• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they lost me a little in season 2 but redeemed themselves in season 3 for sure.

Really? I would ask in what way but dont want to spoil it for anyone.

I would rank the seasons like this

Season 2>3>1

But I think 2 & 3 are basically equal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I thing gives some credence to @tlance's point is that going into the 2005 draft, Rodgers actually wasn't expected to be there when the Packers picked him at 24. So, they essentially got a guy who was expected to go in the top 15 at 24.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone had Jordan Love as a first round pick.

Imo, the problem still isn't that they drafted Love where they did, near as much as it is the fact that they didn't address any needs with the other 6 picks.

But I can see why the Love pick would be questioned.
I do think some had Love in round 1, but that doesn't even matter .......I would be willing to bet if we could see every team's board at least a few would have had Love in the top 2-3 QBs of their rankings. Real GMs don't care what fake GMs think.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I would ask in what way but dont want to spoil it for anyone.

I would rank the seasons like this

Season 2>3>1

But I think 2 & 3 are basically equal

season 2 just seemed drug out and slow to me. Maybe just me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatles, you KNOW you're my boy. so i'm wishing you good luck on picking up up Tua. my concern was his injury history, but I definitely understand the need for an impact player at QB...

Thanks, man. Yeah, I know the injury history is there. But if Tua busts because of his injury history, I'm at piece with it. Lord knows Herbert has potential bust written all over him, and if I saw the Phins take Herbert over Tua, and the latter becomes a star, I think I'd be done watching football.

But yeah, the Phins had a draft that makes sense. They invested heavily on the line, and by all accounts are going to sit Tua out this year. So let the line gel, figure out who you got, then load up on skill players next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, man. Yeah, I know the injury history is there. But if Tua busts because of his injury history, I'm at piece with it. Lord knows Herbert has potential bust written all over him, and if I saw the Phins take Herbert over Tua, and the latter becomes a star, I think I'd be done watching football.

But yeah, the Phins had a draft that makes sense. They invested heavily on the line, and by all accounts are going to sit Tua out this year. So let the line gel, figure out who you got, then load up on skill players next year.

Tua struggled against the top college defenses. He throws a really pretty ball when guys are running wide open. Just don’t think that happens very often at the NFL level.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep the phins did the right thing. If Tua is a bust then that is life but the front office won't get criticized for the pick

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The woman brought me dinner to my job....chicken ceasar salad.....it was beautiful & delicious.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua struggled against the top college defenses. He throws a really pretty ball when guys are running wide open. Just don’t think that happens very often at the NFL level.

I'm curious where Tua struggled against top defenses. He struggled a bit against LSU and outside of that, Clemson who had 3 NFL 1st round defensive lineman in that title game. I also saw a guy who came in the 2nd half of a national title game against UGA and pull off a winner in OT.

More often than not, good QBs in college will struggle a bit against elite defenses.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious where Tua struggled against top defenses. He struggled a bit against LSU and outside of that, Clemson who had 3 NFL 1st round defensive lineman in that title game. I also saw a guy who came in the 2nd half of a national title game against UGA and pull off a winner in OT.

More often than not, good QBs in college will struggle a bit against elite defenses.

He was uneven in those games.

Just watch. I hope for your sake I am wrong, but I don’t think Tua will be very good. Profiles a lot like Jameis Winston, IMO. Will make a lot of mistakes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was uneven in those games.

Just watch. I hope for your sake I am wrong, but I don’t think Tua will be very good. Profiles a lot like Jameis Winston, IMO. Will make a lot of mistakes.

Jameis was a head case when he was at FSU and was constantly in trouble. Tua's been a saint off the field. That was the thing that everyone mentioned would be Jameis' undoing. So they're not even really comparable.

Tua's undoing could be injury history in college while he's shorter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis was a head case when he was at FSU and was constantly in trouble. Tua's been a saint off the field. That was the thing that everyone mentioned would be Jameis' undoing. So they're not even really comparable.

Tua's undoing could be injury history in college while he's shorter.

Forget off the field.

On the field I believe they are comparable. Tua has trouble with decision making when his opponent isn’t completely outmatched.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget off the field.

On the field I believe they are comparable. Tua has trouble with decision making when his opponent isn’t completely outmatched.
Might be true, but think you could say this about many top QBs. scheme for them also matters. I mean, if Burrow was drafted after 2018 he goes round 5-6...if he's lucky. also thinking a lineup littered with NFL skill players helps him.

Not a knock on Burrow. I like him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be true, but think you could say this about many top QBs. scheme for them also matters. I mean, if Burrow was drafted after 2018 he goes round 5-6...if he's lucky. also thinking a lineup littered with NFL skill players helps him.

Not a knock on Burrow. I like him.

For sure.

Granted it was 1 season, but Burrow showed highly advanced ability to read the field even against those elite defenses. That is the 1 thing all great QBs have in common. Advanced decision making skills. I don’t believe Tua possesses that skill set, and I do believe that Burrow does.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay this is the worst starting 5 I can think of at the moment.

PG- Bryce Drew
SG- Swappy P
SF- Anthony Bennett
PF- Chris Dudley
C- Greg Kite

You know this skilled group of ballers is in alotta trouble when this fella's the best player.

giphy (3).gif