• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don’t have a problem with them getting a QB because Rodgers has already signaled he is about done. I guess we will see if they got a good one but I don’t know that they did. Rodgers is a bit of a strange dude so who knows how he reacts to this.

Eh.

Not a fan of the strategy.

Why invest a high pick in his replacement right now? When he retires they will take a massive hit no matter what. Invest in other areas to maximize your window with Rodgers. Then rebuild when he retires. Drafting his replacement now doesn’t help them unless they can do it cheaply by finding an hidden gem on day 3.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boring, but seems like a solid choice. Liked #2 pick as well. was hoping for baun in the 3rd so question the trade down, but we'll see.

How did you like the Delpit selection? I thought it was a good one. But I wanted the Browns to take Antoine Winfield, Jr. I watched his father play in HS. We also went to the same HS.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Not a fan of the strategy.

Why invest a high pick in his replacement right now? When he retires they will take a massive hit no matter what. Invest in other areas to maximize your window with Rodgers. Then rebuild when he retires. Drafting his replacement now doesn’t help them unless they can do it cheaply by finding an hidden gem on day 3.

yeah I side with you, if you do this you better get a guy you know for sure will be the guy. That said, I think Rodgers is the same age Favre was when they drafted Rodgers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I side with you, if you do this you better get a guy you know for sure will be the guy. That said, I think Rodgers is the same age Favre was when they drafted Rodgers.

And that seems to have worked out okay. lol

Yeah, Favre was the same age Rodgers is now when they drafted Rodgers in 2005. Rodgers took over after the 2007 season, they went 6-10 in his first season as a starter, then were back in the playoffs the following season.

They're likely looking to do what they did with Rodgers and give Love a couple of seasons to learn before starting him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that seems to have worked out okay. lol

Yeah, Favre was the same age Rodgers is now when they drafted Rodgers in 2005. Rodgers took over after the 2007 season, they went 6-10 in his first season as a starter, then were back in the playoffs the following season.

They're likely looking to do what they did with Rodgers and give Love a couple of seasons to learn before starting him.

There is a huge difference between Love and Rodgers as prospects though.

Rodgers was under consideration for #1 overall, then he fell unexpectedly. Some teams like Love for sure, but I have not seen any scouts grade him as top 3 QB and some have him behind Eason or Fromm.

I think they were trying to recreate the Rodgers scenario with this pick, but got way too cute. Love is not Rodgers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers was under consideration for #1 overall, then he fell unexpectedly. Some teams like Love for sure, but I have not seen any scouts grade him as top 3 QB and some have him behind Eason or Fromm.

I think they were trying to recreate the Rodgers scenario with this pick, but got way too cute. Love is not Rodgers.

I don't have a problem with what they did if they think Love is good. They're preparing for the future. I don't think they want Rodgers on their team at age 40. Rodger has not been anything special recently and he's only in his mid 30's. Imagine when he get into the late 30's

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hace Calor.....

It's been high 90's here all week.

Still not getting in the Fucking pool...lol

I'm days away from going home.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hace Calor.....

It's been high 90's here all week.

Still not getting in the Fucking pool...lol

I'm days away from going home.

ok I learned something today. Not many of these bozos I would go look something up to make sure I understood! Glad you are getting close to going home.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, thing with QB's though, is that if you have one you really like, you need to take him.

Also, to be fair to Love, we don't know what he is yet. He might be better than Rodgers. From the little I've seen of him, athletically speaking, Love looks to be on or close to Rodgers level.

The difference right now, imo, is the difference in level of competition in college. Rodgers was at a P-5 school in the PAC-12. He was at Cal when USC was starting their run and even beat them once. We just don't know how Love would have fared facing P-5 teams all season

Unless something happens to Rodgers, we're not likely to see much of Love for 2-3 years anyway.

Having said that, I don't know how many picks they have, but it does look like they may have taken him sooner than they needed to. Maybe they got spooked that someone else was going to grab him before they got the chance?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok I learned something today. Not many of these bozos I would go look something up to make sure I understood! Glad you are getting close to going home.
Lol

People around here have convinced themselves that the heat/sunlight will keep the virus at bay.

Maybe it will...

It's not a farfetched idea like guzzling bleach.

But, I'm not willing to jeopardize making it home to find out...lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thing with QB's though, is that if you have one you really like, you need to take him.

Also, to be fair to Love, we don't know what he is yet. He might be better than Rodgers. From the little I've seen of him, athletically speaking, Love looks to be on or close to Rodgers level.

The difference right now, imo, is the difference in level of competition in college. Rodgers was at a P-5 school in the PAC-12. He was at Cal when USC was starting their run and even beat them once. We just don't know how Love would have fared facing P-5 teams all season

Unless something happens to Rodgers, we're not likely to see much of Love for 2-3 years anyway.

Having said that, I don't know how many picks they have, but it does look like they may have taken him sooner than they needed to. Maybe they got spooked that someone else was going to grab him before they got the chance?
I was a huge fan of taking him at 19 and letting him sit for a year or 2.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the over under on NFL games Love starts was set at 32, I would take the under.

And the Packers were in the NFC championship game last year. Worrying about 2023 is the best way to make sure they don’t contend again in 2021 and 2022.

Failing to land a single WR in this class when that position is a glaring weakness for your team is an epic fail. No other way to describe that. And picking Love was just the start. Following that up with a 2 down thumper RB with the next pick when their next best offensive player last year was Aaron Jones is just plain crazy.

The Packers dropped the ball. When they inevitably regress next season, this draft is why.