• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carradine made his mark in college by being a top pass rusher. That's all he did but was very good at it. That is why he was considered a 1st round talent. So if we're just looking at pass rushing as opposed to overall, not surprising.

Don't know if that is enough to keep him on the roster now? Ok, guess he could stick at very least till Lynch returns?

Yes he did, but he was invisible as a pass rusher on the 49ers. If he actually becomes a productive pass rusher then he makes the team as those are hard to find.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, this makes sense. you'd still add another vet QB, but it doesn't need to be Kaep.

Yeah at this point we would just be looking for the vet back up and only would do that if we don't have any confidence in our rookie to do anything if called upon. Any back up would take probably a month to get caught up on our playbook so can't see them actually trading in the hopes of finding a starter. The Broncos are going to sink or swim with the 3 QB's we have right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joint Practice 2: Side Notes:
- T. Brown looking like the starter at RT so AD now taking reps at RG. I thought Tiller/Beadles and Garrett has been doing good so this is a weird move. If this happens that means who wins the LG spot.
-Kap started throwing again. Noting crazy. He will not play this weekend. He is easily losing the starting spot.
-49ers running game against Denver looked really good again.
- QB's looked a little better today. Gabbert opened practice with 3 TD's.
- T. Smith beat Talib a couple of time today. 2 TD's on him.
- Driskel looked good today.

Defense:
- Brooks came to play today. Multiple sacks on the day
- 49ers CB continue to impress. Another solid day.
-Tank is coming along. a couple more sacks for him today. Denver Oline has been struggling.
-Chris Davis is slowly locking up the Slot CB spot. Anothe good day for him.
- Move the ball period, 49ers D shut out Denvers Offense. No TDs. 1st team and 2nd team.

Overall a very good day by the 49ers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans cant be happy. week 1 188 yards and week 2 45 yards. Grass isnt always greener on the other side. Had a coach that got you to the playoffs and u fired him after 1 bad season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans cant be happy. week 1 188 yards and week 2 45 yards. Grass isnt always greener on the other side. Had a coach that got you to the playoffs and u fired him after 1 bad season.

Our FO might be messed up, but I don't think their FO is any better. They seem to have made a lot of questionable moves.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly, A.Davis is the one that approached OL coach about playing RG. Looks like he knew he might not be able to start at RT, but he wanted to be a starter somewhere. Davis himself said no way could Brown play OG (too big), so he wanted some reps there. Honestly, Davis could be a great at OG b/c it would hide his weakness--outside speed rushers. What made Davis suddenly be a team player? No matter what it is, it's a very good sign.

Gotta say that the OL and C.Davis are the biggest surprises of camp so far.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke. Practically all of them are happy to be rid of Chip (I think they'll regret it) and they have plenty of reasons for hope, but it's been a shaky looking TC so far in Philly. It's clear that their GM is on a helluva power trip and it's hurting the team. It's definitely a rebuilding year for them, but it's been a tough camp and PS for them too. Roseman cleared house of basically anyone that Chip drafted/traded-for/hired. Gave some of them away. Hired a rookie HC that has never called his own plays (to make sure he can't challenge Roseman). Overpaid Bradford, overpaid Daniels, then traded the farm for a 3rd Qb in Wentz (so no 1st rd pick in 2017). Wentz already got his ribs cracked. L.Johnson will be out most of the year for suspension. Their big FA signing, OG B.Brooks has missed almost all of camp with various injuries. Starting LB Bradham was arrested for assaulting a hotel employee (likely a future suspension). J.Peters is already nursing a quad injury and J.Matthews will likely miss the rest of the PS with a bone bruise in his knee. And then these two PS weeks haven't exactly inspired confidence.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reportedly, A.Davis is the one that approached OL coach about playing RG. Looks like he knew he might not be able to start at RT, but he wanted to be a starter somewhere. Davis himself said no way could Brown play OG (too big), so he wanted some reps there. Honestly, Davis could be a great at OG b/c it would hide his weakness--outside speed rushers. What made Davis suddenly be a team player? No matter what it is, it's a very good sign.

No doubt his 'team first' mentality is a very good sign. i thought his mental state would take more time to come around, so i stand corrected.

They're giving AD practice reps at RG, ok with me. No harm in seeing certain combinations now, in preparation for game days. However, IF they're already leaning to Brown as the RT, they should practice AD at LT first. ie prepare him to be the swing OT before the starting RG.

We SEEM to be ok along the line now, 'OK', not great. However, we don't have anyone for LT except rookie Theus.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. With the stupid tweets from Davis the past year and a half I was ready to write him off. Kilgore's comments about Davis were really telling about his commitment this year which is much more than he has shown throughout his career. Martin, Devey, and Pears was probably the worst starting combination in the NFL last year. Davis, Brown, Tiller or anyone else for that matter is a big upgrade. Add to that, the team has a really good oline coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only concern I have with AD moving over to RG is that 2 of the 3 will be on the bench now, Tiller(having a good camp), Garrett(1st rd pick) or Beadles(Free agent pick up). Who play LG? The Positive our 7th rd pick Brown is becoming a stud and AD is becoming a team player.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally can't undo what Anthony Davis has said and done, and there has to be some teammates who question his conduct and won't have his back. If he really did request the move to guard (because he really wants to redeem himself) then I guess it's a start in the right direction. I haven't followed the NFL or the Niners for months now so I don't know what the plans are on the OL.

No matter what, I want to see Brown as a starter somewhere on the line - as long as his play merits.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gabbert shows why we don't want him as a starter. he doesn't give you much. Great job by the Oline and Hyde. Im so impressed by this Oline after what happen last year. Damn Hyde is going to have a good season. D played good. Little shaky but overall ok. I think this game might of helped Kap. Gabbert is just not good. he is a good back up and thats it. D scored a TD and Hyde drove them down the field.

Sidenote: Driskle might be a sleeper Qb. Give him 2-3 years. Worst case a very good back up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Ponder? Looked really good last night.

now we can start saying RBs are having fumbling problems.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only concern I have with AD moving over to RG is that 2 of the 3 will be on the bench now, Tiller(having a good camp), Garrett(1st rd pick) or Beadles(Free agent pick up). Who play LG? The Positive our 7th rd pick Brown is becoming a stud and AD is becoming a team player.

I think Tiller is looking really good. How they let this guy sit around last year while Devey was getting blown up is beyond me.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gabbert shows why we don't want him as a starter.

'We'? Given what is on the roster, as it stands now, I'd say it's entirely possible that most Niner fans want Gabbert ahead of everyone else.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tiller is looking really good. How they let this guy sit around last year while Devey was getting blown up is beyond me.
We have some depth that is for sure. I really like what I seen from Tiller and the whole 1st unit. Good news doesn't look like Pears will make the team.

sidenote: Martin has looked better at center this year. Might be an ok back up.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Driskle might be a sleeper Qb. Give him 2-3 years. Worst case a very good back up.

If Driskell turns out to be a great NFL QB it will be one of the most shocking developments in the history of QB play. Did no one seriously watch this guy play QB at Florida? Would be an epic turn around for him. I mean he was one of the most highly rated QB's coming out of high school. The problem is no matter how good he looked once the game started he was awful. Until he plays in a game that matters at the NFL level we'll never know if he can handle the pressure now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, it is a GOOD thing that Brown is playing well enough to keep AD at bay. We know AD used to be real good, so that is a good measure for Brown. It is also a good thing the talent seems to be 'stacking up' on the O-line? For me, not worrying about who starts and who sits, even if Beadles is the one who sits, fine with me.

Again, IF AD doesn't win RT, really think he should prepare as the swing OT. The back-up LT is Pears and Theus, enough said. Still think Marcus Martin won't be the back-up going into the season. Baalke will add another Center after cut downs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
'We'? Given what is on the roster, as it stands now, I'd say it's entirely possible that most Niner fans want Gabbert ahead of everyone else.

i'm certainly one of those. We all know Gabbert isn't going to light it up, but he is the lesser of the evils.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Driskell turns out to be a great NFL QB it will be one of the most shocking developments in the history of QB play. Did no one seriously watch this guy play QB at Florida? Would be an epic turn around for him. I mean he was one of the most highly rated QB's coming out of high school. The problem is no matter how good he looked once the game started he was awful. Until he plays in a game that matters at the NFL level we'll never know if he can handle the pressure now.
True but people do make crazy turn around look at Tom Brady. I dont think we will get a good feeling about Driskle until year 2 or 3. He still needs to develop. He did play well for Louisiana Tech.