• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the #1 QB on the board is the kid from Clemson. He is in the mold of Russell wilson. I don't see him being a great QB in the League. just my opinion. I do like this kid from ND Kizer. Kid has NFL body and can run a little and has a good arm. He probably a late 1st rd pick. Depends on how he does this year.
Some Mock drafts have us taking the kid from Miami. Im not sold on him yet. Im going to watch him this year.

My #1 prospect is the kid from Texas AM. DE Myles Garrett. Kid is a stud.

Yeah, someone wrote up on Garrett (Ninernation.com?) and he does look very VERY good. But unless Gabbert or Kaep exceeds everyone's expectations, we have to be looking QB first. We shouldn't force a QB, but take a hard look at them. Baalke has to look ahead, especially at QB.

Kelly needs a QB with good decision making first and foremost. Because his scheme requires a quick decision, more so Kelly wants this. I wouldn't be thinking 'running QB', or 'athletic QB', or 'strong armed QB'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, someone wrote up on Garrett (Ninernation.com?) and he does look very VERY good. But unless Gabbert or Kaep exceeds everyone's expectations, we have to be looking QB first. We shouldn't force a QB, but take a hard look at them. Baalke has to look ahead, especially at QB.

Kelly needs a QB with good decision making first and foremost. Because his scheme requires a quick decision, more so Kelly wants this. I wouldn't be thinking 'running QB', or 'athletic QB', or 'strong armed QB'.
I agree, QB will be #1 if both fail. I do think 49ers can wait until 2nd rd to grab a QB but I understand the need for a top 1. Im just not a big fan of the Big name QB coming out. Like this Miami kid. I watched a couple highlights I dont see anything special. Clemson kid is good in College but I dont know if he can make the NFL throws that you need from a QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got our RT back. thank god. Oline should be a lot better now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Oline looks good now. should really help the offense.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. lets hope he can be a team player and in some what shape

I honestly don't know how to take this...half of me is thinking "thank sweet baby jesus" and the other half of me is thinking trade that asshole. I'm not entirely sure he's mentally fit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly don't know how to take this...half of me is thinking "thank sweet baby jesus" and the other half of me is thinking trade that asshole. I'm not entirely sure he's mentally fit.

My initial thought is similar to this. Yeah, nice to know there's a chance AD does well, but the reality would suggest otherwise. If i had to bet money on it, i'd take the field.

Mentally is a good point, mentally and emotionally.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cant be worse then Pears who ranked dead last at the RT spot last year(or very close to it.) No matter what he is a upgrade. He might not be his top form this year but even 50% of what he was is better then Pears.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cant be worse then Pears who ranked dead last at the RT spot last year(or very close to it.) No matter what he is a upgrade. He might not be his top form this year but even 50% of what he was is better then Pears.

Yea, I kind of soured over the guy last year with all of his dumb tweets and waffling. His criticism of Staley and the oline play was bad and the olineman made not be too welcoming back. That said, given the issues on the right side of the line and if the alternative is Pears, than I say he should be given a chance to compete. And it shouldn't be hard to beat Pears who is a turnstile

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, he is an upgrade over Pears, but Pears isn't going to be 'a fixture' at RT anyway. I almost want to say Pears won't even start game 1. Unfortunately, Brown can't handle the pace IMO, and there are two rookies behind him. We MAY be forced to play Pears to start the season, but can't see him being there long?

I'm certainly not against AD returning, just not going to expect much. As many have already wrote, if he was really that serious, he'd have returned months ago.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is an upgrade over Pears, but Pears isn't going to be 'a fixture' at RT anyway. I almost want to say Pears won't even start game 1. Unfortunately, Brown can't handle the pace IMO, and there are two rookies behind him. We MAY be forced to play Pears to start the season, but can't see him being there long?

I sure hope he isn't a fixture but you never know. Especially if there are injuries.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm certainly not against AD returning, just not going to expect much. As many have already wrote, if he was really that serious, he'd have returned months ago.

I guess you don't really have to like a guy to play with him...but it sure as hell helps. This ding dong couldn't keep his dumb ass mouth shut and dragged fellow teammates into his drama. I liked Tiller last year...kid came in and balled for a PS throw in. He did far better than Pears. Let's trade him for picks next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I sure hope he isn't a fixture but you never know. Especially if there are injuries.

yes, injury is another reason Pears could end up starting game 1.

But just don't see him lasting long at RT? he won't be much better than last season, forcing the Staff to insert someone else. We just don't have a quality RT, and have to live with it this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess you don't really have to like a guy to play with him...but it sure as hell helps. This ding dong couldn't keep his dumb ass mouth shut and dragged fellow teammates into his drama. I liked Tiller last year...kid came in and balled for a PS throw in. He did far better than Pears. Let's trade him for picks next year.

Trade Tiller?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I had a dream last night about opening day. I knew it was a dream because Kap threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs. 49ers blew out the Rams.

Man I hope this happens.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, injury is another reason Pears could end up starting game 1.

But just don't see him lasting long at RT? he won't be much better than last season, forcing the Staff to insert someone else. We just don't have a quality RT, and have to live with it this season.

Hopefully the staff this year doesn't stick with Pears again like last year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I had a dream last night about opening day. I knew it was a dream because Kap threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs. 49ers blew out the Rams.

Man I hope this happens.

We don't even know who the starting QB is going to be at this point.