• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Between his return (hopefully he keeps his crazy out of the locker room) and Kilgores health with the addition of Garnett...I think our line is going to be pretty nasty. Hyde should have a career year provided that he stays healthy.

Yeah, the line certainly has a chance this season, we'll see?

but then again Hyde hasn't really played a "full season", or has he? i want to draft him for fantasy football, but two things weigh in:

1. How many TD's will he get? i tend to think about 4-5.
2. Wouldn't we be behind most games, and hence lean on the pass?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the line certainly has a chance this season, we'll see?

but then again Hyde hasn't really played a "full season", or has he? i want to draft him for fantasy football, but two things weigh in:

1. How many TD's will he get? i tend to think about 4-5.
2. Wouldn't we be behind most games, and hence lean on the pass?

No full season yet. It's also hard to tell how good he can be, I mean, our line (and whole team) came off the rails last year basically after the first game. The fact that we got AD back, (by all accounts he's looking really good despite the layoff), Kilgore is healthy finally, we drafted a road grater in Garnette, as well as getting Beadles (fits our zone scheme), what I thought was going to be a nightmare is shaping up to look a bit beyond serviceable.
I think he'll get about 8-12 TD's this year and rush for 1000 yards easily...I hope he hits his 1500 yard goal.
We might be behind in most games...but I don't think we have the luxury of stud receivers or QB's so they'll have to lean on what they're good at...and even assuming that is a big if.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between his return (hopefully he keeps his crazy out of the locker room) and Kilgores health with the addition of Garnett...I think our line is going to be pretty nasty. Hyde should have a career year provided that he stays healthy.

For Kilgore to say those things about him really says something. It shows much more commitment to get better than before he retired. He is talented. Davis biggest flaw was getting burned around the edge by speed rushers. Hopefully he can improve upon that. Barring injury, this oline will be 1,000 times better than the utter garbage we saw that opened the season. Hopefully we saw the last of Pears, Devey, and Martin.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats also a positive we will have some very good depth with Brown and Tiller. No depth at Center.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im worried about our WR core. I dont know how good they can be. Also LB's scare me. With lynch out we only have 1 very good LB(bowman).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
whats also a positive we will have some very good depth with Brown and Tiller. No depth at Center.

don't know about depth anywhere on the O-line, for me too early to think it. But if we're going to look at depth, we're vulnerable at LT.

Imagine if Baltimore took DeFo and we took Stanley? In THIS scenario, i'd still be fine with Stanley as the clear talent left. But no doubt it would've appeared "inefficient" for this season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/commentary/1584-joe-staley-offensive-line-ten-times-better-year/

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im worried about our WR core. I dont know how good they can be. Also LB's scare me. With lynch out we only have 1 very good LB(bowman).

Yes true, we don't have a good WR nor LB corps. Agreeing with LB corps because of little pass rushing available, they'll be ok against the run. But we have a good D-line in the making, and that should help the LB's on passing downs.

We can't fix everything at once so its understandable there are more than a few weaknesses. Even good teams have weaknesses as player leave in free agency. As long as those we do have, the recent draft choices, pan out? As long as the majority of them start showing their talent, and flashing their abilities. If we're "stale" all season like 2015, God help us!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good:
Anything we get from A.Davis is just gravy. It'd be a huge boost if he rounded back to form and was good enough to put Brown on the bench. It's great to Garnett already moved into the starting lineup. Very encouraging.

From the camp reports, it's looking like T.Smith is primed for a big season in Kelly's offense.

The most encouraging thing imo is that Armstead has been the star of camp. Maybe he

The bad:
The loss of Rodgers will hurt our WR depth since Ellington seems to stay nicked up and Patton tends to disappear in the regular season. Looking like the passing game will rely on Smith, Ellington and the TEs.

We still have nothing at backup center. If Martin plays anything like he did last season, we have to cut our losses. I'd almost rather go with an unproven backup than watch martin get killed on Sundays again.

Neither Gabbert nor Kap have really taken a clear, definitive lead in the QB competition. Honestly, I thinK Gabby wins it b/c he can hit the dump off just before the pressure comes, whereas Kap likes to try to run off or waits too long and eats the ball. I wnat to see how Kap plays when he knows he can get hit the mouth.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners signed Christian Ponder??? Holy moly. Is the free agent QB market THAT thin? Unless Kaep really has a significant arm issue, then this MUST be just a move to get another arm in camp. Or at least, I HOPE to hell that's all it is.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners signed Christian Ponder??? Holy moly. Is the free agent QB market THAT thin? Unless Kaep really has a significant arm issue, then this MUST be just a move to get another arm in camp. Or at least, I HOPE to hell that's all it is.
Probably Thad Lewis replacement who is out for the season. Kelly likes to have three QBs on roster

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

At this time in the off-season not surprising, all teams have three or four QB's in camp. If there was a QB worth signing, he'd already be signed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today Practice Report: Joint practice with Denver
- All QBs look bad today. Gabbert, Ponder and Driskel threw Ints during the 11 on 11 Drill. Kap only Hand the ball off.
- WR's just not getting open
- Oline had another good day. Beadles starting to look like a starter next to Joe.
-Defense looked really good. They said in a regular game might of had 4-6 sacks.
-Lynch got into a scrum with Denver young center.
-Dial looking like a legit starter.

....more to come.