• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all I thought it was a good draft for the Browns. Really hope the # 10 pick (can't think of his name) is the real deal & can step in as a rookie.
agree...gave my reasoning in an earlier post than this one (pretty much covered entire offseason).

I do like they took guys who excelled for top schools. Other than the TE...but he won the Mackey Award.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trueee.

Rodgers also usually miss a few games so yeah I take the over on that
I'd go under but only because the odds probably favors the under when it comes to QBs taken around where they got Love.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Love is not Rodgers.

There is a long list of failed QBs who have all the physical tools, yet every year scouts become enamored with that big armed kid who struggles with decision making.

In reality, Love should have been drafted about where Eason was taken. Because is a major project. Decision making skills are absolutely the most important thing for a QB, and Love is weak there.
But you say this with hindsight. Even though you "heard" AR would go higher he did not. I'm sure many thought the same when he was picked in that it was a wasted pick for favre and the team.

Where I agree is if they did this because it worked once then that could be a massive fail.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree...gave my reasoning in an earlier post than this one (pretty much covered entire offseason).

I do like they took guys who excelled for top schools. Other than the TE...but he won the Mackey Award.

I kinda hope that Peoples-Jones kid gets arrested trying to pick up a tranvestite hooker on Lake Shore Blvd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, if a team believes in a player, especially a quarterback, they are usually going to take him, even when it doesn't look like it's necessary or they could have waited.

In 2012, the Seahawks had just signed Matt Flynn to a pretty big contract to be their starting qb. But they ended up drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd round and everyone criticized the pick.

8 years later, no one is criticizing that pick and some say he's the best qb in the NFL right now (although I'm sure some Chiefs fans might disagree lol).

Again, not saying he'll be Russell Wilson either, but I don't think many thought that Russell Wilson was going to be Russell Wilson when the Seahawks took him.
including his own team...or they don't wait until round 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it is the usual weekend numbers not showing the real thing but based on the governors press briefings from today, a total of 442 deaths from NYS and NJ yesterday

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all I thought it was a good draft for the Browns. Really hope the # 10 pick (can't think of his name) is the real deal & can step in as a rookie.
my mistake....my offseason analysis was not here. Here goes..

this offseason for the Browns started with glaring holes at OT, LB, safety and TE and DL depth. Plus backup QB. They completely rebuilt the OL, TE is stacked now, and safety has a chance to be really solid now. They added a very good backup QB. DL looks a lot deeper with Clayborn, Billings, and Elliot. LB looks weak still, but maybe this is a low priority position for them, and it’s only been 1 offseason. In addition, still some decent FAs out there or could get someone after final cuts if they want.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who suggested Ozark to the congregation?

No, seriously.....

which one of you ASSHOLES brought this up on me?

I.

Cant.

Stop.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaatttttccccchhhhhing!?!?!?

I started on Season 2 at 11pm last night and I'm still up waaaaaatttching!!!!!

When does Season 4 start?!?

Wheeeeeeeen!!!????

I'm so tired.

tenor.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, seriously.....

I.

Cant.

Stop.

Wheeeeeeeen!!!????

I'm so tired.

tenor.gif

LMAO it is amazing. I just wonder why I didn't know anything about it until a few weeks ago.

I believe it was @Heatles84 or @raptorlife4 who suggested it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with your point about the WR and RB, but that doesn't make the pick of Love a bad one. Fact that most QBs picked there not amounting much might though.

I have my reasons for my opinion.

Time will tell if it is correct.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my mistake....my offseason analysis was not here. Here goes..

this offseason for the Browns started with glaring holes at OT, LB, safety and TE and DL depth. Plus backup QB. They completely rebuilt the OL, TE is stacked now, and safety has a chance to be really solid now. They added a very good backup QB. DL looks a lot deeper with Clayborn, Billings, and Elliot. LB looks weak still, but maybe this is a low priority position for them, and it’s only been 1 offseason. In addition, still some decent FAs out there or could get someone after final cuts if they want.

No reason they shouldn’t be good at this point. Most of not all of last years obstacles have been removed.

If they fail, IMO, that will be on Baker and ODB’s shoulders.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason they shouldn’t be good at this point. Most of not all of last years obstacles have been removed.

If they fail, IMO, that will be on Baker and ODB’s shoulders.
If Baker is closer to 2019 baker I agree. and if they fail that's probably what would have to happen. Cannot imagine anyone has more talent around him on offense than Baker does now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with your point about the WR and RB, but that doesn't make the pick of Love a bad one. Fact that most QBs picked there not amounting much might though.

One thing that I think gives some credence to @tlance's point is that going into the 2005 draft, Rodgers actually wasn't expected to be there when the Packers picked him at 24. So, they essentially got a guy who was expected to go in the top 15 at 24.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone had Jordan Love as a first round pick.

Imo, the problem still isn't that they drafted Love where they did, near as much as it is the fact that they didn't address any needs with the other 6 picks.

But I can see why the Love pick would be questioned.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, seriously.....

I.

Cant.

Stop.

Wheeeeeeeen!!!????

I'm so tired.

tenor.gif

Don't think it was me but I'm all caught up too

Great show