• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that LSU defense had a ridiculous number of guys drafted. Its insane. Love that the Browns got Delpit. Browns draft was great if you ask me.

Miami did well too - but only time will tell if Tua can stay healthy.
I've liked drafts before and been fooled but agree. I'd say B+/A- for us. Filled needs and think they did it with BPA, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see that some from guys that OSU and Bama churn out (and let's face it neither has been good at producing pro QBs) for the reason you stated. They generally have the better team on the field by a large margin. Or at the very least much better athletes at the skill positions.

You saw Watson lead Clemson to something more but when he started they didn't have quite the talent they do now

So even though I'd love Haskins to do well I don't think he will be a good pro either (starter)
Always thought our guys did well because of talent around them. Remember watching Troy smith dominate one game, thinking against MSU or Minnesota and thinking he looks great, but if the QBs were switched it wouldn't make a difference in the outcome.

Does seem like things might be changing under Day and we might actually produce NFL caliber QBs.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought our guys did well because of talent around them. Remember watching Troy smith dominate one game, thinking against MSU or Minnesota and thinking he looks great, but if the QBs were switched it wouldn't make a difference in the outcome.

Does seem like things might be changing under Day and we might actually produce NFL caliber QBs.

I legit think Fields is going to be a good NFL qb

Not so much on haskins

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't recall the kind of poise Fields has in the pocket from any OSU qb.

It's literally too good. Because that dude will take hits he doesn't have to. But he will stand in there and sling it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about their defense, but the Browns are loaded on offense. They may be the most talented offensive team in the league. They basically have 2 of everything.

That's great for them, but it also brings a lot of pressure because they have no excuse now.
Cannot imagine anyone has more talent around him than Baker......but you are correct. No excuses now for him. Also seem to have a smart coach who will play to his strengths.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really calling bullshit on this one. There is no deep-seeded scientific formula that works off of big data analytics here.

You can call BS all you want.

In the meantime, I will pick the studs and the busts from the first round QBs using my boy’s data.

And I will bet that he is right a lot more often than he is wrong. Right more than Riddick and Kiper too.

But like I said many pages ago. Time will tell and you will see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban could very well be a top 3 college coach of all-time but just his system and who he recruits....they don't become NFL QB's. That's just the way it is. But on that same note, Saban hasn't produced really any NFL QB's as well and his system is more suited towards the NFL. I think his issue was...until Tua, his QB's were more of game managers in college, he has relied on defense, solid OL and running game to win championships with athletes sprinkled everywhere...except the QB position. Things are changing though and Saban is now changing his ways.

That being said about Urban, Haskins is really the first QB he's had other than Alex Smith who is more of a pro-style type of QB, so we will see. The Redskins aren't doing him any favors, that is for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I legit think Fields is going to be a good NFL qb

Not so much on haskins

He has a lot of traits that we haven't seen from Ohio St QB's in the past and now Day is the coach so that could sway his development into more of a NFL ready...good thing is college ball and NFL are more alike these days more than ever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a politician who hasn't.....feel free to criticize Trump for that as well.....since he did also.

Dude, I can't think of any other politician who made breaking a campaign promise his first act in office. If you can, feel free to name them and the promise they broke as their first act.

While on the campaign trail, Gavin Newsome was asked about how he would handle the death penalty. The people of California have voted on the death penalty at least 3 times. It has passed by a large number every time. In fact, it has won by more every time it has been voted on than it did the previous time it was voted on. In 1986, Californians voted 3 state supreme court justices out of office because of their opposition to the death penalty.

In 2016, not only did Californians vote down a proposition to abolish the death penalty, they passed another proposition that allows death row offenders to work in order to pay restitution to families of death row inmates victims.

In short, Californians have repeatedly shown that we want the death penalty.

He said that while he is personally against the death penalty, he wasn't going to go against the will of the people.

His first act was to impose a moratorium on the death penalty stating that it goes against his beliefs as a Catholic and that no one would be executed while he is Governor.

His job is to govern according to the will of the people, not his personal moral code or religious beliefs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I am not going to say anymore.

But let’s do revisit this in a few years.

For the record:

Burrow: going to be very good
Herbert: Solid franchise QB, probably nothing special
Tua: Bust. Going to be inconsistent and mistake prone
Love: Bust
I'll say this - Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Love ALL not worthy of their draft selection. we can see who did better in a few years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further proof why evaluating QBs is far from fool proof, and why I disagree that
You can call BS all you want.

In the meantime, I will pick the studs and the busts from the first round QBs using my boy’s data.

And I will bet that he is right a lot more often than he is wrong. Right more than Riddick and Kiper too.

But like I said many pages ago. Time will tell and you will see.

I'll probably forget this debate by next week.

And if his data was so accurate, again, why is it that every single team in the league is not after him? Why does he not have an NFL GM job?

If you have a guy that can identify quickly who's going to be a great QB, NFL franchises will throw the bank at him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban could very well be a top 3 college coach of all-time but just his system and who he recruits....they don't become NFL QB's. That's just the way it is. But on that same note, Saban hasn't produced really any NFL QB's as well and his system is more suited towards the NFL. I think his issue was...until Tua, his QB's were more of game managers in college, he has relied on defense, solid OL and running game to win championships with athletes sprinkled everywhere...except the QB position. Things are changing though and Saban is now changing his ways.

That being said about Urban, Haskins is really the first QB he's had other than Alex Smith who is more of a pro-style type of QB, so we will see. The Redskins aren't doing him any favors, that is for sure.

Saban never put much stock into who his QBs were in college. Once football started to get more to a spread concept and started ditching the pro-set model you've seen for years, Saban adjusted and realized that having a 4/5 start QB masks a lot of deficiencies in your team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this - Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Love ALL not worthy of their draft selection. we can see who did better in a few years.

If you're the Bengals you either trade down for a LT or take Burrow.

Chase is likely a beast but you go offense every time there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe before the yaer started Tua was higher rated than Burrow- but Burrow's season was one of the greatest for a college QB of all time.

the TD passes-- the dude completed like 76% of his passes in the SEC- thats bonkers. if tua was 100% healthy he still goes behind Burrow after the season Borrow had- esp. because Burrow has protoype size and tua is 6 foot.
SEC not exactly all that when it comes to D and he had an offense littered with NFL skill players.......but agree 76% damn impressive.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of traits that we haven't seen from Ohio St QB's in the past and now Day is the coach so that could sway his development into more of a NFL ready...good thing is college ball and NFL are more alike these days more than ever.

He's someone to watch. If I'm him, I'm sticking around Day for my senior year. He didn't get shit for development at UGA. And last year was his first year at Ohio State. I haven't heard of too many QBs succeeding with just 2 years of college (taking away his first year at UGA).

I take away his first year at UGA as James Coley was his QB coach at the time, iirc. That guy was crap at developing QBs and is merely a recruiter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're wrong about Haskins. But a bad team starting a rookie who wasn't really ready to play in the first place was a bad idea. He shouldn't have started any games last year. But if he does fail I won't be surprised. Ohio State has never produced a productive NFL qb.
I don't think starting early matters. If you have it, you have it. Not so sure he does but certainly wont write him off yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should also sway more elite QBs to look our way.

Loved Tressel.....but were better off with Meyer.
Loved Meyer....but they might be better off with Day.

who'd have thunk?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Bengals you either trade down for a LT or take Burrow.

Chase is likely a beast but you go offense every time there.
Nah...I'd have taken Burrow. Said that as if the past is an indication I'll get at least half right.