• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we read an article last week i think, where Baalke essentially admitted it affected Round 5. But going into the draft, can't blame Baalke for assuming AD remains out. Today, we can say AD is looking good physically and mentally, but we didn't know this in April. Based on the tweets he was sending out, i would've said he isn't returning at all.

Don't think AD affected the JG pick regardless?

I agree with Purguy, having Brown and Tiller pan out (to whatever level they are now) is just a bonus. It gives us good depth and/or potential trade options. If AD and/or JG has to sit game 1, so be it. There is more than this season, so prefer we keep good depth on our O-line, not trade.

I agree about having the depth and perhaps being in a position where we might trade an O-lineman. I will wait and see what Anthony Davis brings to the table.....I am still quite hesitant given the last year, and while everything sounds good, there still has to be doubt in the lockerroom if he's up and quit again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Overall, this can be a really good run blocking line. If Garnett gets the starting gig and realizes his potential it would be a road grading oline with Anthony Davis and Brown. I remember the right side of the line was so bad last year the coaches won't even call running plays to the right side.

Carlos Hyde should get over 1,000 yard easily....assuming he stays healthy. But hard to draft him too high (fantasy football) because of TDs? Can't help think he won't get enough TDs to be a round 2 pick?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenneth Acker traded to the Chiefs for undisclosed pick

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, Acker was a starter last year and fell down the depth chart this year. And this team has so many CBs.

That's what I understand as well...looks like it's for a Baalke 7th round specialty.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Simpson cut. He supposedly was having a good camp. Obviously not that good to go with the early releases

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to get something even if 2018 and even if a 7th rounder, because he'd be cut anyway.

Same thing I guess about Brandon Thomas....traded to Lions for WR/PR Jeremy Kerley.

In other news that should make Niner fans happy, Erik Pears was cut.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thingpreseasoabout Brandon Thomas....traded to Lions for WR/PR Jeremy Kerley.

In other news that should make Niner fans happy, Erik Pears was cut.
Finally. I saw Pears get beat by 2nd string players during preseason. That makes two thirds of that awful oline gone. That just leaves Martin.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be argued that Anthony Davis' return has somewhat screwed us in regards to Baalke and the last draft. Brown and Tiller both showed us something - although it was for only a small part of the season, and you'd like to see more before drawing conclusions as to how good they truly are. So lets say for arguments sake they do take over the right side.....Baalke trades up for Joshua Garnett in the 1st, essentially to plug into LG from the getgo.

Where does that leave Davis? It's nice to say we have depth and all, but I don't know too many teams with someone like him on their roster who is basically a backup. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's a battle between Tiller and Davis.....with Garnett being the wild card. If JG is overwhelmed by the NFL, that would really, really put Baalke near the end of his lifeline as Niner GM.

Where it leaves Davis? Who cares really he did it to himself by retiring and then coming back if he can't get a starting spot back not the teams fault. I would say it's not a bad thing to have and if Garnett doesn't start right away it doesn't mean he won't be a good player but it doesn't look good for the GM to trade up for a guy that won't help your team and have pretty much everyone you drafted highly not start for your team that isn't that good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall good Deals by baalke. The only thing Im confused about we cut Simpson and then trade for another WR.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall good Deals by baalke. The only thing Im confused about we cut Simpson and then trade for another WR.

The WR the 49ers acquired is also a kick returner. The 49ers need a kick returner because Ellington is injured and can't stay healthy

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR the 49ers acquired is also a kick returner. The 49ers need a kick returner because Ellington is injured and can't stay healthy

Yea, Ellington is out for the year so the emphasis on WR makes sense by baalke even though it was an emphasis during the draft and he did nothing to truly resolve it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
un real. another bust at WR. this is getting bad. baalke should hire someone just to look at WR come draft time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Ellington is out for the year so the emphasis on WR makes sense by baalke even though it was an emphasis during the draft and he did nothing to truly resolve it.

I've about had it with Ellington. He is glass