• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's someone to watch. If I'm him, I'm sticking around Day for my senior year. He didn't get shit for development at UGA. And last year was his first year at Ohio State. I haven't heard of too many QBs succeeding with just 2 years of college (taking away his first year at UGA).

I take away his first year at UGA as James Coley was his QB coach at the time, iirc. That guy was crap at developing QBs and is merely a recruiter.

Fields staying with UGA would have been the equivalent of a QB in say, Saban's system (it wasn't doing him any good) AND he wouldn't have started this past season, plus Urban left that same year...it truly has all worked out for him so far, hopefully he can develop into something more. The kid has a ton of talent

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's someone to watch. If I'm him, I'm sticking around Day for my senior year. He didn't get shit for development at UGA. And last year was his first year at Ohio State. I haven't heard of too many QBs succeeding with just 2 years of college (taking away his first year at UGA).

I take away his first year at UGA as James Coley was his QB coach at the time, iirc. That guy was crap at developing QBs and is merely a recruiter.
Guess we'll see what Burrow does with only playing 2 seasons.

If the guy can be a top 5 pick he has to go IMO.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has handled this well.

Outside of that, he's a glitter toothed moron and handling this thing is likely to be the only highlight of his hopefully, 1 term.

I mean, the first thing he did when he took office was break a campaign promise on an issue that Californians have repeatedly voted for in large numbers. If memory serves, it was literally his first act as Governor.
That's weird
Thank God our president who you support never breaks any promises.
Come on dude, be honest. Newsom is a Dem so you don't like him. Trump is a Rep so you do. Go team!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Redskins fans should be happy the Browns are around. Because if Jimmy Haslam wasn't around Dan Snyder would have the title worst owner in the league.There's a reason Washington 's had so many issues for years. It starts at the top. Same problem my team has.
No disagreement so far. But I think if he finds the right people Haslem will get out of the way (he was with Dorsey...just wasn't the right guy). Will snyder? I don't think he ever will.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I can't think of any other politician who made breaking a campaign promise his first act in office. If you can, feel free to name them and the promise they broke as their first act.

While on the campaign trail, Gavin Newsome was asked about how he would handle the death penalty. The people of California have voted on the death penalty at least 3 times. It has passed by a large number every time. In fact, it has won by more every time it has been voted on than it did the previous time it was voted on. In 1986, Californians voted 3 state supreme court justices out of office because of their opposition to the death penalty.

In 2016, not only did Californians vote down a proposition to abolish the death penalty, they passed another proposition that allows death row offenders to work in order to pay restitution to families of death row inmates victims.

In short, Californians have repeatedly shown that we want the death penalty.

He said that while he is personally against the death penalty, he wasn't going to go against the will of the people.

His first act was to impose a moratorium on the death penalty stating that it goes against his beliefs as a Catholic and that no one would be executed while he is Governor.

His job is to govern according to the will of the people, not his personal moral code or religious beliefs.
I wonder if he's pro life due to his Catholicism too. I suspect not, so yeah not a good look for Newsom.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement so far. But I think if he finds the right people Haslem will get out of the way (he was with Dorsey...just wasn't the right guy). Will snyder? I don't think he ever will.

Dorsey was fine until he hung his hat on an actual retard

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call BS all you want.

In the meantime, I will pick the studs and the busts from the first round QBs using my boy’s data.

And I will bet that he is right a lot more often than he is wrong. Right more than Riddick and Kiper too.

But like I said many pages ago. Time will tell and you will see.
LOL.

Riddick is a former GM and 1 of the best analysts.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. This will take a long time to prove.

But, if I can successfully sort the first round QB stars and the 1st round QB busts with 75% success or greater over the next 5 years, will you admit it isn’t luck?

Because I can assure you that it isn’t. I can also assure you that most NFL scouts aren’t using the right information to gauge QB decision making, and that is why most people (even many scouts) would agree with you that it is impossible to assess.

Bust will be defined by a player not receiving franchise QB starter $ on his first FA contract.

This year, Burrow = star, Tua and Love = bust

Last year Murray = star and Haskins = bust

Jones and Herbert in the middle. Not saying they won’t bust, but less likely than the guys I listed, IMO.
Called the #1 picks stars and those much later in round 1 busts. Not much goes into that. said 2 in the 5-10 range could go either way. Only one that went against the numbers might be Tua (and probably more busts than not at 5).

Even the best of the best have had massive failures on QBs. Not sure you are going with anything earthshattering here.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird
Thank God our president who you support never breaks any promises.
Come on dude, be honest. Newsom is a Dem so you don't like him. Trump is a Rep so you do. Go team!
BOOM

Trump broke a bunch of campaign promises.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come all those scouts don't know what they are doing and you do? Shouldn't you get a job somewhere? And there's a lot of money at stake, you would think the people that know would be found by now.
I thought this was hilarious.

Other than Tua at 5...
said the #1 picks would do well
said the mid-later first rounders would not
said those in 6-10 range he wasn't sure

Really compelling opinions.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think starting early matters. If you have it, you have it. Not so sure he does but certainly wont write him off yet.

The reason I didn't think he was ready to start as a rookie was the limited games he started at Ohio State.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it's why Haskins probably will fail...has more to do with the organization and being one of the worst in the NFL. Sit him for a couple years, getting him good coaching and this kid can develop plenty, he already has some great traits. He just needs time with footwork and habits. WAS knew when they drafted him he was a developmental QB and yet they continue to do the wrong things to build their organization. I am going to laugh when they give up on Haskins after not even a year and a half on this team. What did you really expect?
while I do think organization matters I don't buy it's more important than the actual player. I don't think Quinn nor Manziel makes it no matter who drafted them. and think Favre/Rodgers would have been studs regardless. Not like GB had done much pre-Favre with QBs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it....have only heard great things about this kid. How was the segment?

A little depressing to be honest. It started off about his late mother & her battle with cancer & how she passed away 6 days after Okuda got to Columbus.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok.

But when I keep getting these right, you will see.
"keep getting the right"? so far you got a #1 pick right and only think you got Haskins as a bust right. I think you did, too, but we don't know.

Never mind those are all of 2 players.