• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know we have a shot to be a mess but I am a little excited about this team. Not excited like we have a chance at the super bowl, but excited to see the young kids play and see us get better. We have the toughest schedule for some reason but I do think teams cant sleep on us. I think next year is the year we see a big jump from this team. Kelly and DC will know what players they will need for their systems and what players dont fit in.

49ers will Top 3 in money to spend next year. Its a Good FA class next year. I know we wont touch the Big names but their are a god amount of 2nd Tier guys.

Yep, i'm especially excited to see our D-line play. Especially if Ian is able to return near full strength. I know our LB corps ain't so good, but want to see our DE's make plays. Want to see our line hold up against the run game.

Hard to say how much we'll improve NEXT year, because of our QB situation. Not expecting either Kaep or Gabbert to take a big step up. So we may likely go into next season with the same QB, plus a rookie being groomed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know we have a shot to be a mess but I am a little excited about this team. Not excited like we have a chance at the super bowl, but excited to see the young kids play and see us get better. We have the toughest schedule for some reason but I do think teams cant sleep on us. I think next year is the year we see a big jump from this team. Kelly and DC will know what players they will need for their systems and what players dont fit in.

49ers will Top 3 in money to spend next year. Its a Good FA class next year. I know we wont touch the Big names but their are a god amount of 2nd Tier guys.

If as we expect, some of these younger guys excel or show enough flashes, more so we won't go after FA's. Not to say we won't sign anyone, but we'll lean to our own players.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DC and how the defensive does is the big question mark. Some talent on the dline. Can he put it all together? Can better pass rush this year? I guess he can't be any worse the Mangini.

unfortunately, we just don't have the pass rush horses? So for me, not expecting the DC to make something out of nothing. Granted, Harold and Carradine could always surprise, but not counting on it.

Would expect the D-line to be pretty tough against the run, assuming Ian is back. Would expect a good rotation going with Buckner making good strides thru this season.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, we just don't have the pass rush horses? So for me, not expecting the DC to make something out of nothing. Granted, Harold and Carradine could always surprise, but not counting on it.

Would expect the D-line to be pretty tough against the run, assuming Ian is back. Would expect a good rotation going with Buckner making good strides thru this season.

I think the position change for Carridine will help his game...and I think we might have something in Harold...kid has a motor and a pretty nasty disposition. We won't stifle offenses...but we're most definitely going to get run through.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the position change for Carridine will help his game...and I think we might have something in Harold...kid has a motor and a pretty nasty disposition. We won't stifle offenses...but we're most definitely going to get run through.

So will losing that weight. Still can't tell if he will do anything but we will find out

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

'run thru' in total defense, or thru our run defense specifically?

if run defense, the line looks like it'll be solid AND have depth. Buckner should certainly come on strong sooner rather than later. Again, i am assuming Ian returns AND plays close to what he did last year. Even Purcell showed flashes last season, so shouldn't be a big step down at NT, if Ian isn't ready.

A good D-line obviously helps out the LB's, even though the LB corps by themselves, isn't a solid group. So ok, not going to think our run D will be great, but don't think it'll be 'run through' either?

Pass defense and overall defense is another matter. :-)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D should be good enough to keep us in the game. Offense should a lot from last year with Kelly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our D should be good enough to keep us in the game. Offense should a lot from last year with Kelly.

i will sort of agree with the first part after 3-4 games, till Buckner and even Blair get enough action. So agree with our D keeping us in most of the remaining 12-13 games, but not all. Would be nice if Redmond can play slot as opposed to being injured, but can't count on it.

Too hard to call on offense because of our situation at QB. Next, we still have concerns along the O-line. The O-line will be improved but relative to last season, this isn't saying much.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will sort of agree with the first part after 3-4 games, till Buckner and even Blair get enough action. So agree with our D keeping us in most of the remaining 12-13 games, but not all. Would be nice if Redmond can play slot as opposed to being injured, but can't count on it.

Too hard to call on offense because of our situation at QB. Next, we still have concerns along the O-line. The O-line will be improved but relative to last season, this isn't saying much.
Yes I meant most games. I just think With Kelly offense has to be better. With Armstead and Buckner our D should really be better at the line. LB' still scare me. Secondary might be our Strength.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I meant most games. I just think With Kelly offense has to be better. With Armstead and Buckner our D should really be better at the line. LB' still scare me. Secondary might be our Strength.

The offense should be better. I can't imagine how it can't be better than the Chryst run offense. I think the big question mark will be the defense. The DC is an unknown. His time as DC in Cleveland did not end well. Maybe not worse than Mangini but will it be any better?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense should be better. I can't imagine how it can't be better than the Chryst run offense. I think the big question mark will be the defense. The DC is an unknown. His time as DC in Cleveland did not end well. Maybe not worse than Mangini but will it be any better?
no but he has had success. Bethea said this D is better fit for this team because its an react and attack D. CB will play more Man. I just hope Lynch gets in Shape. We need him to have 7-10 sacks. Eli harold needs 5-7 sacks. Bowman get 3-4 sacks. We need to pressure the QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, the offense will be better but the baseline is very low. So "better than last year" still isn't saying much. I'm not THAT pessimistic mind you, just saying relative to the NFL, we'll still be 'below average' or 'average'.

The D is a question mark, but it starts on the line and at least we'll be good there....should be good there. This does assume Ian not only returns, but returns near 100%. This gives O'Neil SOME options to mix it up with his schemes. Clearly, we don't have enough talent at LB, especially in applying pressure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the offense will be better but the baseline is very low. So "better than last year" still isn't saying much. I'm not THAT pessimistic mind you, just saying relative to the NFL, we'll still be 'below average' or 'average'.

The D is a question mark, but it starts on the line and at least we'll be good there....should be good there. This does assume Ian not only returns, but returns near 100%. This gives O'Neil SOME options to mix it up with his schemes. Clearly, we don't have enough talent at LB, especially in applying pressure.

If the offense made it to NFL average that would be quite an improvement. Gotta look at this as more than a one year project. The defense wasn't all that much better than the offense last year

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but he has had success. Bethea said this D is better fit for this team because its an react and attack D. CB will play more Man. I just hope Lynch gets in Shape. We need him to have 7-10 sacks. Eli harold needs 5-7 sacks. Bowman get 3-4 sacks. We need to pressure the QB.

I hope so, but I am still in wait and see mode

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the offense made it to NFL average that would be quite an improvement. Gotta look at this as more than a one year project. The defense wasn't all that much better than the offense last year

Yes, for me 'below average' would be good for THIS season. Doesn't sound like a lot, but that means by-passing 7-8 teams. Main thing is the system/structure is installed, and mistakes greatly reduced by year end.

True, the D wasn't so good either, but at least we've placed the foundation (ie D-line) in a better situation. By year end i'd expect the line and secondary to be playing well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, for me 'below average' would be good for THIS season. Doesn't sound like a lot, but that means by-passing 7-8 teams. Main thing is the system/structure is installed, and mistakes greatly reduced by year end.

True, the D wasn't so good either, but at least we've placed the foundation (ie D-line) in a better situation. By year end i'd expect the line and secondary to be playing well.

I think Kelly is a good enough coach to make this group of players average.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Kelly is a good enough coach to make this group of players average.

For this season i want to agree with you, i really do. However the QB situation is hard get optimistic over? Next. although the O-line will be (should be?) improved, it'll still be short of 'good'.

On defense, we just don't have enough players to generate pressure. Next is the LB corps overall (run, pass, and coverage), they just don't have enough talent.

Not to be a total downer, cause we can't fix everything at once. So ok for THIS season and main thing is some players emerge, breakout, or flash. So next season and beyond we're only on an upswing.