• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Rosterbation

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy didn't stop with the Dodgers. He went on to blast the Mariners, specifically Robinson Cano.

Ex-Mariners coach slams Robinson Cano

Andy Van Slyke sounds like a real pleasure....

Wonder how awkward that locker room dynamic will be now.....

Kershaw has to feel a little betrayed by Van Slyke.....obviously one of Van Slyke or Puig has to go now right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kershaw has to feel a little betrayed by Van Slyke.....obviously one of Van Slyke or Puig has to go now right?
Dump Kershaw, and all probs go away...

He wants Puig gone.

Van Slyke "betrayed" Kershaw.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. It can't be a pleasant situation. Scott shouldn't be held accountable for what his father says, but he will. Plus, you wonder how he got the information in the first place. Probably from Scott.

I'm with Cal, I vote Kershaw is the one to go. Van Slyke couldn't even say his name, that's how bad it is over there!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I'm changing the subject, but the Oakland A's just signed Rich Hill to a one year deal and designated for assignment A.J. Griffin. I know that Griffin missed significant time the past two years but the move is a little surprising. I'd love for the Giants to try to get Griffin. Could be the next Vogelsong.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I'm changing the subject, but the Oakland A's just signed Rich Hill to a one year deal and designated for assignment A.J. Griffin. I know that Griffin missed significant time the past two years but the move is a little surprising. I'd love for the Giants to try to get Griffin. Could be the next Vogelsong.

Wasn't he one of the major pieces they got in the Gio Gonzalez trade? A reunion with Sacramento would be a welcome addition. I imagine he'll have a lot of interest though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Maybin has been traded to the Tigers, so at least the Giants can't go get him.
Seriously, thank the baseball gods!!

Dude had a career year, and it still was not THAT great. Buying him now would have been the text-book definition of "buying high".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac is a true asset that the Giants can deal. Especially with Brown and Hacktor able to play now and Garcia 2-3 years away (not to mention Turner and potentially Williams).

Unfortunately, Susac's injury issues reduce his value, which means we will likely have to add another non-toss-in player just to match the value he actually SHOULD have on the trade market.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac is a true asset that the Giants can deal. Especially with Brown and Hacktor able to play now and Garcia 2-3 years away (not to mention Turner and potentially Williams).

Unfortunately, Susac's injury issues reduce his value, which means we will likely have to add another non-toss-in player just to match the value he actually SHOULD have on the trade market.
tzill in 3 - 2 - 1. . . .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelby Miller and Zack Greinke and call it a day? I'd be thrilled!
Serious question...

Which would you prefer...

1) Greinke and Leake

2) Greinke and Miller

3) Price and Leake

4) Price and Miller

I ask this question intending to get your feelings on all that these acquisitions would come along with (Greinke would cost a 1st rounder, Miller would cost prospects, etc)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm VERY curious to see what the Giants do.

Crick, Stratton, Blackburn, Okert, Mejia, Blach, Agosta, J.Smith, Biagini...

I think they are all real threats to be taken, if teams are desperate enough. They have 8 open spots, right? Which would leave zero room for free agency.

I could see them removing a few guys and re-signing them to minor league deals. Hall, Broadway, Gearin, or just releasing all together, like Haktor and Petit (unfortunately) to create a little more flexibility. We'll probably find out today.
Baseball America is keeping a running tally of guys purchased. The west coast teams are not listed yet but they should be once decisions are made - 40-Man Roster Deadline: Who's Being Added - BaseballAmerica.com

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question...

Which would you prefer...

1) Greinke and Leake

2) Greinke and Miller

3) Price and Leake

4) Price and Miller

I ask this question intending to get your feelings on all that these acquisitions would come along with (Greinke would cost a 1st rounder, Miller would cost prospects, etc)

Well, first of all, I'd be friggin stoked with any of these combos.

Also I'm assuming Susac is the main trade piece going to ATL, and the second piece isn't Beede/Arroyo (if that's what it takes, I'm not for Miller anymore).

I would rank it 4, 3, 2, 1.

I might like Grenkie a bit better, but it's really close and the draft pick tips it in Price's favor. I like Miller more than Leake. He's younger, cheaper, and is probably better.

Now, I don't think we get Price so I think the most realistic order is 1, 2, 3, 4.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first of all, I'd be friggin stoked with any of these combos.

Also I'm assuming Susac is the main trade piece going to ATL, and the second piece isn't Beede/Arroyo (if that's what it takes, I'm not for Miller anymore).

I would rank it 4, 3, 2, 1.

I might like Grenkie a bit better, but it's really close and the draft pick tips it in Price's favor. I like Miller more than Leake. He's younger, cheaper, and is probably better.

Now, I don't think we get Price so I think the most realistic order is 1, 2, 3, 4.
I would think Miller would cost something like Susac and Arroyo. MAYBE Susac and Mac. A good young catcher is an asset, but a young pitcher is game changing. Basically, Miller will not be cheap.

That said, I would be OK with something like that. We do have Garcia coming up through the system, and Brown looked REALLY good last year. Susac is expendable. I REALLY like Arroyo. I liked him almost from the get-go. But the Giants are STACKED in the infield, and look to be stacked for years to come. If Arroyo can add a SERIOUS piece, you have to listen. He is still 2-3 years away and ANYTHING can happen in 2-3 years.

As you said, I would be fine with any of those combinations, but I think Leake has the potential to be something special in this yard. If we can get him at approx 15M AAV, I think he would be an elite #3. I prefer Price, and not only becasue of the compensation issue. The lost pick just puts him that much higher than Greinke.

Personally, I would go with 3, 1, 4, 2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this?

5) Leake and Miller

Better cost containment. Younger, cheaper, huge upside.

But, as SFGRTB said, I'd be stoked with any of these. Or Stokes, if you wish. :yo:
I am not sure Bum/Miller/Leake is enough to be confident going into the playoffs. I really think having TWO Aces should be the goal.

Am I undervaluing Miller as an Ace? I picture him as a solid 1, elite 2, but an Ace????

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Bum/Miller/Leake is enough to be confident going into the playoffs. I really think having TWO Aces should be the goal.

Am I undervaluing Miller as an Ace? I picture him as a solid 1, elite 2, but an Ace????
Are we overestimating the value of two aces? Remember the Dodgers in 2015? How about the Royals lack of one true ace (Cueto, I don't think, counts considering his 2nd half with the Royals)? Or maybe the Giants in 2014? Did the Red Sox have two true aces in 2013? Price or Greinke guarantee nothing.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Giants are like the last team to announce anything regarding the 40-man roster moves. They have until 8:59

Could mean they are working on a late deal. Probably means they just talked a lot about it, maybe cutting some under the table deals with some guys who are going to get DFA'd.