• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, do any of you even care? Are any of you surprised at all? This was my concern with Smith this year in the second. We take risks over and over and often they backfire. If you just take good players without the risk of injury or drugs or anything else I think in the long run you end up ahead. Each one in and of it self looks like a great move but when you look at the min total and compare to what else we could have done I think you realize why other teams are letting these players fall to us

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory is just another dumass. I can't believe I was happy we drafted him. It's now up to mayowa and tapper to fill that side. Irving is another one

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fix stupid.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at what's been done with our ,2ND round picks the best of the lot over past 4 drafts is dlaw and he is suspended 1st 4 games. The smith pick still annoys me. I will be surprised if he ever plays a down. Escobar has been a bust for,where,he was picked. High 2nd rounders should not be tossed around like poker chips

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has given cowboy fans a 20 year hangover without the alcohol.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, do any of you even care? Are any of you surprised at all? This was my concern with Smith this year in the second. We take risks over and over and often they backfire. If you just take good players without the risk of injury or drugs or anything else I think in the long run you end up ahead. Each one in and of it self looks like a great move but when you look at the min total and compare to what else we could have done I think you realize why other teams are letting these players fall to us

Logged in to post something similar.

It's so maddening, year after year, Dallas takes a gamble in the second round. And year after year, we get burnt. For fuck's sake, when does the lesson get learned? I can not wait for Stephen to get full control of personnel decisions. This shit has got to stop.

This is what our last 5 (plus 2016) second round picks look like....

2011 Bruce Carter, was injured at the time and never was very productive outside of the 2014 stretch run - FAIL
2012 Traded 2nd rounder to move up for Mo Claiborne - FAIL
2013 Gavin Escobar - MASSIVE FAIL
2014 Demarcus Lawrence, looks like a player but had character concerns coming out of college, now suspended and in the drug program - INCOMPLETE
2015 Randy Gregory, major character concerns coming out of college, one violation away from a 1 year suspension - FAIL
2016 Jaylon Smith, drafted with major injury concerns, don't even know if he will ever take the field -
INCOMPLETE

That is one ugly list! I'm sick of the boneheaded decisions. It would be so much easier to be a Ravens fan!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you can't.
say....we talking about Gregory, Jerry or both
that Gave me a good chuckle before I leave for the Bahamas...see everyone soon...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles anyone?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles anyone?

Think anyone that signs him would only be on the hook for about 1.6 million of what he's owed this season, so it wouldn't be that expensive. You know they'll need a backup for some games

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think anyone that signs him would only be on the hook for about 1.6 million of what he's owed this season, so it wouldn't be that expensive. You know they'll need a backup for some games
Get um jerry.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys honor Dallas police with helmet decal, walk arm-in-arm onto practice field
The decal says 'Arm in Arm'

Earlier in July, tragedy struck when a group of men took sniper positions and fired shots at police officers and citizens marching in downtown Dallas. The Cowboys will honor the Dallas Police officers who sacrificed their lives in the ambush by wearing decals on their helmets.

The decal will feature a silver star and say "Arm In Arm."

dallascowboyshelmetdecaldallaspolicearminarm.jpg
Cowboys will honor fallen Dallas Police officers.

via Twitter/@DMN_George/@NickEatman
The phrase is more than about just words, however. The Cowboys actually did step forward onto the practice field in Oxnard, California arm-in-arm with the City of Dallas, walking out with Dallas mayor Mike Rawlings onto the field.

Additionally Jason Witten and Orlando Scandrick walked onto the field arm-in-arm with Dallas police chief David Brown.

The Cowboys came up with the idea and felt it was a "statement about unity."

"Unity in the community, unity among fellow citizens, and unity among Americans and the police who protect them," a statement about the ceremony read. "Our players felt that there is no better example of what unity is -- and can be about -- than a sports team. And they felt they had the opportunity -- for the first time they were together this year -- to send this very important message."

The star itself "represents the police and the Cowboys players" while the circle around the star "represents community and unity."

In addition to Brown and Rawlings, family members from four of the five fallen police officers were on hand for the ceremony.

All in all an awesome scene that helped the Cowboys reach out to the community as a whole hopefully make a difference.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Working On Extension For C Travis Frederick
Jonathan Comeaux 2 hours ago Cowboys Leave a comment

Follow @nfltrade_rumors
Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones confirmed that they’re working on a long-term contract extension with C Travis Frederick, via John Machota of the Dallas News.

Last week, Jones said that a new deal for Frederick was a possibility before the start of the upcoming season.

“Travis has been great for us,” Jones said, via the Star-Telegram. “Not only is he a great football player on the field, he represents as [coach Jason Garrett] said what most of our guys what you want off the field. He’s a guy we want to be around here.

Jones also admitted that Frederick’s next deal will almost certainly end up being a “significant contract.

Obviously Travis is a Pro Bowler and great player and certainly it’ll be a significant contract,” Jones added. “Obviously I’ll confirm that, but we’ll certainly look at all our guys who are up after this year.

This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, considering that Fredrick has is among the best centers in the NFL.

Frederick, 25, was taken with the No. 31 overall pick back in 2013. He’s currently in the final year of his four-year, $6.8 million rookie contract and stands to make a base salary of $1,341,822 for the 2016 season.

The Cowboys elected to pick up his fifth-year option a few months ago, which will run the Cowboys $8.8 million in 2017. However, this is guaranteed only for injury and won’t prevent them from working on a long-term extension over the next year.

In 2015, Frederick appeared in all 16 games for the Cowboys and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 1 center out of 39 qualifying players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Tackle depth seems to be less than impressive. Let's hope Green can step it up or pray for no injuries...or both!!!

David Helman: For the final practice in California, Tyron Smith and Doug Freegot a veteran’s day off. Good for them -- the veterans deserve some rest, given that they’re one of the top tackle duos in the NFL. The problem is that with those two sitting out, the Cowboys were faced with the reality of the tackle situation behind them. Chaz Green started at left tackle all day on Wednesday, whileRyan Mack and Bryan Witzmann split reps on the right side. The Cowboys obviously made it through practice, but it definitely wasn’t as pretty as what we’ve gotten accustomed to. Green continues to struggle with rushers, while the two working at right tackle were troubled by rushers and flags. They still have three weeks to work on improvement, but the tackle spot behind Smith and Free looks awfully troublesome.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Tackle depth seems to be less than impressive. Let's hope Green can step it up or pray for no injuries...or both!!!

David Helman: For the final practice in California, Tyron Smith and Doug Freegot a veteran’s day off. Good for them -- the veterans deserve some rest, given that they’re one of the top tackle duos in the NFL. The problem is that with those two sitting out, the Cowboys were faced with the reality of the tackle situation behind them. Chaz Green started at left tackle all day on Wednesday, whileRyan Mack and Bryan Witzmann split reps on the right side. The Cowboys obviously made it through practice, but it definitely wasn’t as pretty as what we’ve gotten accustomed to. Green continues to struggle with rushers, while the two working at right tackle were troubled by rushers and flags. They still have three weeks to work on improvement, but the tackle spot behind Smith and Free looks awfully troublesome.
Asking price for Leary has to be climbing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams released DE Quinton Coples.

The No. 16 overall pick of the 2012 draft, Coples struggled to get on the field for the Jets and Dolphins last season.