• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, with very few exceptions, a rookie qb should never start in the NFL. People think that it takes point guards awhile to truly learn the NBA...try being an NFL quarterback. lol

Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play. In his rookie season, he completed 56.7% of his passes with 26 td's and 28 ints.

He didn't have a season where he threw fewer than 15 picks until his 5th season.

I think the way they have rookie deals set up now, is both good and bad for qb's depending on the approach a teams takes.

It makes it easier for a team to let a guy sit and learn for 3 or so years before having him take over as the starter because they aren't paying a guy a huge amount of money to hold a clipboard...

But it also makes it easier to move on from him if they play him right away and he wasn't ready or someone they like better comes along.

Good points, agreed. Peyton obviously didn't have a solid rookie year. Yet RG III had 20 TD, only 5 int's (815 yards rushing & 7 TD's) & was a Pro Bowler.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're better than this.

If you have some industry insider who hasn't been wrong yet, why isn't he an NFL GM? And if he is, I call bullshit, because a perfect GM doesn't exist.

Don't tell Jerry Jones a perfect GM doesn't exist.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Herbert more in the bust territory. I've seen a lot of people already predict that he's got that label fitted for him. I never saw him take over games and often times lose games to subpar teams. He never 'wowed' me during his collegiate career.

I've seen Tua come off the bench and lead his team in a comeback in a national title game after sitting behind Hurts for most of the season.
This.

Injury concerns aside....Tua has the most upside and he's very efficient.

It's why he's being compared to Brees.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 NY deaths are dropping fast. 243 today

NICE.

Y'all gonna be partying in Times Square this time next week. lol

Just kidding of course.

Glad to see that it's not just lower, but looks like it's significantly so. That's great news. You guys need something breaking your way, you've been really hit hard.

I can't stand our Governor here, he's a fucking glitter toothed moron.

But I also believe in giving credit where it's due. I watched part of his update this afternoon and I like his plan.

He was laying out a 4 step process that actually makes a lot of sense.

He said that right now, we are in step 1...stay at home orders, limiting being out in public, but some grocery stores, etc. are starting to loosen some of the restrictions (mainly just number of people allowed in at a time).

Phase 2: which he said should happen over the next few weeks would be further lifting of restrictions. I didn't catch all of it, but basically it seems like it would be starting open some things (restaurants, etc.) but with limited occupancy. Maybe opening parks, that kind of thing. I didn't catch all of phase 2.

Phase 3: would be opening some of the more risky stuff (gyms, hair salons, barber shops, etc.)

Phase 4: would be fully opening things back up, so concerts, sporting events, etc.

Presumably, things like sporting events with no spectators would later in Phase 2 or part of Phase 3.

I think we could start Phase 2 (at least for much of the state) as soon as this weekend, so I disagree with him there...but at this point, I'm not going to criticize him for being cautious.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.

Haskins is going to be a massive bust. Should not have said he is a bust.

And I was saying that before he played his first game. Did not see much last year to make me change my mind. And that is the problem. They have to give him 2-3 years which will essentially be wasted. There are some solid pieces to start to build around in DC if they had a league average QB. Haskins won’t ever be that.

Only time will tell. It won't be wasted if you know how to develop a QB who has some great qualities to be a starting QB once he puts it all together, you just have to be patient and the guys to develop him. I am not saying he will be an All-Pro but he can much better than average.
But the reasons you gave it's on the Redskins and their upper management (especially if they give up on him after this year), that's why they are so one of the worst in the NFL. Anyone that watched Haskins knew he needed to be developed and probably sit 2-3 years. If he would have went to a better organization with a true veteran QB to learn from he wouldn't see the field...and he gets on the field by game 9 on a shitstorm lol.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more worried Tua would fall to the Chargers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Love is gonna rival Tua for best QB in this draft.....just give Love 2-3 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he definitely does have potential. But unfortunately for him, he's saddled with a poor organization in Washington that seems to mishandle a lot of situations and talent that they come across. I think Alex Smith going down the way he did forced them to jump immediately into the future. But my plan with Haskins would've been to have him set behind Smith for 2-3 years and evaluate. If he's a bust, move on. If not, you played it right from Washington's perspective.

Yep and it's why Haskins probably will fail...has more to do with the organization and being one of the worst in the NFL. Sit him for a couple years, getting him good coaching and this kid can develop plenty, he already has some great traits. He just needs time with footwork and habits. WAS knew when they drafted him he was a developmental QB and yet they continue to do the wrong things to build their organization. I am going to laugh when they give up on Haskins after not even a year and a half on this team. What did you really expect?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the difference to me...there are QB that are BUSTS, flat out busts, and there are guys that never amounted to their full potential bc they went to shitty organizations and had poor development. It's hard to see which are which at times though in the big picture. It also has to do with who developed them in college, some just went to systems that weren't built to thrive in the NFL...I do things have changed some with college and NFL systems being more alike nowadays. I think this could be better for players, especially QB's, but they still need to traits, work ethic and talent to survive...that's in any sport.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're better than this.

If you have some industry insider who hasn't been wrong yet, why isn't he an NFL GM? And if he is, I call bullshit, because a perfect GM doesn't exist.

ok.

But when I keep getting these right, you will see.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come all those scouts don't know what they are doing and you do? Shouldn't you get a job somewhere? And there's a lot of money at stake, you would think the people that know would be found by now.

I don’t know shit about analyzing football players.

But I know a guy that does.

And he does have a job consulting with a small number of NFL teams.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM.

I have been going nuts on my days off lately.

Yes getting stir crazy so just crossing over the four year old in the driveway just for shits and giggles lol

Daddy can still dribble...my jumper a little rough tho