• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kilgore can be better than average. But even average is miles better than Martin. Beadles is a concern.
Yes if I had to rank my concerns it would be like this:
1)Beadles- was ranked one of the worst guards in the league. Report is he just doesnt fit the scheme he was playing in and that the 49ers scheme is perfect for him. If he can be avg I can deal with it.
2) Garrett- Does he have rookie struggles or can he play at a some what high level.
3)AD- What will we get from him. Either way he has to be an upgrade from Pears so that is good news.
4)Kilgore- Way better then Martin so this is a plus. We need him to be avg or a little above avg.
5)Injuries- No big time injuries on the line. We need to stay healthy. We have some depth but not great depth. Brown and Tiller could be very good back ups for us.

Overall I would like to see this line be ranked between 13-17 this year. If so this team will win some games. If not This team can go 2-14 or something like that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this year Oline will be in the middle of the pack unless Davis shows he is still a pro bowl type tackle and the Rookie comes on strong. If so this can be a top 10 Line. Beadles is still shaky and Kilgore is avg but way better then martin.

if Davis gets back to his previous play and Garnett comes on strong, think that brings us from last to 'middle of the pack'. That is still a big jump.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes if I had to rank my concerns it would be like this:
1)Beadles- was ranked one of the worst guards in the league. Report is he just doesnt fit the scheme he was playing in and that the 49ers scheme is perfect for him. If he can be avg I can deal with it.
2) Garrett- Does he have rookie struggles or can he play at a some what high level.
3)AD- What will we get from him. Either way he has to be an upgrade from Pears so that is good news.
4)Kilgore- Way better then Martin so this is a plus. We need him to be avg or a little above avg.
5)Injuries- No big time injuries on the line. We need to stay healthy. We have some depth but not great depth. Brown and Tiller could be very good back ups for us.

Overall I would like to see this line be ranked between 13-17 this year. If so this team will win some games. If not This team can go 2-14 or something like that.

Yes, no depth this season except Tiller, but Tiller isn't 'versatile' along the interior. Staley is the player we need to stay healthy (nothing new), but IMO a very close second is Kilgore. Reason is Martin is the projected back-up and he'd take the interior down with him. The offense can't function with poor play from LG, C, and RG.

i would think Baalke will keep an eye out for Centers as other teams cut down. We won't get a quality starter, but a better back-up than Martin.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no depth this season except Tiller, but Tiller isn't 'versatile' along the interior. Staley is the player we need to stay healthy (nothing new), but IMO a very close second is Kilgore. Reason is Martin is the projected back-up and he'd take the interior down with him. The offense can't function with poor play from LG, C, and RG.

i would think Baalke will keep an eye out for Centers as other teams cut down. We won't get a quality starter, but a better back-up than Martin.
Yes our Depth is Tiller at the guard spots and Brown at RT spot. We dont have a replacement for staley unless they would move AD to LT if something happen. I also agree with you Kilgore is very important to stay healthy. If we see Martin at center we are in BIG trouble. Also dont forget the 2 other OL we drafted. Maybe one of them can climb up the depth chart and be an ok Replacement for Depth.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our Depth is Tiller at the guard spots and Brown at RT spot. We dont have a replacement for staley unless they would move AD to LT if something happen. I also agree with you Kilgore is very important to stay healthy. If we see Martin at center we are in BIG trouble. Also dont forget the 2 other OL we drafted. Maybe one of them can climb up the depth chart and be an ok Replacement for Depth.

IMHO our OL is actually one of our strengths now that AD pulled is ass head out of his ass.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO our OL is actually one of our strengths now that AD pulled is ass head out of his ass.

Sure it could be a strength if AD plays like he did before, Kilgore is an average to above average Center, and one of the Guards stops up and plays well but still too many if's for me to say it's a strength at this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners' Brown Welcoming the Competition at Right Tackle

Not a far fetched idea should Brown win out at RT, wasn't AD an LT in college? I know his college days is now 'a while ago', but doesn't look like we have any viable back-up anyway. So IF at some point they know Brown will start, give some practice reps to AD, at LT. Try it out first, it doesn't need to be permanent.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Right now too many assumptions along the O-line. I'll agree it'll be a strength if these assumptions pan out....and there are no injuries. But for now thru Pre-Season, i'll let it play out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure it could be a strength if AD plays like he did before, Kilgore is an average to above average Center, and one of the Guards stops up and plays well but still too many if's for me to say it's a strength at this point.

guess i should've kept reading, this is what i meant with 'too many assumptions'. I'd think Beadles will do better now that he's back in zone blocking, but even that is an assumption.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i should've kept reading, this is what i meant with 'too many assumptions'. I'd think Beadles will do better now that he's back in zone blocking, but even that is an assumption.

Fair enough...but on paper right now...we are in a way better place in terms of positional talent and experience. Last year not one wheel came off...they all came off at the same time.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie and Kevin Greene HOF speeches today. Greene was a 9er for a short time. I sure do miss Eddie.