• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like Tiller. I think Brown is going to start regardless. He has been playing well. The team has a really good oline coach. I am hoping this guy will figure out what works best.

Earlier i had concerns with Brown's conditioning, and quite frankly didn't think he had enough of it for Kelly's offense. He has certainly proven me wrong to date, and good for him. No problem here with Brown winning RT over AD.

Apparently, Tiller is also a huge find as he's been holding on at RG all off-season. If Tiller is the game 1 starter, fine with me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt a good problem to have. These players know they're competing every year, and have been competing since pop warner. The ones who initially sits, has to just keep going. Nothing says if one starts in game 1, he is the starter all season.

Who is Garrett?
sorry garnett

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier i had concerns with Brown's conditioning, and quite frankly didn't think he had enough of it for Kelly's offense. He has certainly proven me wrong to date, and good for him. No problem here with Brown winning RT over AD.

Apparently, Tiller is also a huge find as he's been holding on at RG all off-season. If Tiller is the game 1 starter, fine with me.
just give me the best 5. the good thing the back ups will keep pushing them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just give me the best 5. the good thing the back ups will keep pushing them.

BTW - not sure what they mean by "best 5"? That is just too simplistic/generalizing to state?

for example, say AD is a very good RT, making him the 3rd best linemen. Now say we move him to RG and due to lack of game experience, now becomes the 7th best linemen. Does AD still play RG because he's the 3rd best?

Same with CB, Ward will win RCB because he's the best RCB we have. It isn't because he's one of the best 11 football players on D?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - not sure what they mean by "best 5"? That is just too simplistic/generalizing to state?

for example, say AD is a very good RT, making him the 3rd best linemen. Now say we move him to RG and due to lack of game experience, now becomes the 7th best linemen. Does AD still play RG because he's the 3rd best?

Same with CB, Ward will win RCB because he's the best RCB we have. It isn't because he's one of the best 11 football players on D?
u get too deep into a post. im talking about the best at each position. if AD is the best guard play him. if not dont. its that simple. just like we draft a guard in the 1st rd but if he isnt the best he sits until he is.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Tiller. I think Brown is going to start regardless. He has been playing well. The team has a really good oline coach. I am hoping this guy will figure out what works best.

It can be argued that Anthony Davis' return has somewhat screwed us in regards to Baalke and the last draft. Brown and Tiller both showed us something - although it was for only a small part of the season, and you'd like to see more before drawing conclusions as to how good they truly are. So lets say for arguments sake they do take over the right side.....Baalke trades up for Joshua Garnett in the 1st, essentially to plug into LG from the getgo.

Where does that leave Davis? It's nice to say we have depth and all, but I don't know too many teams with someone like him on their roster who is basically a backup. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's a battle between Tiller and Davis.....with Garnett being the wild card. If JG is overwhelmed by the NFL, that would really, really put Baalke near the end of his lifeline as Niner GM.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be argued that Anthony Davis' return has somewhat screwed us in regards to Baalke and the last draft. Brown and Tiller both showed us something - although it was for only a small part of the season, and you'd like to see more before drawing conclusions as to how good they truly are. So lets say for arguments sake they do take over the right side.....Baalke trades up for Joshua Garnett in the 1st, essentially to plug into LG from the getgo.

Where does that leave Davis? It's nice to say we have depth and all, but I don't know too many teams with someone like him on their roster who is basically a backup. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's a battle between Tiller and Davis.....with Garnett being the wild card. If JG is overwhelmed by the NFL, that would really, really put Baalke near the end of his lifeline as Niner GM.
or people can turn it around and say what a great job by Baalke. To land Brown and tiller and have a trade chip in AD.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JG is getting first string reps at left guard, so the coaches seem to like what they are seeing from him. Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas could well be let go.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cosell was talking about Brown yesterday. Think he is better for the scheme that was employed last year and not the best fit for Kelly's zone blocking scheme which requires quicker lineman. The coaches seem to feel differently.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG is getting first string reps at left guard, so the coaches seem to like what they are seeing from him. Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas could well be let go.

Thomas I can see gone...don't know about Martin. He's been below average, but the one thing he has is that he has played guard as well as center. That's about the only thing I can see at this point if they keep him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance that beadles gets beat out?

I just looked up AD salary man is only making 1.25 mill this year. What a bargain . Next year he will make 3.25. No way I trade him with a contract like that. We have him locked up until 2020.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

we read an article last week i think, where Baalke essentially admitted it affected Round 5. But going into the draft, can't blame Baalke for assuming AD remains out. Today, we can say AD is looking good physically and mentally, but we didn't know this in April. Based on the tweets he was sending out, i would've said he isn't returning at all.

Don't think AD affected the JG pick regardless?

I agree with Purguy, having Brown and Tiller pan out (to whatever level they are now) is just a bonus. It gives us good depth and/or potential trade options. If AD and/or JG has to sit game 1, so be it. There is more than this season, so prefer we keep good depth on our O-line, not trade.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

it seems a foregone conclusion these two guys are gone. Baalke made two big draft blunders here, and on top of that, Thomas was an IR pick who sat an entire season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cosell was talking about Brown yesterday. Think he is better for the scheme that was employed last year and not the best fit for Kelly's zone blocking scheme which requires quicker lineman. The coaches seem to feel differently.

interesting?! Maybe the Coaches are building up Brown now, for a trade?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thomas I can see gone...don't know about Martin. He's been below average, but the one thing he has is that he has played guard as well as center. That's about the only thing I can see at this point if they keep him.

yeah but he is downright horrible playing either C or Guard. there is no reason to keep him even if he can "play" all interior positions.

i'd rather keep Beadles who might also be horrible at C, but can at least play Guard.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is there any chance that beadles gets beat out?

I just looked up AD salary man is only making 1.25 mill this year. What a bargain . Next year he will make 3.25. No way I trade him with a contract like that. We have him locked up until 2020.

Yes!

Keep the best linemen we have, don't worry about his cap hit. Reason is we have to look beyond this season and Beadles isn't the youngest. His cap hit isn't good, but it can't be THAT much?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/commentary/1590-49ers-offensive-line-what-look-like-about-offense/

Yep, the offensive line is shaping up real well for the inside zone runs. Not worried about who has to sit, just go with the best players at their best spots. I'm usually for establishing the run game anyway, but more so for THIS team right NOW. Since we may not even get 'average' QB play, being able to run is crucial. Not all runs will go for yards, but we can't give up on it too soon.

The run game can look bad if a play or two is stopped for 'no gain', but how is this different from an incomplete pass? The amount of yards gained is the same.

the *** is for "************.com"

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting?! Maybe the Coaches are building up Brown now, for a trade?

I can't imagine they would trade Brown. I think he is a future long term starter if he pans out like people think he can

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems a foregone conclusion these two guys are gone. Baalke made two big draft blunders here, and on top of that, Thomas was an IR pick who sat an entire season.

Yes, big time draft blunders.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/commentary/1590-49ers-offensive-line-what-look-like-about-offense/

Yep, the offensive line is shaping up real well for the inside zone runs. Not worried about who has to sit, just go with the best players at their best spots. I'm usually for establishing the run game anyway, but more so for THIS team right NOW. Since we may not even get 'average' QB play, being able to run is crucial. Not all runs will go for yards, but we can't give up on it too soon.

The run game can look bad if a play or two is stopped for 'no gain', but how is this different from an incomplete pass? The amount of yards gained is the same.

the *** is for "************.com"

Overall, this can be a really good run blocking line. If Garnett gets the starting gig and realizes his potential it would be a road grading oline with Anthony Davis and Brown. I remember the right side of the line was so bad last year the coaches won't even call running plays to the right side.