• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the over under on NFL games Love starts was set at 32, I would take the under.

So you don't think he starts less than 2 full seasons of football when rodgers is gone in 3 years or so?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think he starts less than 2 full seasons of football when rodgers is gone in 3 years or so?
Uh, well, that's kind of what he said

Also, 17 games now!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I don’t.

because like I said, I am betting he will bust.

Arm talent doesn’t make up for poor decision making skills.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the over under on NFL games Love starts was set at 32, I would take the under.

And the Packers were in the NFC championship game last year. Worrying about 2023 is the best way to make sure they don’t contend again in 2021 and 2022.

Failing to land a single WR in this class when that position is a glaring weakness for your team is an epic fail. No other way to describe that. And picking Love was just the start. Following that up with a 2 down thumper RB with the next pick when their next best offensive player last year was Aaron Jones is just plain crazy.

The Packers dropped the ball. When they inevitably regress next season, this draft is why.

Like I said, haven't seen a lot of him, but from what I have seen, he looks like he at least has the physical tools.

And the Packers went 13-3 and went to the NFC Championship Game the season before Rodgers took over. They were 10-6 and made the playoffs the season before they drafted Rodgers.

Some teams prefer to let a player go a season too soon rather than a season too late. They did it with Favre and they may be looking to do it again.

Also, I'm pretty sure they had more than 1 draft pick. So, while not addressing other needs, especially wide receiver, is obviously a fail on their part, it has nothing to do with Love.

NFL.com graded the Packers an A- for day 1 of the draft, but gave them a D for day 2 and a C for day 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, haven't seen a lot of him, but from what I have seen, he looks like he at least has the physical tools.

And the Packers went 13-3 and went to the NFC Championship Game the season before Rodgers took over. They were 10-6 and made the playoffs the season before they drafted Rodgers.

Some teams prefer to let a player go a season too soon rather than a season too late. They did it with Favre and they may be looking to do it again.

Also, I'm pretty sure they had more than 1 draft pick. So, while not addressing other needs, especially wide receiver, is obviously a fail on their part, it has nothing to do with Love.

NFL.com graded the Packers an A- for day 1 of the draft, but gave them a D for day 2 and a C for day 3.

Again, Love is not Rodgers.

There is a long list of failed QBs who have all the physical tools, yet every year scouts become enamored with that big armed kid who struggles with decision making.

In reality, Love should have been drafted about where Eason was taken. Because is a major project. Decision making skills are absolutely the most important thing for a QB, and Love is weak there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know this how? By all of the NFL games he has under his belt or by all of times you saw him play in college?

There is a long list of failed QBs who have all the physical tools, yet every year scouts become enamored with that big armed kid who struggles with decision making.

And you don't think spending a couple of seasons watching Rodgers and being coached up would help with his decision making? Often times, those big armed quarterbacks who fail are coming in touted as the savior and expected to start and star right away.

Tom Brady isn't Aaron Rodgers either. He was a 6th round draft pick and has said that if he had gone to a team where he had to play right away, he'd have been out of the league in a few years.

I'm not saying this kid will be Brady or even Rodgers. But I'm also not going to say he won't last past 16 starts when he hasn't even had a training camp yet.

In reality, Love should have been drafted about where Eason was taken. Because is a major project. Decision making skills are absolutely the most important thing for a QB, and Love is weak there.

Good thing they don't need him to start right away then, huh?

You act like they're expecting Love to come in and take over. Unless you think they're going to get rid of Rodgers right away and throw this kid to the wolves, he should have a couple of seasons to observe, learn the NFL and get coached up on his decision making.

I agree that they likely took him sooner than they needed to, but that doesn't mean that drafting was a fail or even a particularly bad one considering Rodgers age.

Even if Love doesn't amount to anything in the NFL, drafting him wasn't the fail in this draft. Not using any of their other draft picks to directly address other needs was.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said earlier, if a team believes in a player, especially a quarterback, they are usually going to take him, even when it doesn't look like it's necessary or they could have waited.

In 2012, the Seahawks had just signed Matt Flynn to a pretty big contract to be their starting qb. But they ended up drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd round and everyone criticized the pick.

8 years later, no one is criticizing that pick and some say he's the best qb in the NFL right now (although I'm sure some Chiefs fans might disagree lol).

Again, not saying he'll be Russell Wilson either, but I don't think many thought that Russell Wilson was going to be Russell Wilson when the Seahawks took him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From nbcsports.com

Draymond Green: Steve Kerr wrote me a four page letter. I barely read it, threw it away, appreciated it

"I was at one point where I'm like, yo, if he says one more thing to me, I'm about to F-ing lose it on him." :pound:

Outside of all players from ann arbor Draymond's the only former BigTen player I dislike.

Too bad there isn't a way the '18 Warriors could play the '96 Bulls. Rodman would have driven KD & Dray insane.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, if a team believes in a player, especially a quarterback, they are usually going to take him, even when it doesn't look like it's necessary or they could have waited.

In 2012, the Seahawks had just signed Matt Flynn to a pretty big contract to be their starting qb. But they ended up drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd round and everyone criticized the pick.

8 years later, no one is criticizing that pick and some say he's the best qb in the NFL right now (although I'm sure some Chiefs fans might disagree lol).

Again, not saying he'll be Russell Wilson either, but I don't think many thought that Russell Wilson was going to be Russell Wilson when the Seahawks took him.

Did you know Orange Kush Keef cola has a slight weedy aftertaste? Dammit, wrong thread. :doh:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they don't need him to start right away then, huh?

You act like they're expecting Love to come in and take over. Unless you think they're going to get rid of Rodgers right away and throw this kid to the wolves, he should have a couple of seasons to observe, learn the NFL and get coached up on his decision making.

I agree that they likely took him sooner than they needed to, but that doesn't mean that drafting was a fail or even a particularly bad one considering Rodgers age.

Yeah I don't see the issue with them drafting Love. Problem is they didn't use their 2nd or 3rd round pick on a WR when they should have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see the issue with them drafting Love. Problem is they didn't use their 2nd or 3rd round pick on a WR when they should have.

Agree.

To be completely fair to @tlance, after the Packers took Love at 26, the Dolphins and Vikings took CB's at 30 and 31 and the Bengals and Colts took WR's at 33 and 34. Those are both positions of need for the Packers.

But it's also a lot easier to find CB's and WR's than QB's. Some teams haven't found a QB in decades.

Heck, I don't think the Bears have had a QB since McMahon and I don't think the Dolphins have had one since Marino.

I don't think my Seahawks had anyone decent after Jim Zorn until Russell Wilson came along.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draymond is so delusional. To include himself with Klay and Steph as they changed the game of basketball is hilarious.

Steph and Klay did that. The game of basketball would be exactly the same if it wasn't for those 2. Ridiculous to include himself in that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you like the Delpit selection? I thought it was a good one. But I wanted the Browns to take Antoine Winfield, Jr. I watched his father play in HS. We also went to the same HS.
wanted either so I loved it. Also picked up the extra 5th they used on the TE in the deal to move down when they took Delpit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you repeat everthing. I didn't get past Like I said. I got distracted.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanted either so I loved it. Also picked up the extra 5th they used on the TE in the deal to move down when they took Delpit.

All in all I thought it was a good draft for the Browns. Really hope the # 10 pick (can't think of his name) is the real deal & can step in as a rookie.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with what they did if they think Love is good. They're preparing for the future. I don't think they want Rodgers on their team at age 40. Rodger has not been anything special recently and he's only in his mid 30's. Imagine when he get into the late 30's
while I agree with this I lean more to what tlance said. Sure, IF they think Love can be elite and was maybe the top or 2nd best QB on their board I get taking him there. If not..........?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the NBA draft? Will Wiseman be the # 1 pick?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thing with QB's though, is that if you have one you really like, you need to take him.

Also, to be fair to Love, we don't know what he is yet. He might be better than Rodgers. From the little I've seen of him, athletically speaking, Love looks to be on or close to Rodgers level.

The difference right now, imo, is the difference in level of competition in college. Rodgers was at a P-5 school in the PAC-12. He was at Cal when USC was starting their run and even beat them once. We just don't know how Love would have fared facing P-5 teams all season

Unless something happens to Rodgers, we're not likely to see much of Love for 2-3 years anyway.

Having said that, I don't know how many picks they have, but it does look like they may have taken him sooner than they needed to. Maybe they got spooked that someone else was going to grab him before they got the chance?
First thing you said nailed it. They may Love the guy and if they do then he's a QB/........you take him.

Real FOs don't care what fake GMs think of a guy. I'd even be willing to bet if we could see all 32 draft boards more than a few would have had Love as their #2 guy (maybe even #1) at QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Packers were in the NFC championship game last year. Worrying about 2023 is the best way to make sure they don’t contend again in 2021 and 2022.

Failing to land a single WR in this class when that position is a glaring weakness for your team is an epic fail. No other way to describe that. And picking Love was just the start. Following that up with a 2 down thumper RB with the next pick when their next best offensive player last year was Aaron Jones is just plain crazy.

The Packers dropped the ball. When they inevitably regress next season, this draft is why.
I don't disagree with your point about the WR and RB, but that doesn't make the pick of Love a bad one. Fact that most QBs picked there not amounting much might though.