• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without going back & reading a bunch of comments comparing Tua to Jameis? Don't know about that. The only thing they have in common is they're both QB's. Mr. Crab Legs has been doing dumb things since his days at FSU. And I can't recall anything negative about Tua's actions on or off the field. Hope he's the right QB for your team. Franchise QB's are so damn tough to find.

On the first, that's the main issue that Jameis had coming out. He's shit for maturity. If you have a QB that's mentally immature, you're screwed.

On the latter, that's why I've been saying. Like offensive linemen, it's difficult to determine what QB's going to succeed at the next level. Peyton Manning came into the NFL and threw a crap ton of picks where people started labeling him a bust. You have to watch for the clear signs in picking your QB - Leadership and maturity, along with mechanis. Outside of that, it's almost pure luck.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he definitely does have potential. But unfortunately for him, he's saddled with a poor organization in Washington that seems to mishandle a lot of situations and talent that they come across. I think Alex Smith going down the way he did forced them to jump immediately into the future. But my plan with Haskins would've been to have him set behind Smith for 2-3 years and evaluate. If he's a bust, move on. If not, you played it right from Washington's perspective.

All Redskins fans should be happy the Browns are around. Because if Jimmy Haslam wasn't around Dan Snyder would have the title worst owner in the league.There's a reason Washington 's had so many issues for years. It starts at the top. Same problem my team has.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the first, that's the main issue that Jameis had coming out. He's shit for maturity. If you have a QB that's mentally immature, you're screwed.

On the latter, that's why I've been saying. Like offensive linemen, it's difficult to determine what QB's going to succeed at the next level. Peyton Manning came into the NFL and threw a crap ton of picks where people started labeling him a bust. You have to watch for the clear signs in picking your QB - Leadership and maturity, along with mechanis. Outside of that, it's almost pure luck.

Mentally immature QB's? Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean- Johnny Manziel.

Had to look the #'s up but Peyton threw 43 int's his frist 32 games. And still holds the rookie record for picks (28). His first 5 years he threw 100 int's. His career turned out okay I'd say.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Redskins fans should be happy the Browns are around. Because if Jimmy Haslam wasn't around Dan Snyder would have the title worst owner in the league.There's a reason Washington 's had so many issues for years. It starts at the top. Same problem my team has.

I'm almost in the same boat. Stephen Ross is not that far off. He may have landed into a good coach with Flores. But for awhile, he had Mike Tannebaum who bombed when he was GM for the Jets and everyone knew how that was going to end.

I feel better about Tua once Tannebaum came out and said the Phins made a huge mistake drafting him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost in the same boat. Stephen Ross is not that far off. He may have landed into a good coach with Flores. But for awhile, he had Mike Tannebaum who bombed when he was GM for the Jets and everyone knew how that was going to end.

I feel better about Tua once Tannebaum came out and said the Phins made a huge mistake drafting him.

Having a rotating coaching carousel is doom for any team. My dysfunctional team's had something like 23 since '99. But I say if an owner doesn't really care about winning then a teams fortunes won't improve.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Davis would like a word with you

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Davis would like a word with you

I spaced out. Couldn't think of who Marc Davis is, had to look it up. WTF is with his hair? Looks like he just puts a cereal bowl on his head & cuts whatever's hanging out.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spaced out. Couldn't think of who Marc Davis is, had to look it up. WTF is with his hair? Looks like he just puts a cereal bowl on his head & cuts whatever's hanging out.

Wow just now introduced to that dude's hair?

I'm befuddled how a man that rich hasn't had someone tell him to fix his shit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm yet to hear those reasons.

Again, I'm not championing Tua as the next Marino. Hell, he may actually be a bust, outside of injury. I'm just starting the argument as comparing him to exactly Jameis is where I couldn't disagree more.

That is because I haven’t told you what they are.

Got some info from an industry insider who hasn’t been wrong yet. And that is all I am going to say.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright. This will take a long time to prove.

But, if I can successfully sort the first round QB stars and the 1st round QB busts with 75% success or greater over the next 5 years, will you admit it isn’t luck?

Because I can assure you that it isn’t. I can also assure you that most NFL scouts aren’t using the right information to gauge QB decision making, and that is why most people (even many scouts) would agree with you that it is impossible to assess.

Bust will be defined by a player not receiving franchise QB starter $ on his first FA contract.

This year, Burrow = star, Tua and Love = bust

Last year Murray = star and Haskins = bust

Jones and Herbert in the middle. Not saying they won’t bust, but less likely than the guys I listed, IMO.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, if I can successfully sort the first round QB stars and the 1st round QB busts with 75% success or greater over the next 5 years, will you admit it isn’t luck?

Because I can assure you that it isn’t. I can also assure you that most NFL scouts aren’t using the right information to gauge QB decision making, and that is why most people (even many scouts) would agree with you that it is impossible to assess.

Bust will be defined by a player not receiving franchise QB starter $ on his first FA contract.

Jones and Herbert in the middle. Not saying they won’t bust, but less likely than the guys I listed, IMO.
How come all those scouts don't know what they are doing and you do? Shouldn't you get a job somewhere? And there's a lot of money at stake, you would think the people that know would be found by now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The most important question is

Baker?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. But I just don't see Tua as a chronic poor decision maker that's been cited. He's had one mediocre game that can be brought up, but that was against an all-time great LSU team that made Trevor Lawrence look bad as well and shut down OU in the playoffs.

Yeah, it's hard to say with Tua because with only a couple of exceptions, Bama tends to be head and shoulders above the rest of cfb talent wise.

So, it begs the question, was Tua that good because he's that good? Or was he that good because the talent around him was that much better than the opposition?

If it's the former, he'll be fine. If it's the latter, he may not necessarily bust, but he won't be the franchise qb the Dolphins are hoping for.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because I haven’t told you what they are.

Got some info from an industry insider who hasn’t been wrong yet. And that is all I am going to say.

You're better than this.

If you have some industry insider who hasn't been wrong yet, why isn't he an NFL GM? And if he is, I call bullshit, because a perfect GM doesn't exist.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're wrong about Haskins. But a bad team starting a rookie who wasn't really ready to play in the first place was a bad idea. He shouldn't have started any games last year. But if he does fail I won't be surprised. Ohio State has never produced a productive NFL qb.

To me, with very few exceptions, a rookie qb should never start in the NFL. People think that it takes point guards awhile to truly learn the NBA...try being an NFL quarterback. lol

Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play. In his rookie season, he completed 56.7% of his passes with 26 td's and 28 ints.

He didn't have a season where he threw fewer than 15 picks until his 5th season.

I think the way they have rookie deals set up now, is both good and bad for qb's depending on the approach a teams takes.

It makes it easier for a team to let a guy sit and learn for 3 or so years before having him take over as the starter because they aren't paying a guy a huge amount of money to hold a clipboard...

But it also makes it easier to move on from him if they play him right away and he wasn't ready or someone they like better comes along.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd put Herbert more in the bust territory. I've seen a lot of people already predict that he's got that label fitted for him. I never saw him take over games and often times lose games to subpar teams. He never 'wowed' me during his collegiate career.

I've seen Tua come off the bench and lead his team in a comeback in a national title game after sitting behind Hurts for most of the season.