• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really think we will be ok this year. Nothing great but better then last year with maybe an extra win or 2 better then what most think.

agree, a little better than last year, meaning a few more wins.

Even if we don't win more games, as long as we fans can see an upswing. As long as we can see the team is coming together in Kelly's system, and it'll get even better. i'm ok losing to better teams, not ok playing extra sloppy and "giving games away". So if this team is still sloppy towards the end, mistake prone, that would is a huge problem.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, a little better than last year, meaning a few more wins.

Even if we don't win more games, as long as we fans can see an upswing. As long as we can see the team is coming together in Kelly's system, and it'll get even better. i'm ok losing to better teams, not ok playing extra sloppy and "giving games away". So if this team is still sloppy towards the end, mistake prone, that would is a huge problem.
Yeah my problem with last year is we got worse during the season. U want to see your team get better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my problem with last year is we got worse during the season. U want to see your team get better.

Things went downhill after the first game. Defense probably got a bit better later but still bad. Offense was just crap through the whole season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im interesting to see whats going to happen to the Oline. I hope in some way we are better. I think its almost impossible to be better with Pears still in the starting lineup. No matter what he we let double digit sacks. Thats our biggest weakness right now (RT). I hope Brown comes back into shape.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im interesting to see whats going to happen to the Oline. I hope in some way we are better. I think its almost impossible to be better with Pears still in the starting lineup. No matter what he we let double digit sacks. Thats our biggest weakness right now (RT). I hope Brown comes back into shape.

We are instantly better with Kilgore at Center rather than Martin. Pears is still an issue. I read Pears looked like crap in OTAs. Big shocker. Hopefully Brown steps up. Supposedly came to OTAs out of shape and not ready to play in Kelly's system. I have no expectations for Davis. He is just a flake.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are instantly better with Kilgore at Center rather than Martin. Pears is still an issue. I read Pears looked like crap in OTAs. Big shocker. Hopefully Brown steps up. Supposedly came to OTAs out of shape and not ready to play in Kelly's system. I have no expectations for Davis. He is just a flake.
I agree for most of it. Yes Kilgore is a nice upgrade at center but Boone vs Garnett is a drop(dont know how much of a drop yet). and Beadles and Tiller are even. I actually like Tiller more. Just having Pears hurts so much. We need Brown to Step up or Davis finally joins us and is in shape(pipe dream).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for most of it. Yes Kilgore is a nice upgrade at center but Boone vs Garnett is a drop(dont know how much of a drop yet). and Beadles and Tiller are even. I actually like Tiller more. Just having Pears hurts so much. We need Brown to Step up or Davis finally joins us and is in shape(pipe dream).

Hopefully, Boone to Garnett is not a large one. Tough to know with a rookie. Some OL rookies take time to develop. Boone didn't play that well last season. He was okay, better than the other crap guards we had.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

for now we should view Beadles at LG and Garnett at RG. If we go along this line i have to wonder if Beadles isn't just as good as Boone? Beadles is now back into zone blocking where he made his mark with Denver. Beadles isn't THAT old for an offensive linemen.

Garnett is a rookie and will go thru a learning curve, but don't see why he wouldn't get going after 3-4 games? Garnett would be an upgrade over Tiller, especcially in the run game.

We can't fix everything at once, so yes RT will be a major concern. Just don't see Brown able to play up tempo for even one game? IMO it won't be him by end of TC. Tend to think it'll end up being Pears at first, then eventually replaced by one of the rookies. Again, we can't fix everything at once, so RT will likely remain a weakness all season.

BTW - getting Kilgore back certainly helps, but even then, is Kilgore THAT good?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for now we should view Beadles at LG and Garnett at RG. If we go along this line i have to wonder if Beadles isn't just as good as Boone? Beadles is now back into zone blocking where he made his mark with Denver. Beadles isn't THAT old for an offensive linemen.

Garnett is a rookie and will go thru a learning curve, but don't see why he wouldn't get going after 3-4 games? Garnett would be an upgrade over Tiller, especcially in the run game.

We can't fix everything at once, so yes RT will be a major concern. Just don't see Brown able to play up tempo for even one game? IMO it won't be him by end of TC. Tend to think it'll end up being Pears at first, then eventually replaced by one of the rookies. Again, we can't fix everything at once, so RT will likely remain a weakness all season.

BTW - getting Kilgore back certainly helps, but even then, is Kilgore THAT good?

Garnett is a bright kid and hopefully he gets it right away. Some rookie OLs struggle their rookie season. Iy is a position that takes time. Hopefully he emulates Harris Barton who stepped in as a rookie tackle and played well right away. Before getting injured, Kilgore played well and I think he would have been considered better than average and even now is a huge upgrade over Martin's play at center. The difference when Kilgore stepped in compared to Martin was obvious.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett is a bright kid and hopefully he gets it right away. Some rookie OLs struggle their rookie season. Iy is a position that takes time. Hopefully he emulates Harris Barton who stepped in as a rookie tackle and played well right away. Before getting injured, Kilgore played well and I think he would have been considered better than average and even now is a huge upgrade over Martin's play at center. The difference when Kilgore stepped in compared to Martin was obvious.

Yea I was really fired up that we got Garnett...he's big and nasty...a good combo for this league. I think he'll be able to step in and perform right out of the gates unlike AD who got absolutely abused his first year...and then he started sniffing glue apparently...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was really fired up that we got Garnett...he's big and nasty...a good combo for this league. I think he'll be able to step in and perform right out of the gates unlike AD who got absolutely abused his first year...and then he started sniffing glue apparently...

Garnett has been compared to Iupati Hopefully a more consistent pass blocker than Iupati. I wasn't aware ADavis is such a flake until this past offseason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok, i read another article which said Kilgore played well end of last season. No doubt he would be better than Martin, who'll likely get cut. We should be fine at Center.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, i read another article which said Kilgore played well end of last season. No doubt he would be better than Martin, who'll likely get cut. We should be fine at Center.

I read an interesting article about the oline. Article stated you can make do with a bad tackle but when you have a bad center it has a ripple effect on the whole line. Martin was awful, among the worst, if not the worst center in the league last year. Having Kilgore healthy and playing Center will affect the line play greatly compared to last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/commentary/1568-round-table-top-49ers-current-roster/

Wow, one guy rates Kilgore one of the top 5 49ers!? While i don't agree, looks better at Center than i first posted.

Does makes sense that a Center is the key, cause it affects 3 positions. If there was no core - like when Martin was playing - there would be no running game and no time to pass.

If you have a poor OT, you can help some with a TE, and sometimes a RB. But at least they'll be a running game to the other side. At least there would be a LITTLE more time to pass.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brown is the better RT why not rotate Brown and Pears then?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have a shot to be a mess but I am a little excited about this team. Not excited like we have a chance at the super bowl, but excited to see the young kids play and see us get better. We have the toughest schedule for some reason but I do think teams cant sleep on us. I think next year is the year we see a big jump from this team. Kelly and DC will know what players they will need for their systems and what players dont fit in.

49ers will Top 3 in money to spend next year. Its a Good FA class next year. I know we wont touch the Big names but their are a god amount of 2nd Tier guys.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/commentary/1568-round-table-top-49ers-current-roster/

Wow, one guy rates Kilgore one of the top 5 49ers!? While i don't agree, looks better at Center than i first posted.

Does makes sense that a Center is the key, cause it affects 3 positions. If there was no core - like when Martin was playing - there would be no running game and no time to pass.

If you have a poor OT, you can help some with a TE, and sometimes a RB. But at least they'll be a running game to the other side. At least there would be a LITTLE more time to pass.

Problem when Center like Martin gets overwhelmed is defenders go straight into the pocket. This is a pretty damning commentary about Martin.

49ers roster breakdowns, 90-in-90: C Marcus Martin

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have a shot to be a mess but I am a little excited about this team. Not excited like we have a chance at the super bowl, but excited to see the young kids play and see us get better. We have the toughest schedule for some reason but I do think teams cant sleep on us. I think next year is the year we see a big jump from this team. Kelly and DC will know what players they will need for their systems and what players dont fit in.

49ers will Top 3 in money to spend next year. Its a Good FA class next year. I know we wont touch the Big names but their are a god amount of 2nd Tier guys.

DC and how the defensive does is the big question mark. Some talent on the dline. Can he put it all together? Can better pass rush this year? I guess he can't be any worse the Mangini.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Brown is the better RT why not rotate Brown and Pears then?

Since offensive linemen need to work together, it has always been better to develop ONE unit. Not saying this is absolute or 'must be', but it does make sense. So the question is, rotate how often? IF Brown can go an entire half, rotating might be possible? The five linemen would play enough to retain cohesion. But if he can only go say 8 snaps before resting, then i wouldn't rotate RT's.

Even if Brown is better, a tired Brown wouldn't play nearly as well. Brown had this cardio issue from college, so not expecting him to overcome this issue now. Nothing against Brown the player, this is just a new up tempo offense. MAYBE we can get something in a trade?