• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you could disagree with that. I do agree that arm strength has a significant overvalue from a scouting perspective. But if the data was available to the point you can pinpoint it down to an exact science, then you wouldn't have the misses that you see at QB. Everyone and their cousin questioned Andy Reid a few years ago when he traded for Pat Mahomes. People didn't really think that Russel Wilson would be a start QB in the league. Some even thought Lamar Jackson should switch to WR and that his skillset wouldn't translate to the league - yet he just won MVP.

LOL. I am not going to say anymore.

But let’s do revisit this in a few years.

For the record:

Burrow: going to be very good
Herbert: Solid franchise QB, probably nothing special
Tua: Bust. Going to be inconsistent and mistake prone
Love: Bust

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record:

So you're saying Herbert's going to have a better QB than Tua? Really? I'm not going to disagree on Burrow, I think he's solid.

But Oregon has never put out a QB worth a damn. And Herbert had the decision making issues you cited. Especially in a conference where there's little to no defense in the Pac-12. Dude also had the best OL in college.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, end of the day, I don't care what a guys arm talent is (as long as he can throw lol). Give me the smarter player with less arm talent every time.

Example, I don't know if Jeff George had the best arm talent in league history, but I'd put him in the convo.

His career didn't come close to what it should have been based on his arm, because he was a poor decision maker.

I agree with this. But I just don't see Tua as a chronic poor decision maker that's been cited. He's had one mediocre game that can be brought up, but that was against an all-time great LSU team that made Trevor Lawrence look bad as well and shut down OU in the playoffs.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

And I think Haskins is a massive bust too.
Haskins will make or break this year

Redskins got a few interesting offensive weapons in the draft.
Rivera will have a short leash on him will Allen in the mix

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow had high question marks coming out as well. If we're going to make an argument against Tua for having a stacked team, the same could be said for Burrow as well. In fact, Tua had always played at a high level, regardless of who his OC was. Some are putting Joe Brady as the reason Burrow was able to succeed.

And multiple NFL experts have said that if Tua didn't have his injury history, he likely would've been the #1 draft pick this year. That's his one knock against him, albeit a significant one.

I've seen enough Alabama games to know that decision making wasn't a huge issue with Tua. For the 3 years he's been at Bama, he has 11 interceptions to his name, I would hardly say that's a clear indicator that he has decision making issues.

Is he a guy that's going to step in and put up Mahomes numbers in the first year or even at all? Probably not. But, he's definitely not a for-sure bust heading into the NFL.
maybe before the yaer started Tua was higher rated than Burrow- but Burrow's season was one of the greatest for a college QB of all time.

the TD passes-- the dude completed like 76% of his passes in the SEC- thats bonkers. if tua was 100% healthy he still goes behind Burrow after the season Borrow had- esp. because Burrow has protoype size and tua is 6 foot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record:

Burrow: Franchise QB, his floor is higher and ceiling very high.
Herbert: I feel like his ceiling is limited and his floor is also very low. I don't see him being very good. Another Bortles.
Tua: Ceiling high imo but too many factors. He has a great arm but he does have some tendencies he needs to fix. He is still a work-in-progress QB with serious injury concerns.
Love: Huge question mark. He is far from a full product. 3 years in this system under Rodgers can go a LONG way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Herbert's going to have a better QB than Tua? Really? I'm not going to disagree on Burrow, I think he's solid.

But Oregon has never put out a QB worth a damn. And Herbert had the decision making issues you cited. Especially in a conference where there's little to no defense in the Pac-12. Dude also had the best OL in college.

Yes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. But I just don't see Tua as a chronic poor decision maker that's been cited. He's had one mediocre game that can be brought up, but that was against an all-time great LSU team that made Trevor Lawrence look bad as well and shut down OU in the playoffs.

He wasn’t a chronic poor decision maker in college because he had time and his guys were usually wide open.

I think he will struggle with decision making in the NFL and I have my reasons.

By the way, I don’t think Herbert will be great. Like Andy Dalton might be his ceiling. But I think he will be a solid low end starter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

And I think Haskins is a massive bust too.

Hard to say. He literally played a year and a half of football as a starting QB (1 year at Ohio St and 7 games for the Skins). He has A LOT to learn, we won't know his full product/potential possibly for 2-3 years. What he had around him last year in WAS was dogshit. He should have at least a decent OL this year, an experienced HC and a lot of young weapons, maybe not proven but athleticism and speed.
For havingdogshit around him he completed close to 60% of his passes 7 TD's and 7 INT's...I have definitely seen worse, seen worse from guys that started all 4 years in college.

Gonna have to be patient with Haskins unless they have the worst record and say fuck it, decide to give up on him for Lawrence. 23 games is not enough time I will tell you that much. Like I said, give him 2-3 years and rebuild around him and see what he's got. He has a lot of kinks and habits to work through and not much experience, but I'm sure the Skins knew this coming into it...big project QB. Honestly, the best thing for him was to sit for 2-3 years behind a veteran but he was throw into the fire on a bad team bc WAS really had no choice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. He literally played a year and a half of football as a starting QB (1 year at Ohio St and 7 games for the Skins). He has A LOT to learn, we won't know his full product/potential possibly for 2-3 years. What he had around him last year in WAS was dogshit. He should have at least a decent OL this year, an experienced HC and a lot of young weapons, maybe not proven but athleticism and speed.
For havingdogshit around him he completed close to 60% of his passes 7 TD's and 7 INT's...I have definitely seen worse, seen worse from guys that started all 4 years in college.

Gonna have to be patient with Haskins unless they have the worst record and say fuck it, decide to give up on him for Lawrence. 23 games is not enough time I will tell you that much. Like I said, give him 2-3 years and rebuild around him and see what he's got. He has a lot of kinks and habits to work through and not much experience, but I'm sure the Skins knew this coming into it...big project QB. Honestly, the best thing for him was to sit for 2-3 years behind a veteran but he was throw into the fire on a bad team bc WAS really had no choice.

When Washington drafted Haskins last year I said they should sit him for a couple of years. He's not NFL ready, but he has potential.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry.

Haskins is going to be a massive bust. Should not have said he is a bust.

And I was saying that before he played his first game. Did not see much last year to make me change my mind. And that is the problem. They have to give him 2-3 years which will essentially be wasted. There are some solid pieces to start to build around in DC if they had a league average QB. Haskins won’t ever be that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.

Haskins is going to be a massive bust. Should not have said he is a bust.

And I was saying that before he played his first game. Did not see much last year to make me change my mind. And that is the problem. They have to give him 2-3 years which will essentially be wasted. There are some solid pieces to start to build around in DC if they had a league average QB. Haskins won’t ever be that.

Hope you're wrong about Haskins. But a bad team starting a rookie who wasn't really ready to play in the first place was a bad idea. He shouldn't have started any games last year. But if he does fail I won't be surprised. Ohio State has never produced a productive NFL qb.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe before the yaer started Tua was higher rated than Burrow- but Burrow's season was one of the greatest for a college QB of all time.

the TD passes-- the dude completed like 76% of his passes in the SEC- thats bonkers. if tua was 100% healthy he still goes behind Burrow after the season Borrow had- esp. because Burrow has protoype size and tua is 6 foot.

Agreed to an extent. The one knock on Burrow was why didn't he pull this season off before Joe Brady get there. He's now going to a worst situation in Cincy. And he's also been in college for 4/5 years as opposed to Tua, so he's more mature.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn’t a chronic poor decision maker in college because he had time and his guys were usually wide open.

I think he will struggle with decision making in the NFL and I have my reasons.

By the way, I don’t think Herbert will be great. Like Andy Dalton might be his ceiling. But I think he will be a solid low end starter.

And I'm yet to hear those reasons.

Again, I'm not championing Tua as the next Marino. Hell, he may actually be a bust, outside of injury. I'm just starting the argument as comparing him to exactly Jameis is where I couldn't disagree more.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm yet to hear those reasons.

Again, I'm not championing Tua as the next Marino. Hell, he may actually be a bust, outside of injury. I'm just starting the argument as comparing him to exactly Jameis is where I couldn't disagree more.

Without going back & reading a bunch of comments comparing Tua to Jameis? Don't know about that. The only thing they have in common is they're both QB's. Mr. Crab Legs has been doing dumb things since his days at FSU. And I can't recall anything negative about Tua's actions on or off the field. Hope he's the right QB for your team. Franchise QB's are so damn tough to find.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Washington drafted Haskins last year I said they should sit him for a couple of years. He's not NFL ready, but he has potential.

Yeah, he definitely does have potential. But unfortunately for him, he's saddled with a poor organization in Washington that seems to mishandle a lot of situations and talent that they come across. I think Alex Smith going down the way he did forced them to jump immediately into the future. But my plan with Haskins would've been to have him set behind Smith for 2-3 years and evaluate. If he's a bust, move on. If not, you played it right from Washington's perspective.