• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/news/94...elly-prefers-colin-kaepernick-blaine-gabbert/

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Kelly prefers Kaepernick....and I have little doubt that he will be the starter come September. Why? Because it's exactly what I don't want.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't open the link for some reason. I'm hoping there is a competition rather than a 'Kap is our starter' scenario. JMO but I think Gabbert has more room for growth. We have all seen Kap's growth.

http://www.************.com/news/94...elly-prefers-colin-kaepernick-blaine-gabbert/

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaine Gabbert has been taking the starting reps during offseason practices for the San Francisco 49ers. He finished the 2015 season as the 49ers' starting quarterback. Many within the media feel that he fits Chip Kelly's offense better than the man he took over for last season, Colin Kaepernick. However, at least one person within the media believes that Gabbert may not necessarily have the lead in the quarterback race in Santa Clara. Benjamin Allbright of CBS Sports stated that early word has Kaepernick, not Gabbert, as Kelly's preferred quarterback despite the fact that Kaepernick's time within practices has been extremely limited. He has not even been medically cleared to practice with his teammates. However, he has been seen out there mimicking motions and attempting to get mentally ready. Once Kaepernick is cleared for practice, the 49ers' quarterback competition will be the biggest story of the offseason – if you don't call it that already. Last week, Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reported that Kaepernick should be cleared to practice in the next few weeks. "He's not yet throwing full-tilt and hasn't been cleared for practice. The question is whether that will occur before the team's most meaningful offseason session, the mandatory minicamp on June 7-9. He is expected to be fully cleared for training camp for sure," Barrows wrote. On May 17, Kelly stated that Kaepernick has not fallen behind in the quarterback competition. After all, at the time, the team had just started their organized team activities. Most of the reps in practice have gone to Gabbert, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Driskel while Kaepernick's throwing has been limited to the side of the practice field with trainers. "Don't go to sleep on Gabbert. He's done everything right since arriving with the 49ers and his skill set is perhaps even better suited to Kelly's scheme than Kaepernick's," Barrows wrote during a chat with fans. Kaepernick tore a ligament in his throwing hand's thumb during an October 22 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. During his next game, a November 1 matchup against the St. Louis Rams, Kaepernick said that he suffered a bone bruise and cracked cartilage. That game would be his last of the season before being benched in favor of Gabbert and eventually placed on injured reserve. While none of his injuries are expected to cause long-term issues, he has had surgeries on his left shoulder, thumb, and knee since being placed on injured reserve. - See more at: http://www.************.com/news/94...epernick-blaine-gabbert/#sthash.zu76YlQo.dpuf

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kap wins the starting spot because I dont want Gabbert. I think Kap gives us a better chance to win under Kelly. The only problem I also dont want Kap to be the long term plan so maybe sitting him is the best choice.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point will the team be any good with either of them behind center?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the line will be light years better than last years sieve of a wall.
I agree. I expect the OL to be noticeably better than last year as long as Kilgore remains healthy. For some bizarre reason, Martin is still the backup center and he stunk under two difference coaching staffs.

It's good to see the offense moving well in minicamp. Gabbert and Kap had some nice plays on day 2. We may not know much about the running game until the pads come on, but the passing game looks quite a bit better than it did last offseason (from all reports). I saw a report that Brown started getting reps at RT for the first team for the first time all offseason.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I expect the OL to be noticeably better than last year as long as Kilgore remains healthy. For some bizarre reason, Martin is still the backup center and he stunk under two difference coaching staffs.

It's good to see the offense moving well in minicamp. Gabbert and Kap had some nice plays on day 2. We may not know much about the running game until the pads come on, but the passing game looks quite a bit better than it did last offseason (from all reports). I saw a report that Brown started getting reps at RT for the first team for the first time all offseason.

Despite our brutal strength of schedule I think we might see some bright spots this upcoming season. I think the line may struggle a bit at first but will begin to gel. Offense will be interesting...there are so many wild cards involved in the passing game including the passer(s), and I think the running attack should be pretty solid. Opponents are sure to be packing the box testing our WR's and QB's alike.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Kap wins the starting spot because I dont want Gabbert. I think Kap gives us a better chance to win under Kelly. The only problem I also dont want Kap to be the long term plan so maybe sitting him is the best choice.

Play whomever gives us the best chance to win, and it just appears that guy is Gabbert. Right now we're reading the team is behind Gabbert, and that counts a lot. Obviously, we still want Kaep to be as good as he can get in this offense. Should Gabbert go down, we'll need Kaep right away.

Maybe both get good enough that they can run with the ball too. ie we won't have to hold back on called QB runs, worrying about injury.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be interesting to see how the WR core does this year. No more security blanket(Boldin) for the QBs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think we will be better then what most people think. adding a real coach like Kelly will help.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers: Former Oregon Ducks Buckner, Armstead reunited

Boy, if these two guys pan out to 1st round picks, wow! With added length, it helps them against run AND pass. Whether sacking a QB or arms raised, that length should make it a little more effective. Then add Dial who isn't old either, don't think it'll drop off THAT much when he goes in? This seems to be a good rotation in the making, so wonder if all three will play both sides?

It won't be solid right off the bat, but our DE spots look pretty solid going forward. Not going to say it'll be back to Justin Smith and Ray McDonald, cause it just doesn't seem similar?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/news/94982-carlos-hyde-957-game-kaepernick-focused-right-now/

Glad to read Kaep is focused on the 49ers, earlier it was too easy to think he'd be a HUGE distraction. I'm not expecting a big season out of Kaep no matter, but a focused Kaep is certainly better than a distraction.

A Kaep that intends to play for the 49ers, beats one that intends to leave.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we will be ok this year. Nothing great but better then last year with maybe an extra win or 2 better then what most think.