• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is a GOOD thing that Brown is playing well enough to keep AD at bay. We know AD used to be real good, so that is a good measure for Brown. It is also a good thing the talent seems to be 'stacking up' on the O-line? For me, not worrying about who starts and who sits, even if Beadles is the one who sits, fine with me.

Again, IF AD doesn't win RT, really think he should prepare as the swing OT. The back-up LT is Pears and Theus, enough said. Still think Marcus Martin won't be the back-up going into the season. Baalke will add another Center after cut downs.
Yeah Overall Oline 1st and 2nd unit has looked good. I think Pears is gone no matter what. I just know this Oline is a lot better then last year. Talk about a steal of the draft if Brown becomes a Top RT. We got him in the 7th rd. Lets hope he stays in shape. I really like what Tiller is doing. Beadles has been good. It will be tough to name the starters. Like one of the coaches said Staley is the only Known starter right now(I do think Kilgore is to at center).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Overall Oline 1st and 2nd unit has looked good. I think Pears is gone no matter what. I just know this Oline is a lot better then last year. Talk about a steal of the draft if Brown becomes a Top RT. We got him in the 7th rd. Lets hope he stays in shape. I really like what Tiller is doing. Beadles has been good. It will be tough to name the starters. Like one of the coaches said Staley is the only Known starter right now(I do think Kilgore is to at center).

We seem to have good depth at the three least important spots....LG, RG, and RT. But we don't have depth at the two most important spots....LT and C. It drops off quickly at LT and C, IMO we don't even have depth here. It isnt' easy to go out and sign an LT, and why i'd give AD a shot now. We can sign a back-up C after cut downs, cause i just can't see MM being that guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to have good depth at the three least important spots....LG, RG, and RT. But we don't have depth at the two most important spots....LT and C. It drops off quickly at LT and C, IMO we don't even have depth here. It isnt' easy to go out and sign an LT, and why i'd give AD a shot now. We can sign a back-up C after cut downs, cause i just can't see MM being that guy.
our depth at LT is brown or AD. If Staley went down one of those guys would step in. not bad

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our depth at LT is brown or AD. If Staley went down one of those guys would step in. not bad

Think AD can handle back-up LT given time, but that is why you start now....to give him time. This as opposed to practicing at RG. Pretty sure he was the LT at Rutgers and is supposedly very athletic for his size, he makes the most sense at LT.

If AD beats out Brown, yeah do TRY out Brown at LT instead. No harm seeing what we got during practices? But i don't think its as easy as flipping guys to the other side. Easy for us to say it on this board, but switching stances in 'live action' is a whole 'nother matter.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had regular practice today. The bigger news for me is Beadles practicing at Center. This could mean Martin is on his way out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap had regular practice today. The bigger news for me is Beadles practicing at Center. This could mean Martin is on his way out.

yep, cause can't imagine Martin being the back-up interior lineman?! Now, no one is happy we wasted a 3rd round pick on him, but he isn't even close.

i would guess they're trying Beadles first because of his experience? Everything being equal, you'd think Tiller would get the first shot, being he is younger? Anyway, fine with trying out Beadles, and there is still a LITTLE time to do this.

Later, they can still bring in a vet Center to try out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, cause can't imagine Martin being the back-up interior lineman?! Now, no one is happy we wasted a 3rd round pick on him, but he isn't even close.

i would guess they're trying Beadles first because of his experience? Everything being equal, you'd think Tiller would get the first shot, being he is younger? Anyway, fine with trying out Beadles, and there is still a LITTLE time to do this.

Later, they can still bring in a vet Center to try out.
Apparently Beadles has done work at Center before. Not sure what to make of Martin. On writer claims he has been having a good camp. Another claim he has struggled and got manhandled during the game. While he is still young, he was so bad and overpowered last year. Can he really improve that much?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont forget about another Bust brandon Thomas. no talk about him.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we've bared heard his name. He may be forced out by numbers alone. Two of Beadles, Garnett, Tiller and Davis will be on the bench on game day. At OT there's Staley, Brown, Davis, Pears and those rookies we drafted. 2 of them won't make the team. Suddenly, there isn't a lot of room for Thomas.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapturous news! If Beadle can be half-competent, he'll be better than Martin. One of the 2 or 3 OL backups active on game day have to be able to play center and ideally, that player shoudl be able to play OG as well. Beadle would be ideal considering his playing experience.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thomas actually played with the 2nd string. His play was complimented by one of the analysts. Don't know whether he will make the team or not.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am to a big fan of tiller andBrown but AD is still good. good problems to have. on top of that we have a 1st rd pick in garrett

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And just 2 safeties. That's ridiculous.

there are three safeties in Bethea, Reid, and Tartt. Not ideal but ok heading into the season. They can add another 'pure' safety later on, if need be.

Coverage guys are more valuable and is why you TRY to keep as many CB's as possible. You then TRY them out (eg Johnson and Reaser) at Safety. If they're needed in a game day pinch, they might finish a game. But more importantly, they're on the roster to back up the CB's and NB. IMO we need stronger back-ups at CB over Safety.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am to a big fan of tiller andBrown but AD is still good. good problems to have. on top of that we have a 1st rd pick in garrett

No doubt a good problem to have. These players know they're competing every year, and have been competing since pop warner. The ones who initially sits, has to just keep going. Nothing says if one starts in game 1, he is the starter all season.

Who is Garrett?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of me still wants Andrew Tiller and Trent Brown to man the right side. I still have my reservations with Davis. At least now if he up and quits again, there looks to be some solid pieces waiting to take over.

I really like Tiller. I think Brown is going to start regardless. He has been playing well. The team has a really good oline coach. I am hoping this guy will figure out what works best.