• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like brooks is staying for another year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am cool if Brooks is shown the door. If he stays MEH. He is on the downside of his career and has other issues. This team isn't competing for anything anyway. Hope Harold shows something. Maybe Tank too after losing the weight and moving outside. Not holding my breath but will see. I doubt Lemonier will ever amount to anything since he has shown zilch up to this point. Not even flashes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, then let me re-phrase my post.........i'm glad the 49er's still have the option of keeping Brooks. Had he already been released, then less options in the first four games.

No argument he's on the downside, but even on the downside he MIGHT still be the best we got (first four games)? Even if Harold is better, Brooks might still be better than Carradine, Lemonier, and the rest.

Is he worth keeping for four games, maybe or maybe not.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 49ers team are getting some low ratings. 1st they say we are the 2nd worst team entering this season and then they say we have the least amount of talent. I Do not agree with both. I think we have some nice young talent and we still have one of the best OT in the league and Top 2 MLB in the league. Also dont forget about T. Smith at WR and Hyde will is a good RB. Then throw in Armstead and Buckner. I dont get it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This 49ers team are getting some low ratings. 1st they say we are the 2nd worst team entering this season and then they say we have the least amount of talent. I Do not agree with both. I think we have some nice young talent and we still have one of the best OT in the league and Top 2 MLB in the league. Also dont forget about T. Smith at WR and Hyde will is a good RB. Then throw in Armstead and Buckner. I dont get it.

IMO it isn't that unreasonable at this point. We DO have some talent (Bowman and Staley) and one day more will emerge, but we 49er fans specifically, factor in a lot of potential. Good example is Buckner, yes he has tons of talent, but he hasn't played an NFL down. Armstead showed good stuff, but doesn't have a long 'track record'. If we step back and remove potential, the question becomes what has been proven in real games?

Even Hyde doesn't really have a good 'track record', he missed too many games. Gabbert doesn't have a good track record. Kaep does have some proven seasons, but not of the last TWO.

There really isn't enough proven performance OVERALL. These writers are going by whats proven up to TODAY (off season), and the on field performance hasn't been good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but they need to also understand the Big upgrade on the coaching side. I can understand if Tomsula was still coach. Then it would make sense. I dont know maybe Im looking at in from a fan stand point. i usually try not to. I dont see a Terrible team on Roster. i see a team that can be 8-8 or 7-9 and build for next year. I will be shocked if we went 4-12 or worse this year. My floor for this team is 5-11 and my ceiling is 8-8.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but they need to also understand the Big upgrade on the coaching side. I can understand if Tomsula was still coach. Then it would make sense. I dont know maybe Im looking at in from a fan stand point. i usually try not to. I dont see a Terrible team on Roster. i see a team that can be 8-8 or 7-9 and build for next year. I will be shocked if we went 4-12 or worse this year. My floor for this team is 5-11 and my ceiling is 8-8.

I think the season after next is where we will see the biggest improvement. Our current roster is young which equals underrated...BUT we also have a schedule made of sharded glass...we are like Bruce Willis in the fight to take down evil in the first Die Hard...this season is up until that part where he walks through it because he has to...next season our schedule should be more forgiving, we'll know what pieces to add to the puzzle in FA and the draft, we'll know our strengths positionally and by squad. The season after next will be the second half of the movie where we start taking "Z Germans" down.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, you (we're) looking at it as hard core 49er fans, factoring in potential talent. ie we look ahead and project some of our 49ers will become good. National writers are looking at the recent past.

While i want to be optimistic, 8-8 is more than i'll predict. i'm thinking same as last season (5 wins), plus one or two more. Despite having a better HC, just too much working against 8 wins.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the season after next is where we will see the biggest improvement. Our current roster is young which equals underrated...BUT we also have a schedule made of sharded glass...we are like Bruce Willis in the fight to take down evil in the first Die Hard...this season is up until that part where he walks through it because he has to...next season our schedule should be more forgiving, we'll know what pieces to add to the puzzle in FA and the draft, we'll know our strengths positionally and by squad. The season after next will be the second half of the movie where we start taking "Z Germans" down.

the 2018 season? Ok, that is reasonable mainly because we don't know our QB situation in 2017? I would think by 2018 we'll have someone closer to 'the next QB'.

Also by 2018, last years class (Armstead, Tartt, and Harold, etal) should be in their prime. This recent draft class should be making big contributions too (Buckner, Garnett, Redmond, etal).

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2018 season? Ok, that is reasonable mainly because we don't know our QB situation in 2017? I would think by 2018 we'll have someone closer to 'the next QB'.

Also by 2018, last years class (Armstead, Tartt, and Harold, etal) should be in their prime. This recent draft class should be making big contributions too (Buckner, Garnett, Redmond, etal).

I think that we should know a lot more about the QB spot after this season. Call me crazy, but I like Yo Gabba Gabba and think that Kaep has gas in the tank...which way it burns remains to be seen. He was seriously dinged up last year and people jumped all over his downturn without knowing what was happening. Maybe he's that bad...maybe our coaching staff put him in a bad spot in terms of fit and scheme.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that we should know a lot more about the QB spot after this season. Call me crazy, but I like Yo Gabba Gabba and think that Kaep has gas in the tank...which way it burns remains to be seen. He was seriously dinged up last year and people jumped all over his downturn without knowing what was happening. Maybe he's that bad...maybe our coaching staff put him in a bad spot in terms of fit and scheme.

i also like to think Gabbert will do better in Kelly's offense, but 'better' for him still isn't saying much. His bar is low and a 'big' improvement will take him to say "NFL Average"? So looking to 2018, still not expecting him to be a quality NFL QB. Now under the current circumstances for THIS season, i'll certainly take "NFL Average". :-)

I just can't see Kaep getting back to his 2012-13 seasons? His running game yes, his passing game no. He just doesn't have enough intangibles for the passing game. The last TWO seasons is more his passing game, and it was downright horrible. Injuries and coaching did play a part, but IMO it was way more lack of intangibles.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also like to think Gabbert will do better in Kelly's offense, but 'better' for him still isn't saying much. His bar is low and a 'big' improvement will take him to say "NFL Average"? So looking to 2018, still not expecting him to be a quality NFL QB. Now under the current circumstances for THIS season, i'll certainly take "NFL Average". :-)

I just can't see Kaep getting back to his 2012-13 seasons? His running game yes, his passing game no. He just doesn't have enough intangibles for the passing game. The last TWO seasons is more his passing game, and it was downright horrible. Injuries and coaching did play a part, but IMO it was way more lack of intangibles.

I think the 9ers brass square peg round holed Kaep in trying to make him a pocket passer...people quickly recognized that he wasn't...the kept pushing it...he sucked and got destroyed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks not so many good QB's in this up coming draft. I don't think their are any franchise QBs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What sucks not so many good QB's in this up coming draft. I don't think their are any franchise QBs.

that is unfortunate for us. not that i expect to have the #1 pickverall o, but always good to have possibilities.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is unfortunate for us. not that i expect to have the #1 pickverall o, but always good to have possibilities.
I think the #1 QB on the board is the kid from Clemson. He is in the mold of Russell wilson. I don't see him being a great QB in the League. just my opinion. I do like this kid from ND Kizer. Kid has NFL body and can run a little and has a good arm. He probably a late 1st rd pick. Depends on how he does this year.
Some Mock drafts have us taking the kid from Miami. Im not sold on him yet. Im going to watch him this year.

My #1 prospect is the kid from Texas AM. DE Myles Garrett. Kid is a stud.