• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the qb rankings are the three in the top ten and then Love/Hurts then throw a boulder off a bridge to the next level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the qb rankings are the three in the top ten and then Love/Hurts then throw a boulder off a bridge to the next level.

That is usually how it is though.

Hurts not going to be a QB. The Taysom Hill role could be perfect for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That both had some positive traits and some negative traits. Enough positive to be solid starters, probably not stars.

He did predict these guys would be stars:

Mahomes, Murray, Watson, Lamar, Josh Allen and Burrow

and the busts Trubisky, Rosen, Haskins, Tua and Love

So yeah, pretty damn good. Josh Allen the only one that isn’t right on the money. And of course we don’t know about the guys drafted last 2 seasons yet.
So far I'd say the only ones he is right on the money on are Mahomes, Trubisky and Rosen (and thinking many said the same of Trubisky and Rosen).

Think you'd do OK with that analysis of every #1 and #2 QB picked. Even Winston and Mariota would qualify. Kind of early to give him a win on some of those.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzmagic is obviously not the guy you want under center, but he is definitely better than what some teams (including the Redskins) have under center as their starter. Dude is a competitor.

If the Dolphins wanted to tank, they should have told Flores. Because Rosen would have landed them that #1 pick.

It was the game against the Redskins, literally the week after they promised Rosen would be the starter all year that Fitz took over for good. Rosen started and played the first 3 quarters and I don’t think he ever crossed midfield. Then Fitz comes in and they looked like the Chiefs.

If they had followed through and actually started Rosen all year I think they really might have gone 0-16.
Yep...and they should have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird
Thank God our president who you support never breaks any promises.
Come on dude, be honest. Newsom is a Dem so you don't like him. Trump is a Rep so you do. Go team!

Except that I didn't vote for Trump, so nice try.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he's pro life due to his Catholicism too. I suspect not, so yeah not a good look for Newsom.

Yep. If you're not going to accept that, as a politician, you are sometimes going to have to go along with/allow things that may go against your personal beliefs, religion or moral code, then you shouldn't be in politics.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If you're not going to accept that, as a politician, you are sometimes going to have to go along with/allow things that may go against your personal beliefs, religion or moral code, then you shouldn't be in politics.

I actually like Gavin, he's reasonably competent but clearly just another politician. Probably going to run for president in 4-8 years. We've had worse (and many better), like right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I'd say the only ones he is right on the money on are Mahomes, Trubisky and Rosen (and thinking many said the same of Trubisky and Rosen).

Think you'd do OK with that analysis of every #1 and #2 QB picked. Even Winston and Mariota would qualify. Kind of early to give him a win on some of those.

Lamar Jackson?

He has literally hasn’t missed a single star. Not 1. He has also found all the busts.

Yes, too early to tell on Murray and Haskins. But I am betting on that model. You can choose to do what you want with this info.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Gavin, he's reasonably competent but clearly just another politician. Probably going to run for president in 4-8 years. We've had worse (and many better), like right now.

I do have to admit that he hasn't been as bad as I expected (mostly because he hasn't done much of anything lol). I actually started contacting folks that I know in other states asking about job prospects and housing prices when he won the election.

He's definitely better than Governor Moonbeam, so there's that. My wife's cat could do a better job than Governor Moonbeam though. But I can't hold that against him. A Republican or Libertarian Governor would have that same comparative advantage. lol

I don't trust him to remain reasonably competent once this is over. But I'm also not looking to get the hell out asap anymore either (although I reserve the right to start looking again on a moments notice).

I agree that he's going to want to make a run for President in the not too distant future, so maybe that will keep him in check a bit.

He'll lean left because that's where his core political beliefs seem to be, but maybe he'll be more middle-left than just left.

If he governs that way, he'll most likely be okay.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to admit that he hasn't been as bad as I expected (mostly because he hasn't done much of anything lol). I actually started contacting folks that I know in other states asking about job prospects and housing prices.

He's definitely better than Governor Moonbeam, so there's that. My wife's cat could do a better job than Governor Moonbeam though. But I can't hold that against him. A Republican or Libertarian Governor would have that same comparative advantage. lol

I don't trust him to remain reasonably competent once this is over. But I'm also not looking to get the hell out asap anymore either (although I reserve the right to start looking again on a moments notice).

I agree that he's going to want to make a run for President in the not too distant future, so maybe that will keep him check a bit.

He'll lean left because that's where his core political beliefs seem to be, but maybe he'll be more middle-left than just left.

If he governs that way, he'll most likely be okay.
You would really let whomever is governor determine where you and your family live and work? That's bananas.

What was wrong with Moonbeam? He balanced the budget, got things done. Had the usual stupid shit that all pols do including Republican ones but on balance, we've had worse there too
I actually thought Governor Terminator did a decent job too. I think you may expect too much from these people.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VP Pence visited Mayo clinic and didn't wear a mask...is that acceptable or is he supposed to follow rules like all visitors?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson?

He has literally hasn’t missed a single star. Not 1. He has also found all the busts.

Yes, too early to tell on Murray and Haskins. But I am betting on that model. You can choose to do what you want with this info.
Lamar Jackson would make a horrible politician.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would really let whomever is governor determine where you and your family live and work? That's bananas.

What was wrong with Moonbeam? He balanced the budget, got things done. Had the usual stupid shit that all pols do including Republican ones but on balance, we've had worse there too
I actually thought Governor Terminator did a decent job too. I think you may expect too much from these people.

Seriously? Governor Moonbeam never saw a tax that he didn't love and want to implement immediately. California residents pay ridiculous prices for gasoline because of all of the taxes that are added on to the price of gas.

The gas taxes (there have been 3 of them) have been sold as being used to upgrade our crumbling infrastructure (many of our freeways are old, not well kept and badly in need of retrofitting). The money ends up getting stolen by the Governor and his minions and used for pet projects like the bullet train to nowhere or "social programs".

Businesses are leaving because we are one of the least business friendly states in the union and we have several business friendly states right next to us.

Basically, he and others have set things up to where you have to either be rich or poor and on all kinds of government programs to be able to live here.

When the latest gas tax was put on the ballot to be repealed, the Democrats made the wording of it very confusing to where it was difficult to tell that it was to repeal that tax. Basically, if you didn't know the exact bill, you couldn't tell which one it was just from reading it.

Middle class people have been moving out in droves. Many are going to Idaho, Texas, Arizona and a couple of my closest friends moved to North Carolina.

So yeah, as much as I like the state itself...if I can provide a better quality of living for my family in another state because the constant raising of existing taxes, adding new taxes, stealing money from funds that are supposed to benefit the entire state to use on pet projects, the cost of housing continually going up, the infrastructure crumbling and people being allowed to shit in the streets is damaging the quality of life here...leaving isn't a tough choice.

And ftr, I was pretty disappointed in The Governator as well. Although I did have an "Our Governor can beat up your Governor" t-shirt. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VP Pence visited Mayo clinic and didn't wear a mask...is that acceptable or is he supposed to follow rules like all visitors?

I mean, it's the Mayo Clinic. I'd guess that they likely have a pretty good idea as to what is or isn't safe. They seem pretty smart about doctoring en sech.

It's not like he showed up at a nursing home maskless, shaking hands and kissing old ladies.

That's more of a Biden thing. lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Governor Moonbeam never saw a tax that he didn't love and want to implement immediately. California residents pay ridiculous prices for gasoline because of all of the taxes that are added on to the price of gas.

The gas taxes (there have been 3 of them) have been sold as being used to upgrade our crumbling infrastructure (many of our freeways are old, not well kept and badly in need of retrofitting). The money ends up getting stolen by the Governor and his minions and used for pet projects like the bullet train to nowhere or "social programs".

Businesses are leaving because we are one of the least business friendly states in the union and we have several business friendly states right next to us.

Basically, he and others have set things up to where you have to either be rich or poor and on all kinds of government programs to be able to live here.

When the latest gas tax was put on the ballot to be repealed, the Democrats made the wording of it very confusing to where it was difficult to tell that it was to repeal that tax. Basically, if you didn't know the exact bill, you couldn't tell which one it was just from reading it.

Middle class people have been moving out in droves. Many are going to Idaho, Texas, Arizona and a couple of my closest friends moved to North Carolina.

So yeah, as much as I like the state itself...if I can provide a better quality of living for my family in another state because the constant raising of existing taxes, adding new taxes, stealing money from funds that are supposed to benefit the entire state to use on pet projects, the cost of housing continually going up, the infrastructure crumbling and people being allowed to shit in the streets is damaging the quality of life here...leaving isn't a tough choice.

And ftr, I was pretty disappointed in The Governator as well. Although I did have an "Our Governor can beat up your Governor" t-shirt. lol
Fair enough. Sounds like they all disappoint you :noidea: