember a couple years ago, I was touting Mahomes would be special and Trubisky a bust long before they actually were.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

I guess because teams are so talent starved at QB it is never to early to take a starter caliber QB.

Top 10 though, is tough. What is more valuable? A viable slow end starter at QB or a pro bowler at another position? I have no idea. You are certainly passing on a few pro bowlers to take that QB top 10.

If I don't have a QB I'll take one I believe can be a viable starter. Viable meaning top 15 or so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you all remember a couple years ago, I was touting Mahomes would be special and Trubisky a bust long before they actually were.
some others would have to account for those as I was not here. what did he say about Wentz/Goff that he is right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not foolproof. A lot of variables in play for sure. That is why I am not claiming 100% success moving forward.

Also not luck based and there are scientific ways to evaluate QB decision making. And when those ways become mainstream (which I believe they will within the next 5 years) you will surely hear about them.

For now though?

A few teams have this guys report. Most don’t and are basically flying blind. As you can imagine, the teams that do are trying to keep it under wraps as much as possible. Because it is a huge advantage for them.
so a certain few teams and you have access?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we really screwed Rosen big time. We aimed for a flat out complete rebuild, then after trading for Rosen, signed Fitz and made him our starter. In hindsight, trading for Rosen was worthless and cost us a 2nd round pick.

On the flip side, that's two organizations that have essentially quit on him. So the jury may already be out on him.
Or you could say signing Fitz was worthless and cost you Burrow.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trust me, I was EXCEEDINGLY glad you were right about Money Mahomes...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Uggh I think Herbert is bound to be a bench warmer. He is a first read QB. Everyone is in love with the NFL body, 6'4" guys with a big arm. He is so inconsistent, misses easy throws, goes through spurts where he misses badly...and this is a 4 year starter. Nothing screams "solid QB"...it screams Blake Bortles to me with less athleticism.

Tua is a much more consistently accurate QB than Herbert

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh I think Herbert is bound to be a bench warmer. He is a first read QB. Everyone is in love with the NFL body, 6'4" guys with a big arm. He is so inconsistent, misses easy throws, goes through spurts where he misses badly...and this is a 4 year starter. Nothing screams "solid QB"...it screams Blake Bortles to me with less athleticism.

we'll see about him being a benchwarmer. Picked too high for that imo...

course the Chiefs fan in me wouldn't be upset if you were right...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't a fan of Trubisky either, honestly, I didn't really think about Mahomes bc he was seen a project guy, year 2 starter. I'm not sure anyone could have predicted what he is now though....he's been amazing and the best QB in the league and only year 3 as a starter, that's crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some others would have to account for those as I was not here. what did he say about Wentz/Goff that he is right?

That both had some positive traits and some negative traits. Enough positive to be solid starters, probably not stars.

He did predict these guys would be stars:

Mahomes, Murray, Watson, Lamar, Josh Allen and Burrow

and the busts Trubisky, Rosen, Haskins, Tua and Love

So yeah, pretty damn good. Josh Allen the only one that isn’t right on the money. And of course we don’t know about the guys drafted last 2 seasons yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Accuracy could well be a reason he fails.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, too...but not if I'm trying to tank.

Fitzmagic is obviously not the guy you want under center, but he is definitely better than what some teams (including the Redskins) have under center as their starter. Dude is a competitor.

If the Dolphins wanted to tank, they should have told Flores. Because Rosen would have landed them that #1 pick.

It was the game against the Redskins, literally the week after they promised Rosen would be the starter all year that Fitz took over for good. Rosen started and played the first 3 quarters and I don’t think he ever crossed midfield. Then Fitz comes in and they looked like the Chiefs.

If they had followed through and actually started Rosen all year I think they really might have gone 0-16.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzmagic is obviously not the guy you want under center, but he is definitely better than what some teams (including the Redskins) have under center as their starter. Dude is a competitor.

If the Dolphins wanted to tank, they should have told Flores. Because Rosen would have landed them that #1 pick.

It was the game against the Redskins, literally the week after they promised Rosen would be the starter all year that Fitz took over for good. Rosen started and played the first 3 quarters and I don’t think he ever crossed midfield. Then Fitz comes in and they looked like the Chiefs.

If they had followed through and actually started Rosen all year I think they really might have gone 0-16.

agreed. Fitz ain't mega talented or anything, but the guy plays with some heart...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd definitely put my money on Tua versus Herbert

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That both had some positive traits and some negative traits. Enough positive to be solid starters, probably not stars.

He did predict these guys would be stars:

Mahomes, Murray, Watson, Lamar, Josh Allen and Burrow

and the busts Trubisky, Rosen, Haskins, Tua and Love

So yeah, pretty damn good. Josh Allen the only one that isn’t right on the money. And of course we don’t know about the guys drafted last 2 seasons yet.

I was down on Trubisky also. The browns were mocked to him a lot.