• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely didn't need Bird. Why was he there? He could hardly play at that point.

It all comes off sour grapes and every single player that has spoken on it says Isiah should've been there (including magic) except Jordan.

28 years later and he still salty. For a guy who did so much winning he couldn't stand the fact the Pistons got the better of him more than not.
He was there for legend reasons. They didn't need Laettner either. Shit they could have brought just any 7 guys (2 subs) and still won gold.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was there for legend reasons. They didn't need Laettner either. Shit they could have brought just any 7 guys (2 subs) and still won gold.

In that era?

They could have brought a roster full of NBA bench warmers and still won gold.

International competition had improved to the point where our college kids couldn’t beat their pros, but still not close to what it is today.

That is why it isn’t fair to compare margin of victory when measuring the Dream Team against future US Olympic rosters.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson?

He has literally hasn’t missed a single star. Not 1. He has also found all the busts.

Yes, too early to tell on Murray and Haskins. But I am betting on that model. You can choose to do what you want with this info.
Jackson I'd say is a star...but still only one star caliber season.

Only thing I doubt here is your friend the only one with this so-called model, along with a couple teams....and you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would really let whomever is governor determine where you and your family live and work? That's bananas.

What was wrong with Moonbeam? He balanced the budget, got things done. Had the usual stupid shit that all pols do including Republican ones but on balance, we've had worse there too
I actually thought Governor Terminator did a decent job too. I think you may expect too much from these people.
Cannot imagine a Governor/mayor determining where I might live.

Hell, I knew people when Bush was President who said life will be so much different with a democrat in office. Cannot say it was...at least for us. Nor has it changed much with Trump other than his pressers being must see TV for entertainment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VP Pence visited Mayo clinic and didn't wear a mask...is that acceptable or is he supposed to follow rules like all visitors?
Bad look...and, yes, I heard his excuse why he didn't. absurd.

Even masks have become like sports, politics, etc in that so many are 100% for them or 100% against. You'd think those against thought the masks were laced with some sort of ingestible poison.

I don't wear one everywhere I go (which isn't many places), but not a big deal to wear one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything about it other than DJ's post and I really don't care if he wore one or not.
I mean, yeah, in the sense that it wont change my life nor did I give it much thought I didn't care......but agree just put on the mask.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VP Pence visited Mayo clinic and didn't wear a mask...is that acceptable or is he supposed to follow rules like all visitors?

Yeah mindboggling huh? Watching the news last night his excuse for not wearing a mask was he wanted to be able to look people in the eye. WTF is that? Does he even know how to properly wear a facemask?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, he beat Bird when his back finally gave out on him. The one time he beat the Lakers, Magic pulled his hamstring game 1 and was out of the series. Yes, he beat Jordan, but Jordan became what he was and had Scottie. Then they didn't even remain competitive.
Guessing you were just joking about Bird or just not remembering things as they really happened. Bird was still a superstar when Detroit beat them.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot imagine a Governor/mayor determining where I might live.

Hell, I knew people when Bush was President who said life will be so much different with a democrat in office. Cannot say it was...at least for us. Nor has it changed much with Trump other than his pressers being must see TV for entertainment.
Whomever your state governor is has very little effect on your actual life. And whomever is president has almost no effect on it. People get all wrapped up in politics, especially national debates like who should be president but it's basically like rooting for a sports team. No effect on your real life, you just feel good when your team wins.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah mindboggling huh? Watching the news last night his excuse for not wearing a mask was he wanted to be able to look people in the eye. WTF is that? Does he even know how to properly wear a facemask?
LOL he thinks you cover your eyes with it too. After all, better protection!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most savage competitor to play any sport, that doesn’t go away. Cross him at your own peril.
Did he just forget how competitive he was all those years he didn't get to the Finals or even out of round 1?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooppss.

Man named Tupac Shakur gets apology from governor who accused him of unemployment prank

Dumbass Kentucky governor (Andy Beshear)!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever your state governor is has very little effect on your actual life. And whomever is president has almost no effect on it. People get all wrapped up in politics, especially national debates like who should be president but it's basically like rooting for a sports team. No effect on your real life, you just feel good when your team wins.

I always laugh when election time rolls around and people go with "If X becomes president, I'm moving to Canada".

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always laugh when election time rolls around and people go with "If X becomes president, I'm moving to Canada".
Exactly, people get way too wrapped up in it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, yeah, in the sense that it wont change my life nor did I give it much thought I didn't care......but agree just put on the mask.

Yeah, I mean, if the idea is that we're all supposed to be wearing masks, then our "leaders" should be doing the same.

Reason I don't really care is because, like you said, won't change my life. Plus, I figure I'm smart enough to not need to follow the lead of some politician to know what I'm supposed to do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What bothers me is that none of them ever do. I mean, do we really need Rosie O'Donnel here?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is that none of them ever do. I mean, do we really need Rosie O'Donnel here?
I had some acquaintances claim Obama was gonna make them leave the country. Of course they never did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had some acquaintances claim Obama was gonna make them leave the country. Of course they never did.

No one ever does. I think Madonna may have been the only one who followed through, but I'm not even sure about that.

I wish those people would get called out on it more. Maybe then they'd quit saying stupid shit like that.

Or better yet, leave. Too damn many people here anyway.