• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Today Practice Report: Joint practice with Denver
- All QBs look bad today. Gabbert, Ponder and Driskel threw Ints during the 11 on 11 Drill. Kap only Hand the ball off.
- WR's just not getting open
- Oline had another good day. Beadles starting to look like a starter next to Joe.
-Defense looked really good. They said in a regular game might of had 4-6 sacks.
-Lynch got into a scrum with Denver young center.
-Dial looking like a legit starter.

....more to come.

very encouraging on the O-line.

not expecting any Pro Bowl performances at QB, but am hoping Gabbert can reach the 'average' level. Its possible if the run game stays consistently good, so this goes back to the O-line.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very encouraging on the O-line.

not expecting any Pro Bowl performances at QB, but am hoping Gabbert can reach the 'average' level. Its possible if the run game stays consistently good, so this goes back to the O-line.
Anyone thinking Ponder might come out on top. He has had a better Career then Gabbert and Kap well is hurt and is hurting his chances.

Todays news about the Oline and D is very encouraging. I really think this Oline will be ranked around 15th in the league this year if healthy. Ceiling inside the Top 10.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone thinking Ponder might come out on top. He has had a better Career then Gabbert and Kap well is hurt and is hurting his chances.

Todays news about the Oline and D is very encouraging. I really think this Oline will be ranked around 15th in the league this year if healthy. Ceiling inside the Top 10.

Not me, Ponder is too far behind for this season. He won't even make the team unless another one gets hurt, or Kaep is traded.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, Ponder is too far behind for this season. He won't even make the team unless another one gets hurt, or Kaep is traded.
Yeah I think he is just an extra arm for right now but you never know. I remember watching him and he did look better then Gabbert. But you might be right it might be too late in the process to get him up to speed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke talks Kap's health, denies he's involved in QB decision

It makes sense that Baalke and Kelly have to review personnel all the time, communication is huge and they have to work together. Baalke has to not only look at the now, but also look ahead. So as part of these discussions, of course the situation with Kaep and Gabbert is reviewed.

But it also makes perfect sense for Baalke NOT to influence who starts?! Because then it isn't about Gabbert or Kaep, but about Kelly. Baalke HAS TO to let Kelly make the decision, else you start 'power' problems. This is the one thing Baalke doesn't need right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always interesting to read how reporters of another team saw practice today. Bronco reporters were raving about how the Bronco QB's just tore apart the 49ers defense. At one point reporting that in a Red Zone drill they threw 4 touchdowns on 5 passing attempts and hit 4 or 5 60 yard touchdown passes today. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle as always want to look for the good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always interesting to read how reporters of another team saw practice today. Bronco reporters were raving about how the Bronco QB's just tore apart the 49ers defense. At one point reporting that in a Red Zone drill they threw 4 touchdowns on 5 passing attempts and hit 4 or 5 60 yard touchdown passes today. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle as always want to look for the good.
I do know your D did well today. I did hear Sanchez looked good. Your Offense could of done well they just mention we would had around 6 sacks during the period and that the Denver Oline was struggling.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I read a Denver story last night. Yes, it is amazing to read the different takes from reporters although the local reporters did note that the 49ers QBs did not have a good day yesterday. They have been inconsistent all camp. I didn't read much about the 49ers defense here today about yesterday's practice. I think we will get more of the truth when they actually play the game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke talks Kap's health, denies he's involved in QB decision

It makes sense that Baalke and Kelly have to review personnel all the time, communication is huge and they have to work together. Baalke has to not only look at the now, but also look ahead. So as part of these discussions, of course the situation with Kaep and Gabbert is reviewed.

But it also makes perfect sense for Baalke NOT to influence who starts?! Because then it isn't about Gabbert or Kaep, but about Kelly. Baalke HAS TO to let Kelly make the decision, else you start 'power' problems. This is the one thing Baalke doesn't need right now.

The conspiracy theories are flying led by the likes of people like Kawakami. I get it. But they probably have never experienced an overuse injury before. I have from weights. Once it gets inflamed and you feel it, if you don't rest it, the condition can become chronic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I read a Denver story last night. Yes, it is amazing to read the different takes from reporters although the local reporters did note that the 49ers QBs did not have a good day yesterday. They have been inconsistent all camp. I didn't read much about the 49ers defense here today about yesterday's practice. I think we will get more of the truth when they actually play the game.

Yeah I am looking forward to seeing the game Saturday. I read a little from some San Fran reporters of yesterday's practice and it does seem that both sides agree the Broncos defense won but then differ big time on whether the Broncos offense won or the 49ers defense. Bronco reporters pretty much said it was a domination all around where our OL pushed the 49ers around pretty easy where obviously the 49er reporters are saying they got a ton of pressure. So Saturday should be a good showing to see which actually plays out. Although it is sounding like the Broncos are going to sit maybe 3 starters on the OL to save them for the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am looking forward to seeing the game Saturday. I read a little from some San Fran reporters of yesterday's practice and it does seem that both sides agree the Broncos defense won but then differ big time on whether the Broncos offense won or the 49ers defense. Bronco reporters pretty much said it was a domination all around where our OL pushed the 49ers around pretty easy where obviously the 49er reporters are saying they got a ton of pressure. So Saturday should be a good showing to see which actually plays out. Although it is sounding like the Broncos are going to sit maybe 3 starters on the OL to save them for the season.

I figured the Bronco's defense would win with that secondary. Besides the QB issues, the 49ers don't exactly have a scary group of wide receivers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Bronco's defense would win with that secondary. Besides the QB issues, the 49ers don't exactly have a scary group of wide receivers.

Yeah I wasn't too worried about how they would look. Pretty much at least for Bronco fans the entire focus is how our Offense looks against another defense. Obviously in our practices where it is Bronco vs. Bronco the defense has dominated which has obviously had some worried about how the QB's would look. So when they all did well in the first preseason game some started thinking it might just be the competition they face every day but they are not as bad as some think. So when we were hearing how great they looked yesterday it just added some fuel to that fire. Still not being able to actually be sacked makes it a bit easier to stand in the pocket and make a nice pass down the field. Saturday can't come fast enough.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah, it makes sense that readers of the home team, want to read the good parts. Writers are human too, they're influenced (homers) by whom they write about. IMO 49er fans on this board have been realistic, yeah we like to read good stuff and be encouraged, but we're not expecting a SB team ala Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it makes sense that readers of the home team, want to read the good parts. Writers are human too, they're influenced (homers) by whom they write about. IMO 49er fans on this board have been realistic, yeah we like to read good stuff and be encouraged, but we're not expecting a SB team ala Denver.

Always good to try and stay realistic. I'm trying not to get too excited when I hear the defense is looking better than last year or that our offense is showing some promise. I honestly have no clue what to expect from my team this year. The division looks tough and with just such a question mark at the QB position it really is hard to read how the team will do. Speaking of QB's I heard Kaep isn't playing this Saturday. Kind of bummed as I was hoping to see what he looked like in a Chip Kelly system. Throw in the Broncos are somewhat tied to him since it was the trade that never happened. The Broncos seem to have a lot of "what if" scenarios like if we had re-signed Osweiler what would we be or if we had traded for Kaepernick what would we be. Heck there were rumors that the 49ers thought about drafting Lynch so comparisons moving forward between the career that Lynch has to that of Buckner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Always good to try and stay realistic. I'm trying not to get too excited when I hear the defense is looking better than last year or that our offense is showing some promise. I honestly have no clue what to expect from my team this year. The division looks tough and with just such a question mark at the QB position it really is hard to read how the team will do. Speaking of QB's I heard Kaep isn't playing this Saturday. Kind of bummed as I was hoping to see what he looked like in a Chip Kelly system. Throw in the Broncos are somewhat tied to him since it was the trade that never happened. The Broncos seem to have a lot of "what if" scenarios like if we had re-signed Osweiler what would we be or if we had traded for Kaepernick what would we be. Heck there were rumors that the 49ers thought about drafting Lynch so comparisons moving forward between the career that Lynch has to that of Buckner.

you guys lost a couple guys on D, but should still be good on that side. Yeah, QB is clearly an unknown and its highly unlikely Denver gets far with similar QB play? Speaking of which, we lost a QB to season ending injury, so what happens if Denver does too? Is a trade for Kaep still out of the question?

I'm not suggesting we rush out and trade Kaep, just wondering about Denver, what would Elway do? Elway didn't want the cost associated with Kaep, so tend to think it'll be the same "no"?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Inman wrote today that Tank Carradine has looked much better as a pass rusher than Eli Harold. That is a bit surprising and the first I've heard of it/

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys lost a couple guys on D, but should still be good on that side. Yeah, QB is clearly an unknown and its highly unlikely Denver gets far with similar QB play? Speaking of which, we lost a QB to season ending injury, so what happens if Denver does too? Is a trade for Kaep still out of the question?

I'm not suggesting we rush out and trade Kaep, just wondering about Denver, what would Elway do? Elway didn't want the cost associated with Kaep, so tend to think it'll be the same "no"?

I doubt Elway would go for the trade. Pretty much if we lose Siemian or Sanchez to injury then the other just goes in. Not much honestly separates those two when it comes to playing ability. The other option is just to go ahead and play the rookie 1st round pick Lynch and see what he has. They have loved what they are seeing out of him so I would tend to think they would go ahead and put him on the field hoping that with our strong defense and what they are planning on being a strong running game they can protect him a bit from making the big mistakes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can Inman wrote today that Tank Carradine has looked much better as a pass rusher than Eli Harold. That is a bit surprising and the first I've heard of it/

Carradine made his mark in college by being a top pass rusher. That's all he did but was very good at it. That is why he was considered a 1st round talent. So if we're just looking at pass rushing as opposed to overall, not surprising.

Don't know if that is enough to keep him on the roster now? Ok, guess he could stick at very least till Lynch returns?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt Elway would go for the trade. Pretty much if we lose Siemian or Sanchez to injury then the other just goes in. Not much honestly separates those two when it comes to playing ability. The other option is just to go ahead and play the rookie 1st round pick Lynch and see what he has. They have loved what they are seeing out of him so I would tend to think they would go ahead and put him on the field hoping that with our strong defense and what they are planning on being a strong running game they can protect him a bit from making the big mistakes.

ok, this makes sense. you'd still add another vet QB, but it doesn't need to be Kaep.