• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rosterbation

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player with an MLB contract is paid for the year, not by days played. Any guy with a contract who is on the active roster is going to get paid his full salary, according to whatever his contract says.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know this, or suspect it? The league is not making the revenue they would require for salaries. Why do the teams have to eat everything?

I wish I was able to get my full salary through this shit. But alas, I live in the real world, where my company needs to try to survive just like I do...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know this, or suspect it? The league is not making the revenue they would require for salaries. Why do the teams have to eat everything?

I wish I was able to get my full salary through this shit. But alas, I live in the real world, where my company needs to try to survive just like I do...
Found this article and it seems that they are receiving at least a percentage of what they would be normally getting paid right now (the article says 3% to 4% of the annual salary, one month on a year contract would be about 8% of the salary). Guaranteed deals are getting the most, and Cozart is a guaranteed deal.
MLB, MLBPA Reach Deal

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer this stoppage goes, the better the Cozart/Wilson acquisition looks. The less the season plays, the less the Giants need to pay him.
An update on how the Cozart trade is impacting the Giants during the shutdown - Quick Hits: Draft, Player Salaries, Blue Jays
"Zack Cozart will receive the full $12.167MM salary owed to him in 2020 since the Giants released him in January, whereas Cozart would have had his salary greatly reduced had he still been on San Francisco’s roster at the time of the shutdown."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An update on how the Cozart trade is impacting the Giants during the shutdown - Quick Hits: Draft, Player Salaries, Blue Jays
"Zack Cozart will receive the full $12.167MM salary owed to him in 2020 since the Giants released him in January, whereas Cozart would have had his salary greatly reduced had he still been on San Francisco’s roster at the time of the shutdown."
LOL

FZ got screwed by his hyper-transaction tendencies..

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Yup, but this result was almost impossible to call. Still, I thought this move was sketchy from the start. I do wonder if FZ will be a little more gun shy when transactions are allowed or all this pent up energy will make him turn over the entire 40 man roster, twice, in a week.

Cozart, however, may become the highest paid player in baseball for 2020.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, but this result was almost impossible to call. Still, I thought this move was sketchy from the start. I do wonder if FZ will be a little more gun shy when transactions are allowed or all this pent up energy will make him turn over the entire 40 man roster, twice, in a week.

I liked the trade when we assumed the entirety of the contract would be paid. I still like the trade now.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Zaidi:

tenor.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also might get screwed by optioning down the guys right before the transactions were frozen by MLB. I think he optioned Dugger and someone else (Shaw maybe?) and if the season is not played, that will count as an option year for Duggar and Shaw and anyone else in the minors on the 40 man roster.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also might get screwed by optioning down the guys right before the transactions were frozen by MLB. I think he optioned Dugger and someone else (Shaw maybe?) and if the season is not played, that will count as an option year for Duggar and Shaw and anyone else in the minors on the 40 man roster.
If not an option year, than a year of experience. I think I prefer the option year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the owners are using the media to attempt to give in to some demands. A report yesterday "leaked" that MLB had agree to restart play by July 4. Really it was just ownership groups had come to some sort of agreement outline that could restart play by the 4th, but it hasn't been presented to the players. When that happens, if the players reject it, the owners can blame the players and get the fans to turn on them.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the owners are using the media to attempt to give in to some demands. A report yesterday "leaked" that MLB had agree to restart play by July 4. Really it was just ownership groups had come to some sort of agreement outline that could restart play by the 4th, but it hasn't been presented to the players. When that happens, if the players reject it, the owners can blame the players and get the fans to turn on them.

Yup.

There is going to be some finger pointing for sure.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, @calsnowskier, looks like your nightmare is coming to fruition. NL is going to adopt the DH, possibly as early as this year if games are played. Next year at the very latest.

Sounds like that is the one thing both the owners and players agree on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, @calsnowskier, looks like your nightmare is coming to fruition. NL is going to adopt the DH, possibly as early as this year if games are played. Next year at the very latest.

Sounds like that is the one thing both the owners and players agree on.
I knew it was on the table for this year. And the fact that NO BODY is talking about it tells me it is likely a permanent move.

but like I said a while back, I can not tell you in full confidence that I will remain a baseball fan if/when this happens. DH is such a disgusting thing...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was on the table for this year. And the fact that NO BODY is talking about it tells me it is likely a permanent move.

but like I said a while back, I can not tell you in full confidence that I will remain a baseball fan if/when this happens. DH is such a disgusting thing...
Its amazing all the ways ownership is getting what they want out of this pandemic (shortened draft, reduced minor league system, reduced player salaries, DH in the NL, etc).
cal, I'd miss you if you left baseball. Don't let the DH do that to you. That is just what it wants you to do.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing all the ways ownership is getting what they want out of this pandemic (shortened draft, reduced minor league system, reduced player salaries, DH in the NL, etc).
cal, I'd miss you if you left baseball. Don't let the DH do that to you. That is just what it wants you to do.
I knew there was a conspiracy here, I just didn’t realize it was about getting me to abandon baseball.

whoever is behind this Covid thing is some kind of next-level evil genius.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew there was a conspiracy here, I just didn’t realize it was about getting me to abandon baseball.

Then we're agreed, there's now Frump is behind this... :dhd:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if you just offered this person your helipad, everything will go back to normal.