• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the guy's name but they released a player they had drafted recently.....think this was like 1-2 years ago.
If you can't even remember his name... doesn't sound like it was a big issue.

Note: I'm not sayin' what you are talking about has never nor will never happen... I'm just sayin' it's not a big issue.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on CSNNE that Ainge said he would not do the banners and silly stuff. He wants the talks to be direct and straight forward.

Miami advantages are no income tax and year round pleasant weather.
Utah advantages are a contract that neither Miami or Boston can match.
Boston advantages are a team that needs a piece to get beyond Cleveland and into the NBA Finals, a team with the best record in the East without a potent shooting forward (Hayward) or a center. They signed Ante Zizic who will be the Celtic center at 7'3". The signed German power forward Theis for rebounding that they totally lacked last year. As far as family, some of the best public and private schools in the country are in greater Boston.

IT and Horford will be on hand to give him the inside scoop as what playing on the Celtics will be like.
Hayward's not stupid and my guess is that his mind is 75% made up anyway. He's making the visits to be sure of his decision, no matter where he goes. Visiting the other two spots won't change his mind. If he's decided to leave Utah, no matter what they do will convince him to go back. If he returns to Utah, then he doesn't care about winning and he's made the right choice.

Forgot Stevens.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on CSNNE that Ainge said he would not do the banners and silly stuff. He wants the talks to be direct and straight forward.

Miami advantages are no income tax and year round pleasant weather.
Utah advantages are a contract that neither Miami or Boston can match.
Boston advantages are a team that needs a piece to get beyond Cleveland and into the NBA Finals, a team with the best record in the East without a potent shooting forward (Hayward) or a center. They signed Ante Zizic who will be the Celtic center at 7'3". The signed German power forward Theis for rebounding that they totally lacked last year. As far as family, some of the best public and private schools in the country are in greater Boston.

IT and Horford will be on hand to give him the inside scoop as what playing on the Celtics will be like.
Hayward's not stupid and my guess is that his mind is 75% made up anyway. He's making the visits to be sure of his decision, no matter where he goes. Visiting the other two spots won't change his mind. If he's decided to leave Utah, no matter what they do will convince him to go back. If he returns to Utah, then he doesn't care about winning and he's made the right choice.

If it's logical to believe that the Sixers are not going anywhere because Embiid is injury prone and Simmons/Fultz have never played a single NBA minute, why is it then logical to determine that your team is now better with two Euro players that have never played a single minute of NBA ball?

Just curious...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they made the ECF maybe?

He very well might choose there, but my guess is hes familiar with what happened in the playoffs.
Celts prob lose in round 1 if Rondo isnt injured.
Cavs beat them by pinball digit numbers at will.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that every Celtics fan believes the Lakers pick will convey at 2-5 and every LAL fan believes they will win 30+ games.

why not? they won 27 last season and paper imo they've already improved...

why do you think they'll somehow be worse...?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but if that's not your thing, you don't have to worry about it too much.

My point was there are still plenty of positives to choose the area.
Especially if you dont like cold winters.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't just stockpile draft picks if you don't have a roster spot.....simple math.
Meh. Draft picks always have some value... they can be turned over into players, euro-stash guys, future picks.

IOW: this is a good problem that Boston has, not a bad one.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not? they won 27 last season and paper imo they've already improved...

why do you think they'll somehow be worse...?

I don't believe they will be a bottom-5 team, yet Celtics fans keep referring to getting two top-5 picks in 2018 as if it's a given....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well might choose there, but my guess is hes familiar with what happened in the playoffs.

And the only time the series was competitive was when their best player went down at the end of game 2. Doesn't sound like a team that's a piece away from beating Cleveland.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they made the ECF maybe?

This is a fact.

Though, the argument could be made that they may not have made it past the first round if Rondo doesn't get hurt. It's a pretty good argument.

You could then also argue that BOS could have gone to the finals if IT had not of gotten hurt, but that's a much tougher argument...

Edit : Dang, TurnUpTheHeat ninja'd me

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only time the series was competitive was when their best player went down at the end of game 2. Doesn't sound like a team that's a piece away from beating Cleveland.

Plus, if role is important, Miami is a better choice.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was there are still plenty of positives to choose the area.
Especially if you dont like cold winters.

meh, i adjusted to the cold. it was the freezing rain, driving down icy streets(sometimes SLIDING down 'em ), and tire chains i hated...

what SoCal boy knows about friggin' tire chains, fer cryin' out loud...?:lol:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is third time you've said "if Rondo isn't injured"...................

when did he resign with the Celtics..............??

Last things I heard or saw was that he's trying to get a spot on the Clippers to replace Chris Paul.

I go to bed at 9:00 PM EST time but I'm pretty sure my phone alerts would have woken me up with this news.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Draft picks always have some value... they can be turned over into players, euro-stash guys, future picks.

IOW: this is a good problem that Boston has, not a bad one.

Yeah, that's why they release them....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i adjusted to the cold. it was the freezing rain, driving down icy streets(sometimes SLIDING down 'em ), and tire chains i hated...

what SoCal boy knows about friggin' tire chains, fer cryin' out loud...?:lol:

Never been to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead?