• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know shit about analyzing football players.

But I know a guy that does.

And he does have a job consulting with a small number of NFL teams.
I just meant, if he has some secret sauce that the others don't, eventually word would get out. Others would copy him, some team would flat out hire him as QB scout.

All I'm saying is no one has a foolproof way to evaluate QBs. It's probably the hardest player evaluation in any sport.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok.

But when I keep getting these right, you will see.

I'm waiting for the first one. You just compared Tua to Jameis, where the only similarity they share is that they're QBs. I've been very realistic with my opinions and expectations on Tua.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah!

espn 8 the ocho return this Saturday 10 a.m. mountain higher time. Lawn mower racing will be intense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, agreed. Peyton obviously didn't have a solid rookie year. Yet RG III had 20 TD, only 5 int's (815 yards rushing & 7 TD's) & was a Pro Bowler.

His was because of his legs and we saw how long that lasted.

The only qb I can think of in the last 15-20 years who came in and had a very good rookie year and has maintained through his career is Russell Wilson.

In his rookie year, he completed 64.1% of his passes with 26 tds and 10 ints.

His career numbers are: 64.5% completion with 28.3 tds and 8.5 ints.

But he's an outlier. I'd guess that there wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 other qbs that the same could be said about.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NICE.

Y'all gonna be partying in Times Square this time next week. lol

Just kidding of course.

Glad to see that it's not just lower, but looks like it's significantly so. That's great news. You guys need something breaking your way, you've been really hit hard.

I can't stand our Governor here, he's a fucking glitter toothed moron.

But I also believe in giving credit where it's due. I watched part of his update this afternoon and I like his plan.

He was laying out a 4 step process that actually makes a lot of sense.

He said that right now, we are in step 1...stay at home orders, limiting being out in public, but some grocery stores, etc. are starting to loosen some of the restrictions (mainly just number of people allowed in at a time).

Phase 2: which he said should happen over the next few weeks would be further lifting of restrictions. I didn't catch all of it, but basically it seems like it would be starting open some things (restaurants, etc.) but with limited occupancy. Maybe opening parks, that kind of thing. I didn't catch all of phase 2.

Phase 3: would be opening some of the more risky stuff (gyms, hair salons, barber shops, etc.)

Phase 4: would be fully opening things back up, so concerts, sporting events, etc.

Presumably, things like sporting events with no spectators would later in Phase 2 or part of Phase 3.

I think we could start Phase 2 (at least for much of the state) as soon as this weekend, so I disagree with him there...but at this point, I'm not going to criticize him for being cautious.
Newsom is actually a great Governor and shut down CA pretty quickly when the shit hit the fan there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just meant, if he has some secret sauce that the others don't, eventually word would get out. Others would copy him, some team would flat out hire him as QB scout.

All I'm saying is no one has a foolproof way to evaluate QBs. It's probably the hardest player evaluation in any sport.

Not foolproof. A lot of variables in play for sure. That is why I am not claiming 100% success moving forward.

Also not luck based and there are scientific ways to evaluate QB decision making. And when those ways become mainstream (which I believe they will within the next 5 years) you will surely hear about them.

For now though?

A few teams have this guys report. Most don’t and are basically flying blind. As you can imagine, the teams that do are trying to keep it under wraps as much as possible. Because it is a huge advantage for them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not foolproof. A lot of variables in play for sure. That is why I am not claiming 100% success moving forward.

Also not luck based and there are scientific ways to evaluate QB decision making. And when those ways become mainstream (which I believe they will within the next 5 years) you will surely hear about them.

For now though?

A few teams have this guys report. Most don’t and are basically flying blind. As you can imagine, the teams that do are trying to keep it under wraps as much as possible. Because it is a huge advantage for them.

I'm really calling bullshit on this one. There is no deep-seeded scientific formula that works off of big data analytics here.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it's why Haskins probably will fail...has more to do with the organization and being one of the worst in the NFL. Sit him for a couple years, getting him good coaching and this kid can develop plenty, he already has some great traits. He just needs time with footwork and habits. WAS knew when they drafted him he was a developmental QB and yet they continue to do the wrong things to build their organization. I am going to laugh when they give up on Haskins after not even a year and a half on this team. What did you really expect?
Same with Rosen....he has been in 2 shitty situations.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsom is actually a great Governor and shut down CA pretty quickly when the shit hit the fan there.

He has handled this well.

Outside of that, he's a glitter toothed moron and handling this thing is likely to be the only highlight of his hopefully, 1 term.

I mean, the first thing he did when he took office was break a campaign promise on an issue that Californians have repeatedly voted for in large numbers. If memory serves, it was literally his first act as Governor.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Louis Riddick more than Lance's source.....and Riddick loves Tua.

And so do I. But I am just some sports message board goober.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Rosen....he has been in 2 shitty situations.

Yeah, we really screwed Rosen big time. We aimed for a flat out complete rebuild, then after trading for Rosen, signed Fitz and made him our starter. In hindsight, trading for Rosen was worthless and cost us a 2nd round pick.

On the flip side, that's two organizations that have essentially quit on him. So the jury may already be out on him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has handled this well.

Outside of that, he's a glitter toothed moron and handling this thing is likely to be the only highlight of his hopefully, 1 term.

I mean, the first thing he did when he took office was break a campaign promise on an issue that Californians have repeatedly voted for in large numbers. If memory serves, it was literally his first act as Governor.
Name a politician who hasn't.....feel free to criticize Trump for that as well.....since he did also.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we really screwed Rosen big time. We aimed for a flat out complete rebuild, then after trading for Rosen, signed Fitz and made him our starter. In hindsight, trading for Rosen was worthless and cost us a 2nd round pick.

On the flip side, that's two organizations that have essentially quit on him. So the jury may already be out on him.
Yep.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Louis Riddick more than Lance's source.....and Riddick loves Tua.

And so do I. But I am just some sports message board goober.

There is no science to finding QBs that these teams are clamoring for with one source. Most of it's fairly common knowledge - don't draft some dipshit that's all plastered over social media and acting like an idiot. Make sure he's not a flat slob and has a great work ethic. Leadership is an underrated aspect. And on top of that, he needs to be cerebral and have good mechanics. The rest is a bit of luck and the right landing spot.

Tua may very well be a bust. I have no idea. May be because he capped out in college OR that injuries get the best of him.

No one thought Tom Brady was going to go down as one of the best QBs given he was drafted in the 6th round and his combine was a joke; which is a metric a lot of these teams go off of on some evaluations. And Bellichick fell into Brady, at one point he was a 3rd string QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

Granted it was 1 season, but Burrow showed highly advanced ability to read the field even against those elite defenses. That is the 1 thing all great QBs have in common. Advanced decision making skills. I don’t believe Tua possesses that skill set, and I do believe that Burrow does.
Always say when my team is looking at a QB if his best attribute is size and/or big arm I'll pass. Give me accurate and smart.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it for what it is worth.

Tua going to bust. Not because of injuries. You heard it here first. Get back to me in about 4-5 years.
Ok...but you could just say every QB is going to bust and be right more than you are wrong. Even every 1st round QB.